Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Dewalt DWFP71917 and D51257K
Difference between Dewalt DWFP71917 and D51257K
Coming from the same manufacturer and line, Dewalt DWFP71917 vs D51257K is not much identical in terms of weight.
The former weighs around 5 pounds and its dimensions are 4.49 x 14.96 x 13.47 inches, whereas the latter is introduced to the finish nailer at a heavier weight of 7.6 pounds and sizes of 13.46 x 4.49 x 14.96 inches.
Therefore, the winner here is Dewalt DWFP71917, providing comfortable mobility for users regardless of longer working time.
A finish nailer is nothing without a mighty engine. Luckily, these nail guns will live up to your expectation with their power.
To be more specific, they all deliver up to 120 PSI of operating pressure, which is enough to get any finished work done without a hitch.
At the same time, the magazine enables you to hold up to 100 nails at a time. Be glad that this sufficient capacity will help you out well.
Obviously, we cannot indicate the winner in this field.
Although these two devices share convenient tool-free settings in common, we will only focus on the different remarkable features in this comparison.
Taking a closer look at Dewalt DWFP71917, we notice that this tool offers precision point technology, making it much more comfortable to use. For example, you will effortlessly place the nails with the small nose, as well as do not need to compress the contact trip to actuate the tool anymore.
Another distinct feature must be the rear exhaust, which comes in handy to prevent the contaminants from getting in the way of your work.
What is more, everything seems to be a breeze thanks to a selectable trigger included in this finish nailer. You will be given two modes between sequential or contact actuation to support your work.
A whole package of Dewalt DWFP71917 consists of a nailer, a fitting, extra no-mar tips, and a carrying case.
However, do not get wrong that the D51257K model is less pleasant. This tool is equipped with a trigger lock-off that you cannot find from its opponent. The exclusive feature has contributed greatly to enhanced performance and safety.
On top of that, you can experience precise work and perfect finish at last without getting scratched thanks to a low profile no-mar pad.
And it will be our big mistake if we forget to mention the sealed lube dual technology. It aims at letting you operate the motor as either an oil-free nailer or an oil-lubricated unit. Is it enough to impress you?
If you intend to buy a Dewalt D51257K tool kit, you will get a sample to finish nails “FN” style, safety glasses, two wrenches, and air fitting, and a carrying case.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DWFP71917
- Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment for proper setting of nail heads
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work
- Drives straight 16ga finish nails from 1-1/4" to 2-1/2" length
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Selectable trigger: sequential or contact actuation
- Incredibly light and compact design
- Advanced precision point technology
- A helpful selectable trigger
- Ensures your safety
- Jams frequently
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt D51257K
- Sealed lube dual tech: motor works as an oil free and oil lube unit.
- Tool-free features: adjustable belt hook, nail depth adjustment, jam clearing, 360 degree exhaust
- Uses 1-inch to 2-1/2-inch (25.4 milimeter-65 milimeter) 16 gauge straight collated nails,
- Includes carrying case and sample finish nails ( safety glasses are not included.)
- Low profile no-mar pad; Sequential action trigger installed
- Superior sealed lube dual technology
- Low profile no-mar pad
- Useful trigger lock-off
- Only offers the sequential trigger style
It cannot be denied that Dewalt DWFP71917 vs D51257K should be on your top list while you are considering a finish nailer for your home DIY projects. Any tool can suit your demands well because of its premium features.
If we have to make a choice, the DWFP71917 unit will be our priority. We do hope that you can decide wisely to own the desired product.