Jackery 240 vs 500 are two powerful portable power stations from the renounced Jackery manufacturer. Their standout features are indisputable. But the question is: which one is truly your companion for the out-door adventures?
Seems a tough question, right? Stay calm, we are here to give you more insights through a comparison between the two models for your consideration. Pros and cons, differences, none will be missed. So let’s hop right in!
Differences Between Jackery 240 vs 500
Despite coming from the same brand, Jackery 240 vs 500 still differ from each other in more than one way. What are they? Find out right below.
Power capacity is a crucial aspect of many people’s consideration to buy new power stations. With different prices come different capacities.
As the middle variant of the line, Jackery 240 has a decent storage capacity of 240Wh. Further, it has a surge capacity of 200W that could peak up to 400 watts, letting you run your essential AC appliances in an emergency.
Compared to its sibling, Jackery 500 has a 518Wh battery capacity, double that of Jackery 240. The pure sine wave inverter provides a continuous output of 500 watts. Its surge capacity can peak up to 1000 watts, which is a considerable leap in contrast with Jackery 240.
This allows Jackery 500 to recharge and power up more electronic gadgets at the same time than its middle-line counterpart.
Keep in mind that both models are not recommended for things like hairdryers, microwaves, heaters, induction burners, or power tools.
Due to its capacity, Jackery 500 features three USB ports, two 12V DC sockets, and a standard 120V AC socket. Jackery 240 was also designed with the same types of port, but with one less USB port.
In terms of size, Jackery 240 weighs just 6.6 lbs and has got the dimensions of 9.0’ x 7.8 x 5.2 inches. Meanwhile, Jackery 500 weighs two times heavier at 13.32 lbs. The dimensions are also a bit larger (11.84 x 7.59 x 9.2 inches).
Quick Rundown of Jackery 240
- 【BUY WITH CONFIDENCE】The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
- 【EASY TO CARRY】This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor adventures such as Tent Camping, Road Trip, Backyard Camping, etc.
- 【VERSATILE POWER SOURCE】 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials such as smartphones, laptops, cameras, fans, lights and so on. Pass-through charging is supported.
- 【GREEN POWER SUPPLY】The power station can be recharged by the Jackery SolarSaga 60 solar panel. Its built-in MPPT controller enables the solar panel to operate at its max power point for the power station to be recharged at its highest efficiency. TWO alternative ways to recharge: through the wall outlet or the car outlet.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】1* Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station, 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
- Lightweight and ultra-portable
- Moderately powerful, offering enough power to run your electronics.
- Totally silent with no vibration and zero fumes
- Affordable price
- Not waterproof
- Only suitable for short trips with small numbers of electronic devices or act as an emergency power source.
- Can only charge/power devices that operate at less than 200-Watt
Quick Rundown of Jackery 500
- 【LONG LASTING ENDURANCE】 The Explorer 500 portable power station is built with the lithium-ion battery pack, in a safely designed frame structure to maximize, and long last the power for every single use of outdoor adventures and home use.
- 【THE PERFECT CAPACITY】 With a 518 watt-hour (24Ah, 21.6V) capacity, it is ready to power many appliances - mini fridge, cooling fan, air pump, projector, lamp light, and TV.
- 【SUPPORT PASS-THROUGH CHARGING】This power station features 1* AC outlet (110V 500W 1000W Peak), 3*USB-A ports, 2* DC ports, and 1*car port. Its Battery Management System governs each individual cell, improving the battery life cycle while being pass-through charged.
- 【DESIGNED FOR PORTABILITY】Same size as a basketball, this Explorer 500 is easy to carry with its solid handle, making it a compact and reliable choice for scenarios of camping, road-trip, RV, and home backup.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】1* Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station (518Wh Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user manual.
- Splash-proof, protect the unit from accidental splashes like rain or tea.
- Powerful with a high storage capacity
- Suitable for longer adventures and work with a larger number of devices.
- Solid built and easy to carry
- Has a LED flashlight with SOS modes in case of emergency
- Can be bulky and cumbersome
- Noise from the fan when charging many electronics at once
Between Jackery 240 vs 500, both portable power stations are brilliant, especially if you are an out-door freak who loves to travel and all.
However, if you don’t have much need for a powerhouse, then Jackery 240 is an awesome pick for short journeys with less electronic stuff.
When you want to go on for a much longer time and with more gadgets, Jackery 500 is for you. No matter what model you pick, we hope our review is helpful. See you again!