You are comparing MAKITA XMT03Z vs. DTM51Z to find out which is more suitable for your household? Let’s read this article to find out!
1. MAKITA XMT03Z Multi-Tool 18 Volt Review
Hand tools have become a favorite choice for household maintenance appliances. With just one small and light device, users can use it to get lots of jobs done such as cutting plastic, wood, silicon; roofing small angles; scratching mortar; rusting; etc.
Hence, the machine can work well on almost every surface like plastic, brick, copper, plaster, rock, which makes it so convenient for both outdoor and indoor tasks. The XMT03Z is perfect for carpenters, plumbers, wood floor installers, etc. to apply in their daily jobs.
The XMT03Z, designed with a fast-charging 18 Volt LXT Lithium-Ion battery, can run up to 20,000 OPM. Thanks to the new feature called “variable speed control”, users can freely adjust the speed to their needs. The oscillation angle is equipped for faster and more powerful cutting and roofing.
To add-in, the XMT03Z has a small barrel grip that can support handling, an on-off slide switch for safety purposes, and adapters. These new features can improve XMT03Z overall performance as well as security.
- Variable speed control dial (6,000-20,000 OPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- 3.2° oscillation angle engineered for faster, more aggressive cutting and sanding
- Large on/off slide switch with lock-on button for operator convenience
- Includes adapters to fit most competitive accessories
- Small diameter barrel grip (only 2-3/8") for easy handling. Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Versatile tools for any industrial tasks
- Innovative design with useful features
- Safer comparing to older models
- Adjustable speed
- Battery-powered for effortless carry-around
- Heavier than other hand tools
- Quite expensive
2. Makita DTM51Z Multi-Tool 18 Volt Review
The DTM51Z receives many positive feedbacks from customers due to its outstanding performance in performing cutting tasks. The tool can handle brick, wood, plaster, plastic, nails, screws cuttings extremely well.
However, what makes this handheld unit stand out among others is that it is accessible to some of the most awkward and challenging places that other craft tools cannot reach.
Thus, DTM51Z is suitable for plumbers, wood makers, engineers, crafters, etc because of its ability to handle any kind of job in every demanding working position.
This new DTM51Z has been remarkably innovative compared to the older models. With the new blade, it is faster and sharper when cutting through hard objects. Users don’t need to worry about a thing when using it on hard surfaces like rock or wood.
Additionally, the motor is also more powerful and long-lasting that it still retains the strength after a year of use. It is said to be “a tool that I don’t think I need, but eventually, I use it every day”.
- DTM50 Multitool 18 Volt
- Bare Unit
- English (Publication Language)
- Cordless device for convenient outdoors jobs
- Quite small and light
- Less noisy than other models
- More effective blade
- Accessible to challenging working places
- Versatile tool
- Much expensive than other competitors in the market
- Lack of led light
Makita XMT03Z vs. DTM51Z: Which One’s BEST?
In terms of sizing, both two products’ dimensions range from about 4 x 12 x 5 inches, which are the average proportion of hand tools. However, the XMT03Z weighs 4 pounds while the DTM51Z only weighs 2.64 pounds. It’s obvious that the DTM51Z is lighter and easier to carry around while working.
In terms of efficiency, the XMT03Z wins over its competitor. With the new barrel grip, it is more comfortable to handle the tool. The on-off slide blade switch provides higher safety while operating. We can also control the cutting speed from 6000 to 20,000 OPM, so there will be less technical mistakes either.
By this post, we have gone through some background information about the two famous hand tools that are MAKITA XMT03Z vs. DTM51Z. Both items are reliable, reputable, high-quality, and super convenient. However, based on their differences, we believe that you can compare and have your final decision, right?
Personally, if we are about to choose a hand tool, we will go for the MAKITA XMT03Z because it is more efficient, powerful, and versatile. Even though the tool is quite heavy, we believe that it’s not such a big deal to avoid using.