Sun Joe CJ603E vs CJ602E vs CJ601E are all considered the top-notch wood chippers on the market, but who is the better? Figure out through our review.
1. Sun Joe CJ603E 15-Amp Wood Chipper
- VERSATILE: Ideal for turning leaves, twigs, brush, and branches into nutrient-rich mulch ; Rated Voltage 120 V ~ 60 Hz
- POWERFUL: 15-amp motor effectively chips and shreds branches up to 1. 73-inches thick
- SAFETY: Safety hopper with locking knob prevents the motor from operating when opened
- PORTABLE: Compact design with 7-inch wheels for easy portability
When it comes to mulching capacity, Sun Joe CJ603E will never fail to amaze you. This machine is able to shred up to 1.73-inch thick leaves and branches. Additionally, it features an astounding 21:1 mulching reduction ratio, which helps to save you ample time of cleaning and then turning the heaps of leaves into compost.
No doubt, it will meet all your needs of clearing up your yard.
Worry about disturbing your neighbors while using this chipper in your lawn? Well, set your mind at rest as this machine offers a silent noise-free operation of only 94 decibels. Sounds amazing, right?
Equipped with seven inches in diameter, the CJ603E’s wheels are indeed useful in mobility, regardless of uneven terrains. How convenient it is!
2. Sun Joe CJ602E 15-Amp Electric Wood Chipper
- Ideal for turning branches and twigs into nutrient-rich garden mulch
- Powerful 15 amp motor effectively chips and shreds branches up to 1.5-Inches thick
- Compact design with 6-inch wheels for easy portability
- Safety hopper with locking knob prevents the motor from operating when opened
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty. No load speed (rpm) - 4100 rpm
Compared to the previous product, the CJ602E is less impressive, with the maximum cutting diameter of 15.7 inches and the reduction ratio of 17:1.
However, rest assured that it manages to chew up the twigs without any difficulty.
We are afraid to tell you that this Sun Joe chipper’s operation is quite loud with 113 decibels. Thus, its noise is quite disturbing, so you should pay much attention to the usage.
On the other hand, the wheels come with a six-inch design, making it easier for you to maneuver on all terrains.
3. Sun Joe CJ601E 14-Amp Wood Chipper
- POWERFUL: 14 amp motor effectively chips and shreds branches up to 1. 5-inches thick. No load speed is 4300 rpm
- MULCHING: Ideal for turning branches and twigs into nutrient-rich garden mulch, reducing your yard waste up to 1/16th its original size
- PORTABLE: 6-inch wheels for easy portability
- SAFETY HOPPER: Locking knob prevents the motor from operating when opened
It must be mentioned that Sun Joe CJ601E is not as good as its opponents in today’s review. You can utilize this machine to mulch or shred leaves of up to 1.5-inch in thickness, as well as reduce about 16 bags of debris into one bag effectively.
Hence, you will find it quite time-consuming to handle all the waste in your garden.
In the comparison of Sun Joe CJ603E vs CJ602E vs CJ601E, the CJ602E model ranks second at 108 decibels.
Similar to its successor, this item also has 6-inch wheels. Plus, Sun Joe has designed it with a lightweight design, so transporting this machine is not a big deal at all.
Differences Between Sun Joe CJ603E, CJ602E and CJ601E
Although coming from the same brand, the CJ603E, CJ602E, and CJ601E chippers are not much identical in terms of weight and dimensions.
To be more specific, the first model weighs about 38.6 pounds, which are successively 12.4 pounds and 13.2 pounds heavier than the second and third models.
Besides, the CJ603E’s sizes are 8 x 15 x 31 inches, the CJ602E measures 19.7 x 17.3 x 37.8 inches, whereas the last one has dimensions of 37.5 x 17 x 19 inches.
Needless to say, Sun Joe CJ601E brings the optimal comfort of mobility for you despite its bulkier design.
As for efficiency, each machine delivers a particular chipping performance. The CJ601E chipper comes with a 14A motor, running at 4300 RPM. Meanwhile, the CJ602E and CJ603E models have the same powerful engine of 15A and give the no-load speed of 4100 RPM and 60 RPM in turn.
As a result, the first and second products are on equal terms, since their balance of power and speed has led to the superior performance of mulching branches, brush, and leaves.
Below is a summary of the specifications