Husqvarna Z254 vs Z254F. How can you tell which one is better? No worries, our comprehensive review is going to put these products on a scale of utilities, pros, and cons. Let’s find out!
Differences Between Husqvarna Z254 Vs Z254F.
Both the Husqvarna Z254 vs Z254F are riding mowers of the same brand and serving the major purpose of lawn mowing. However, there are certain distinctions in their looks, mechanic specifications, and durability. Now let’s take a closer look!
Judging from the first glance, these products may not be that much of a difference: the bright orange color dotted with some black and gray touches.
Starting from the side, you can see both the Z254 and the Z254F have one deep-storage compartment slash cup holder for convenience. The deck height system located on both sides has six different settings, ranging from 1.5 inches to 4 inches in height.
The cutting deck is a respective twelve-gauge in Z254 and ten-gauge in Z254F stance reinforced steel one which measures 54 inches in width, promising you to lick its tongue to every strand of grass.
As for the spindles, they’re made of breathable aluminum, very easy to access. Also, the floor pans are removable with a little knob to fasten and twist.
However, the Z254F has a slightly more streamlined body than the other.
Speaking of prices, these two guys might be two other candidates on a score drawn match. We mean, they’re too good to be sold at around $3000. If well maintained, they can last even for decades.
They’ll be shipped to you inside a well-packaged crate. Then you’ll see yourself working with the assembly.
The Z254 is characterized by its 24-horsepower Kawasaki engine while the corresponding figure for the Z254F is 23 horsepower. We know it might ring a bell, as it’s the same brand as those lofty-looking motorcycles you’ve seen gliding around.
The Z254 has an ergonomic control panel with the choke, PTO, throttle control, ignition, and a digital hour meter. This Z254 dude is driven on a 3.5-gallon (13.25 liters) fuel capacity.
Apart from the 24-horsepower Kawasaki engine, it does also have an engine guard in the lower to protect the main engine.
The Z254F has a comparatively accessible air and oil filter, a dipstick, and an oil runoff valve right underneath its engine, which clearly facilitates the process of oil filling.
Its control panel also got the same design as the Z254, which includes the PTO switch, throttle and choke; and the same 3.5-gallon fuel tank capacity.
Both of these fall into the hydrostatic gear transmission, which allows these two buddies to reach about 6.5 miles (10.46 kilometers) per hour.
Both of these products are bought with a three-year consumer guarantee. Be sure to take great advantage of it.
Quick Rundown Of Husqvarna Z254
- 26 HP Kohler engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- A patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
- Air induction mowing technology draws air from the top and bottom of the deck, improving grass and delivering a superior cut
- Reinforced steel stamped cutting deck is made of heavy flat-stock steel for maximum durability
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
Quick Rundown Of Husqvarna Z254F
- ClearCut Fabricated Cutting Deck: The new fabricated design features welded 10-gauge steel construction with additional welded reinforcement strips for maximum durability
- Cast Iron Spindle Housings: Bold cast iron blade housings built for durability and featuring sealed ball bearings
- Maintenance-Free Transmission: Worry free performance with maintenance free, integrated zero-turn transmissions
- Rugged Frame and Casters: The robust frame and casters ensure durability and reduced chassis flex
- Convenient Deck Lift: The deck lift system is spring assisted for ease of use and conveniently located within easy reach of the operator
We bet you’ve had the big picture as well as the details of each mower, haven’t you? Actually it’s really hard for us to return the final verdict.
Well, after weighing the pros and cons of both the Husqvarna Z254 vs Z254F, we would say we prefer the Husqvarna Z254 due to its effortless usage. But it’s totally up to your choice. Choose smart.