Jackery 160 and 240 are among the best power stations for low-budget customers. In the Jackery 160 vs 240 competition, if leaving out the price, the 240 is the winner with larger battery capacity. However, is it worth the extra money? Below is thorough comparison between Jackery 160 vs 240. Read on!
Differences Between Jackery 160 Vs 240
Generally, Jackery 240 is the bigger, better version of Jackery 160.
With their compact design, the two models are convenient to use and easily transported. With a handle on the top, they can be carried around easily and also packed up effortlessly as they do not take up much space.
As Jackery’s power stations are known for their affordability, it is no surprise that the 160 and 240’s reasonable price makes the device one of the best options for low-budget customers. Both Jackery 160 and 240 have a fair price for their features, but the 240 costs about $100 more.
Jackery 160 and 240 have a lot in common, including their usage. Both suitable for indoor and outdoor use, they are often used to charge small appliances and provide energy for outdoor activities such as recreational camping. Especially, as sine wave inverters, they are safe for delicate electronics such as laptops, smartphones, or AirPods.
To be specific, a fully-charged 240 can power a smartphone up to 19 times, a laptop 4 times, a tablet 8 times. For a 160, the numbers are 15, 3, and 6 times respectively.
However, as Jackery 240 has a battery capacity of about 25% more than that of Jackery 160 (240 watts vs 167 watts), it is more versatile and can be used even in case of emergency.
In terms of port diversity, Jackery 160 is the winner, for this model has multi-ports to charge different types of gadgets at the same time. To be exact, while the 160 and 240 have the same number of DC ports (one), AC ports (one), USB-A ports (two), the 160 have an additional USB-C port.
Quick Rundown Of Jackery 160
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Jackery portable power station, power outdoors.
- QUIET GENERATOR& ECO-FRIENDLY CLEAN POWER: Jackery Explorer 160 is equipped with a 167 watt-hour (46,400mah/3.6V) lithium-ion battery pack, no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, no clanging! Pack light for your next camp trip with Jackery portable power station.
- OUTDOOR CAMPING BATTERY: Portable power station special designed for charging phones, tablets, laptops, gopro and other smaller electronics. Explorer 160 features 1* AC outlet (110V 100W 150W Peak), 1*USB-C port, 2* USB-A ports and 1* standard DC 12V port , power your outdoor adventure without worry.
- SOLAR READY RECHARGING: pairs well with Jackery Solar Saga 60W/100W (sold separately), easily get recharged with efficient solar panel. Built-in led flashlight with SOS mode (long press the button) portable power station, convenient for outdoor activites; Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry wherever you go.
- PACKAGE DETAILS: You will receive 1* Jackery Explorer 160 Portable Power Station (167Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
- Light, portable: Jackery 160 weights less than 4 pounds.
- Diverse pot: The model has an AC port, a DC port, two USB-A ports, and a USB-C port.
- Powerful with its size: Jackery 160 offers energy storage of 167 watt-hours.
- Affordable: Its function and portability seem to be too good to be achieved at a cost of less than $200.
- Small-sized, low battery capacity
Quick Rundown Of Jackery 240
- Included in the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL OUTPUTS: Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah, 14.4V) lithium-ion battery pack. It features 1* AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports and 1* DC car port to power many euipments such as phone, laptop, lgiht, fan, mini cooler and so on with pure sine wave inverter.
- ENTRY-LEVEL EXPLORER 240 FOR OUTDOOR SCENES: Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry and easy to operate wherever you go. A solid portable power can power your iPhone, laptop and camping light up, when you enjoying weekend camping or working from home.
- GREEN SOLAR GENERATOR:Jackery Explorer 240 with built-in MPPT controller that can get the maximum recharging efficiency can easily get recharged with the efficient solar panel, Solar Saga 60W (sold separately) to provide eco-friendly clean power.There are other flexible recharging ways with wall outlet, car outlet and generator.
- WHAT YOU GET: You will receive 1* Jackery Entry-level Explorer 240 (240Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide,2 year customer service.For a better customer experience, we will optimize the product from time to time.
- More powerful with higher battery capacity (240 watt-hours)
- Compact and portable: As a better version, Jackery 240 has almost every advantage of Jackery 160, including its compactness and portability.
- Higher price: 25% larger battery storage and all the extras come with a cost of $100 more.
- It does not have many port types: Compared to the 160, Jackery 240 does not have any USB-C port.
Comparing Jackery 160 vs 240 seems like a daunting task. We would say the key to the question is how you plan to use your power station. If your budget is limited and storage of about 160 watts-hour is just fine for your use, Jackery 160 may be the optimum choice. If it’s not your case, head for Jackery 240 because its superiority is absolutely worth the extra money!