What is the best drill/drive on the market? Below we will compare the power, portability, and features of the Bosch ps32-02 vs ps31-2a to clear your mind.
Differences Between Bosch PS32-02 and PS31-2A
In terms of power, the 12V EC Brushless of the ps32-02 can be combined with the 2.0 Ah battery, which can make a 12V tool almost like an 18V one. Once settled, this drilling tool can work beyond its capacity.
On the other hand, for a single charge, the Bosch ps31-2a works beyond our imagination. The PS31-2A 3/8″ Cordless Drill/Driver is able to complete up to 90% of professional tasks with its superb strength. It can drill through any hard material. It doesn’t matter if it’s steel or hardwood; this drill drives screws like a master.
About the packaging, both kits of the drill drive are protected by a retail box. And inside, they are contained in zippered storage cases—such a plus point for both.
The dimensions of the PS32-02 are 6.5 x 2 x 7 inches, with a weight of only 2 pounds. But the PS31-2a has the dimensions of 12.6 x 9.8 x 4.2 inches and weighs 4.73 pounds. That’s more than twice as heavy as PS32-02.
The reason behind the weight gain is that there has been an upgrade in the housing of the PS31-2a. Now available in blue and black colors with Durashield ABS and bent nylon, it should be able to take on heavy jobs.
Moreover, the grip now is fully covered by rubber overmold. This helps with jobs with strong forces that could risk damaging the tool.
Now we are going to compare features between the two:
The auto-lock chuck of ps32-02 is very impressive, specifically on such a small drill as the ps32-02. Additionally, the 20+1 clutch works like a charm, allowing you to drill in tough materials like steel and mahogany.
Besides, the battery charge indicator light lies on the side, not the top or the bottom. In this way, it’s easier to see, and at the same time, it helps you know when the battery is running out.
For the ps31-2a, this drill kit doesn’t seem to have many features. There’s only a single LED above the trigger. So a dark spot is exposed over the target zone.
On both tools, there’s a belt clip that is an extra accessory for reliability. But if you don’t want it, you don’t have to install it on the drill.
Quick Rundown Of Bosch PS32-02
- Compact: this small drill is most compact 12V EC Brushless drill/driver in Class
- Improved runtime: Brushless motor and 2. 0-Ah battery provides increased runtime for continuous work in high energy applications
- 3/8-inch Single-sleeve universal chuck with auto-lock: newly developed to accommodate 90-percent of common applications
- Versatile: 12V drill driver Combo with a two-speed transmission (0-400 RPM high-torque setting and a 0-1, 300 RPM high-speed drilling setting). 20+1 clutch settings allow for maximum range of applications
- Interface for belt clip/bit holder: easy transportation and storage of bits
Quick Rundown Of Bosch S31-2A
- Premium Performance-to-Size Ratio: The PS31-2A has professional grade power at an incredibly light-weight of just over two pounds; The performance-to-weight ratio makes this tool a great solution for electricians, plumbers or contractors who do a great deal of over the head drilling or driving
- Versatile Use: The high torque and the convenience of two speed settings allows the Bosch PS31 2A power drill to tackle applications in materials such as drywall, wood and even metal
- Precision: This electric drill driver combo has two speeds (0-350 RPM and 0-1,300 RPM) and 20+1 clutch settings, allowing users to make precise torque adjustments for accurate screw driving and drilling
- Durability: The Bosch 12V battery drill set comes with two 12V Lithium Ion batteries to provide increased runtime
- Visibility: The cordless drill driver boasts integrated LED lights for improved visibility, allowing you to work anywhere, anytime, even in dark corners and low-light areas
Did you find this review of Bosch ps32-02 vs ps31-2a helpful? If you did, leave us a comment about what you think and what’s your decision. We hope that you can bring home a suitable machine for your demand.
And don’t forget to stay tuned for our next posts!