Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Makita 9557PB and 9557NB
Difference between Makita 9557PB and 9557NB
Both of these grinders have a reasonably compact design with a frame width of 4 ½”. It is paired with a relatively close rectangular box-shaped engine housing and a mini gearbox made of metal. The front handle has adjustable locking, which means you can adjust for left or right-handed without issue.
The Makita 9557PB’s weight and volume readings are 6.47 pounds and 14 x 5 x 6 inches, respectively. On the other hand, the Makita 9557NB only weighs 3.08 pounds, half the 9557PB version’s weight, but the volume is about the same. This makes the 9557NB more convenient and easier to use when holding.
Clearly, in this comparison, 9557NB has won the battle for the exceptionally lighter weight.
Both of these two machines of Makita have a relatively impressive set of parameters in terms of performance. Specifically, they are coupled with power sets up to 7.5 AMP.
Their maximum speed also reached 11000 RPM, which is enough to impress many users for its size. A non-carbon motor, which offers excellent energy savings and a longer machine lifespan than other conventional engines, is also used for both machines. Overall, with powerful engines, light stability, and maximum performance, you won’t be disappointed with them when using it on hand.
Thus, no machine wins because both have the same options and parameters.
With the Makita 9557NB, all bearings and engine housings are made of metal. The gears are also engraved with a 90-degree angle. On and off switches are all made with an excellent finish level to avoid scrap metal flying into the body. The paddle and coil are relatively large for better heat dissipation and metal shielding.
On the other hand, the Makita 9557PB also has similar features to protect users. Still, its features increase engine efficiency and body protection, such as zig-zag varnish and hardware sealing against dust or maze texture for increased engine protection.
Thus, in this section, the Makita 9557PB has a little advantage over the Makita 9557NB because more specifications are added.
Quick Rundown Of Makita 9557NB
- 7.5 AMP motor delivers 10,000 RPM for high output power
- Compact design with small 2-1/2" diameter barrel and weighs only 4.5 lbs. for added comfort
- Protective zig-zig varnish seals the armature from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the drive gear from debris
- Slide switch is located on side of the motor housing that can be re-positioned every 90Degree
Quick Rundown Of Makita 9557PB
- Powerful 7.5 AMP motor for high output power in a more compact tool (only 4.5 lbs.)
- Small diameter barrel grip (only 2-1/2"") for added comfort
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer...
- Lock-on/off feature for continuous operation
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
We still believe that, between Makita 9557pb vs 9557nb, there is no real winner in this comparison. Each product has its own unique features. If you want a product that is more portable and lighter, pick the 9557nb. If you need a safer machine and better engine protection, the Makita 9557pb is the best option.