Skil 3540-01 Vs 3540-02 can both satisfy your needs but if you have to choose one, which one is best for you? Here is our comparison of the two products and a quick review of each one’s pros and cons.
Similarities and Differences between Skil 3540-01 Vs 3549-02
1. Their Cutting Capacity
Since they are both cutting tools, the first feature to consider before making a purchase is their cutting capacities. Starting with the Skil 3540-01 tile saw, the product comes with a 12 x 12 inches of splitting blade size. Compared to the cutting blades and capacity of other tile saws, this product is relatively okay.
On the other hand, the blade capacity of the Skil 3540-02 is very much extendable to 18 x 18 inches. The blades of this tile saw are reliable, faster, and stronger than the Skil 3540-01 because of its extending feature. So on this note, Skil 3540-02 wins the cutting capacity round. Let’s proceed.
2. Bevel Adjustments
How accurate the degree of the bevel adjustments in a tile saw machine determines its overall productivity during use. This is why it is of great essence that we consider this feature when looking through the differences between these products.
Interestingly, both tile saws have a bevel halt between zero and 45 degrees. The bevel adjustments have to be rightly made before a cut is carried out at all. When working with the 3540-02 tile saw model, small bevel splitting can be made. However, with the 3540-01 model, it is advised to employ the use of a firm stand.
3. Quality in Design
Compared to other tile saw models, the Skil 3540-01 tile saw is designed to be relatively light for easy access. Without water in it, the saw weighs about 18 pounds, which makes it extremely mobile when in use. This product is one with a high-quality design proven to have lasted years of usage without excessive maintenance. The dimensions of the 3540-01 water tile saw are 18 x 14.5 x 7.8 inches.
The Skil 3540-02 tile saw is small in size compared to the 3540-01 tile saw and weighs a lot lesser than 20 pounds. Weighing this product with its extendable table would result in a total weight of 25 pounds. We can conclude that in terms of design and building quality, there isn’t that much difference between both tile saws.
4. Saw Performance
The production of the motor system in every tile saw plays a huge role in the efficiency of the machine. Interestingly, both tiles saw models operate on a motor system of 4.2Amp and runs at 3600RPM. Also, both products come with a set of high-quality 7inches blades, which make up the overall cutting capacity of the tile saws.
Even when they both share similar RPM speeds, there’s a distinctive difference in the torque of both machines. The Skil 3540-02 tile saw is preferably designed to cut through rigid and hard surfaces perfectly well. While 3540-01 is designed for splitting lightweight materials with lesser width. Nonetheless, always use a stand with the 3540-01 tile saw to get a firm grip of the saw.
5. Quick Rundown of Skil 3540-01 Tile Saw
- Stainless steel table top - resistant to corrosion
- Adjustable rip fence with miter gauge - for accurate straight and miter cuts
- Bevel cuts tile from 0 to 45 degrees - flexibility for different cut types
- Blade cooling water reservoir - keeps blade cool and minimizes dust and debris
- Built-in stainless steel tabletop
- Adjustable rip fence for straight cuts
- Blade cooling system
- Completely corrosion resistant
- Fragile plastic parts likely to wear-out
- Water splurge during use
- Battery life not suitable for Long use
- Suitable for a small task only
6. Quick Rundown of Skil 3540-02 Tile Saw
- Corrosive resistant stainless steel top supports tiles up to 12 x 12-inch
- Adjustable rip fence with miter gauge for accurate straight and miter cuts
- Blade cooling water reservoir to keep blade cool while minimizing dust and debris
- Bevel cuts tile from 0 to 45 degrees. Cut Material: Stone/Masonry
- Cross Cut Capacity: 7.75-inch Diagonal Cut Capacity: 7.25-inch
- Suitable for professional contractors
- Long-lasting battery life
- Fully safety-proof
- Specifically made for cutting through hard and rigid materials
- Minimum water reservoir
- Frequent adjustment of the bevel to ensure effective cutting