Makita BO5030K vs BO5031K vs BO5041 vs Dewalt DWE6423k, which one to choose? It must be a big challenge for you to choose similar products with similar features when there are too many good sanders available.
In that case, Makita or Dewalt are the brands you can rely on as they offer many useful orbital sanders. So, how do you know which is the best-suited tool for you, which has the best power, design, and features?
That is why we are here to help you find the answer. Let’s take a look at our review below for more information.
1. Makita BO5030k Random Orbit Sander
The Makita BO5030 has a compact design, measuring 15 x 7 x 10 inches. It can be easily seen that it has rubberized to improve comfort holding, and the dust-sealed switch can decrease debris accumulation.
The power of Makita tools gives you a perfectly smooth finish. More specially, it has a 3.0 APM motor and 12000 OPM speed that are essential for variable materials.
Besides, this Japanese manufacturer also equipped this sanding tool with many outstanding features. BO5030 has an ergonomic design that fits your hand naturally. Furthermore, because the trigger switch is sealed by rubber, you will not meet any difficulty when turning on or off the tool. The dust collection system assured a clean work environment for users by a wide fabric dust bag.
One problem you should consider is that the dust bag is quite small and full quickly. If you use the BO5030 regularly, you may not like this inconvenience.
- Smooth and fast sanding with 3.0 AMP motor (12,000 OPM)
- Rubberized grip for improved operator comfort and control
- Large 1/8" random orbit action for fast and super smooth sanding
- Pad control system for controlled pad speed upon start-up
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system for a cleaner work environment
Convenient one-hand switch[/i2pros][i2cons]The dust collection system is small
The abrasive paper is sold separately
2. Makita BO5031K Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander
The Makita BO5031 is a power tool of Makita manufacture that includes a dust bag and abrasive disc. Its dimension is 8.5 x 6.77 x 15.74 inch covered by rubber. Besides, similar to BO5030K, it has 1/8″ Random Orbit Action that can fasten and smooth sanding.
On top of the Makita, BO5031K has a palm grip for easy control. It has a powerful 3APM motor so that users can vary the speed from 4000 to 12000 OPM. With this wide range of speed, woodworkers will match the suitable sanding speed with several materials at different work stages.
It has other features that make it easy to use and increase longer life. For instance, a designed rubberized palm can minimize dust accumulation. It also helps reduce vibration. An improvement of BO5301K compared to BO5030K is that the former has the pad dust collection system with a bigger fabric bag to help clean your work areas. You can use the 5-inch hook and 8-hole loop discs.
- Variable speed control dial (4,000 - 12,000 OPM) to match the speed to the application
- Large 1/8" random orbit action for faster and super smooth sanding
- Pad control system for controlled pad speed upon start-up
- Efficient through-the-pad Filth collection system for a cleaner work environment
- Filth-sealed switch minimizes corruption
Fast and smooth sanding
Controlled starting motor to prevent gouging
Change hooks and loops abrasive discs quickly[/i2pros][i2cons]Lack of the lock-on feature
3. Makita BO5041 Random Orbit Sander
Turning next to another tool of Makita, the BO5041K. Its orbital sander has both a front handle and an extended rear grip. It is smaller than the BO5031K as the dimension is 10.8 x 4.8 x 6 inches. The rubbery coating also makes it comfortable when using.
A noticeable similarity of BO5030K, BO5031K, and BO5041K is the range of speed ( 4000 – 12000 OPM ) and the 3 APM motor offered by the Makita manufacturer. Because of this wide range of speed, users can easily handle many kinds of materials.
Bo5041K has a large sealed trigger switch in a convenient location that helps comfort operators and dustproof. The 1/8 inch orbit action delivers a swirl-free finish. It can pull debris into the dust collection system, make sure that you have a clean work environment.
- Smoother and faster sanding with 3.0 AMP motor
- Variable speed control dial (4,000-12,000 OPM) enables user to match the sanding speed to the application
- Ergonomic rubberized palm grip and handle for improved operator comfort and control
- Adjustable front handle allows for sanding in corners and confined areas
- Large two-finger trigger switch with conveniently located lock-on button for continuous use and increased operator comfort
The two-finger power switch is easy to use
Provide a dust-free work area
Quick-change 5-inch hook-and-loop abrasive discs[/i2pros][i2cons]Low-speed dust collection[/i2cons][/i2pc]
4. Dewalt DWE6423K Random Orbit Sander
Dewalt also offered many top orbital sanders for woodworkers. We want to introduce the Dewalt DWE6423K, which can improve your finished products and is easy to use. The dimension of this item is 10.38 x 7.25 x 6.2 inches, a little bigger than the Makita 5041K. This small design will allow you to hold it easily.
As for the speed, Dewalt DWE6423K also has the 3APM motor, and the power of spin is up to 12000 OPM. Nothing changes when compared to the three above tools.
The innovative vacuum dust collection machine attached to the DWE6423K can minimize dust accumulation. The one-hand locking system is the same as Makita 5030K’s.
- 3.0-amp motor of the orbital sander spins the pad at 8,000 - 12,000 OPM
- Shorter height of the hand sander allows the user to get closer to work piece
- Separate counterweight design reduces vibration for improved comfort of the electric sander
- Rubber over-mold in all of the critical areas of the sander
- Improved dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer switch life
Variable speed control
Dust seal switch for longer switch life[/i2pros][i2cons]Speed decrease sometimes under heavy load[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Which One’s Best?
After thoroughly considering the design, power, and features of Makita Bo5030 Vs Bo5031k Vs Bo5041 Vs Dewalt Dwe6423k, we see that all the above have the same maximum speeds for different stages of completion. BO5030 and BO5031K have many similar features.
The Dewalt has a more affordable price than the Makita, but if you want a much easier control, BO5041K is deserved for your money cause it has an additional handle. Besides, the two-finger lock-on switch is a plus point.
Having the right tool can make your work go smoother and easier. Whether you are a Makita Fan or a Dewalt fan, both brands offered you top sanders for the right choice.
It all depends on the work requirements to determine which one among Makita BO5030K vs BO5031K vs BO5041 vs Dewalt DWE6423k is the best suited. We hope that our review can satisfy your desire. Now, let’s go shopping and buy a sander!