Jackery 240 vs 500 are two powerful portable power stations from the renounced Jackery manufacturer. Their standout features are indisputable. But the question is: which one is truly your companion for the out-door adventures?
Seems a tough question, right? Stay calm, we are here to give you more insights through a comparison between the two models for your consideration. Pros and cons, differences, none will be missed. So let’s hop right in!
Differences Between Jackery 240 vs 500
Despite coming from the same brand, Jackery 240 vs 500 still differ from each other in more than one way. What are they? Find out right below.
Power capacity is a crucial aspect of many people’s consideration to buy new power stations. With different prices come different capacities.
As the middle variant of the line, Jackery 240 has a decent storage capacity of 240Wh. Further, it has a surge capacity of 200W that could peak up to 400 watts, letting you run your essential AC appliances in an emergency.
Compared to its sibling, Jackery 500 has a 518Wh battery capacity, double that of Jackery 240. The pure sine wave inverter provides a continuous output of 500 watts. Its surge capacity can peak up to 1000 watts, which is a considerable leap in contrast with Jackery 240.
This allows Jackery 500 to recharge and power up more electronic gadgets at the same time than its middle-line counterpart.
Keep in mind that both models are not recommended for things like hairdryers, microwaves, heaters, induction burners, or power tools.
Due to its capacity, Jackery 500 features three USB ports, two 12V DC sockets, and a standard 120V AC socket. Jackery 240 was also designed with the same types of port, but with one less USB port.
In terms of size, Jackery 240 weighs just 6.6 lbs and has got the dimensions of 9.0’ x 7.8 x 5.2 inches. Meanwhile, Jackery 500 weighs two times heavier at 13.32 lbs. The dimensions are also a bit larger (11.84 x 7.59 x 9.2 inches).
Quick Rundown of Jackery 240
- Included in the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL OUTPUTS: Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah, 14.4V) lithium-ion battery pack. It features 1* AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports and 1* DC car port to power many equipments such as phone, laptop, light, fan, mini cooler and so on with pure sine wave inverter.
- ENTRY-LEVEL EXPLORER 240 FOR OUTDOOR SCENES: Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry and easy to operate wherever you go. A solid portable power can power your iPhone, laptop and camping light up, when you enjoying weekend camping or working from home.
- GREEN SOLAR GENERATOR:Jackery Explorer 240 with built-in MPPT controller that can get the maximum recharging efficiency can easily get recharged with the efficient solar panel, Solar Saga 60W (sold separately) to provide eco-friendly clean power.There are other flexible recharging ways with wall outlet, car outlet and generator.
- WHAT YOU GET: You will receive 1* Jackery Entry-level Explorer 240 (240Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide,2 year customer service.For a better customer experience, we will optimize the product from time to time.
- Lightweight and ultra-portable
- Moderately powerful, offering enough power to run your electronics.
- Totally silent with no vibration and zero fumes
- Affordable price
- Not waterproof
- Only suitable for short trips with small numbers of electronic devices or act as an emergency power source.
- Can only charge/power devices that operate at less than 200-Watt
Quick Rundown of Jackery 500
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing solar generators for the explorers. As an industry leader in eco-friendly portable power, Jackery aims to developing green, quiet and convenient energy solutions that provide off-grid power. Wish everyone enjoys the outdoor life.
- [MASSIVE CAPACITY 518Wh]: Jackery Explorer 500 is equipped with a 518 watt-hour (24Ah, 21.6V) lithium-ion battery pack. It features 1* AC outlet (110V 500W 1000W Peak), 3*USB-A ports, 2* DC ports and 1*car port to power many aplliances including mini fridge, air pump and TV from low power to high power with pure sine wave inverter.
- [POWER STATION DESIGNED FOR PORTABILITY]: The Jackery portable power station Explorer 500 is about the size of a basketball and has a solid handle. It's easy to carry, and its compact design makes the Jakery Explorer 500 perfect for enjoying RV camping and road trips.
- [EASY SETUP SOLAR GENERATOR]: With a built-in MPPT controller, Jackery Explorer 500 can easily get recharged with the efficient solar panel, Solar Saga 100W (sold separately) to provide green power.You can also use other flexible recharging ways with wall outlet and car outlet.
- [WHAT YOU GET]: You will receive 1* Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station (518Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide and 24 months customer service.
- Splash-proof, protect the unit from accidental splashes like rain or tea.
- Powerful with a high storage capacity
- Suitable for longer adventures and work with a larger number of devices.
- Solid built and easy to carry
- Has a LED flashlight with SOS modes in case of emergency
- Can be bulky and cumbersome
- Noise from the fan when charging many electronics at once
Between Jackery 240 vs 500, both portable power stations are brilliant, especially if you are an out-door freak who loves to travel and all.
However, if you don’t have much need for a powerhouse, then Jackery 240 is an awesome pick for short journeys with less electronic stuff.
When you want to go on for a much longer time and with more gadgets, Jackery 500 is for you. No matter what model you pick, we hope our review is helpful. See you again!