In general, both DEWALT DCF899B vs DEWALT DCF899HB have their own pros and cons, so it’s often difficult for you to make up your mind. But take it easy, our review on each product below will save your day!
Differences between Dewalt DCF899HB vs DCF899B.
Actually, there are a lot of criteria that you have to take into account when you intend to buy an impact wrench. Price, design, versatility, and maintenance are often the factors that we want to focus on the most. Let’s take a quick look at the difference between DEWALT DCF899HB vs DCF899B based on those factors before making a purchase!
For those who are on a tight budget and the main concern is the price of the two wrenches, then DEWALT DCF899B proves to be the smart choice. Though both products come into the market with the price range from $250 to $350, the DEWALT DCF899HB is a little more expensive than DEWALT DCF899B.
With regard to the design of the two wrenches, the primary difference lies in the anvil. The DEWALT DCF899B possesses a detent anvil, while the DEWALT DCF899HB has a hog ring anvil. Therefore, it seems to be a plus for the DCF899HB since the hog ring anvil helps the wrench hold tighter and improves the performance.
It can be seen that the two wrenches are both heavy-duty tools regarding their impact mechanism with max torque 700 feet/pounds and the breakaway torque 1,200 feet/pounds. However, the DCF899HB weighs about 5.9 pounds, which is 0.5 pounds heavier than the DCF899B.
The two products with brushless motors, LED lights and three-speed selector switches could cater to most of your needs, but you should keep in mind their utilities before making your choice.
If you would prefer an impact wrench with a detent anvil that is both resistant to breaking and shearing and capable of gripping your sockets, then the Dewalt DCF899B may be a better option for your needs.
However, if you need to own an impact wrench with a durable coating and a hog ring anvil that can move from socket to socket smoothly, the Dewalt DCF899HB could possibly be worth every penny.
In fact, DEWALT DCF899B is not so difficult for users to perform necessary maintenance as DEWALT DCF899HB because the former has a detent anvil that can be repaired easily. By contrast, the latter possesses a hog ring that is only disassembled by a hammer and a screwdriver, resulting in a more challenging maintenance process.
Quick Rundown of DEWALT DCF899B.
- Brushless motor for superior performance
- Heavy duty impact mechanism with max torque 700 feet/ pounds; break away torque 1,200 feet/ pounds
- 3 speed selector switch for control
- LED work light
- Battery fuel gauge
DEWALT DCF899B wrenches are indeed worth purchasing since they possess several special characteristics compared with other wrench models.
- Heavy-duty mechanism with 700 feet per pounds max torque
- Incorporated LED light and three-speed selector control switch
- Convenient machine owing to its dimensions and it weighs
- 3-year limited warranty from the manufacturer
- With no charger and battery coming with the tool
- The anvil’s inability to freely spin to line up the socket with a bolt
Quick Review of DEWALT DCF899HB
- Brushless Motor for superior performance; Tool length 8.81 inch
- Power tool type cordless; Heavy duty impact mechanism with max torque 700 feet/ pound, breakaway...
- 3 speed selector switch for control
- LED work light; No load speed : 400/ 1200/ 1900 rpm
- Able to handle a 6ft drop
However, DEWALT DCF899HB wrenches could be a real rival of other DEWALT products and the DEWALT DCF899HB due to their following features:
- Hammering function as the advantage over other comparable tools
- The 1/2” anvil with friction ring for more natural earlier socket changes
- Also incorporated LED work light and three-speed selector switch for control
- Also coming with 3-year limited manufacturer warranty
- The charger and battery needing to bought separately
- High experience of the wrench operator for constant torque control
- Complicated for some users to manipulate due to its weight
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
It is not always an easy task when considering purchasing DEWALT DCF899HB vs DCF899B. However, it seems to me that DEWALT DCF899HB is a better choice due to its ergonomic design with a hog ring anvil and its lighter weight.
What is your choice after reading the review above? Feel free to share with us, and don’t forget to follow us for more helpful posts.