Porter-cable oscillating tools are versatile equipment that can help you easily perform multiple tasks such as cutting, sanding, grinding, scraping, etc.
Oscillating tools are suitable for certain specific jobs like clearing the grout, trimming drywall cutouts, and doing undercut for flooring installation. In short, an oscillating multi-tool is a must-have item for your toolbox!
In this review, we will find out which tool is the best between Porter Cable PCE606K vs PCE605K. So, let’s take a look!
1. Porter-Cable PCE605K Oscillating Tool Kit Review.
The Porter-Cable Oscillating Tool PCE605K has a total of 31 accessories with a 3-Amp motor that offers fast and powerful performance for making drywall cutouts and performing perfect undercut for different types of work.
Coming with the depth and cutting guide helps finish the cutting and plunge work quicker and with plenty of efficiencies.
In addition, this model includes a three-position handle: rear, middle, and front for additional comfort while performing the trim or undercut of the grout.
Also, you can easily adjust the speed of the machine within the range between 10,000 and 22,000 oscillations per minute. Therefore, it provides flexibility for users to perform different types of cuts and quickly complete different tasks.
Besides PCE605K offers excellent performance with tough applications such as woods, fiberglass, sturdy plastic, metals, and grout.
However, when using this tool, you may notice the noise can be really annoying. It is recommended that you should get ear protection.
- 3-Amp Motor delivers power to complete applications fast
- Tool-free system blade change allows quick changes and adjustments for specific applications without wrenches and bolts
- Depth and cutting guide helps complete plunge and cutting tasks faster and with more control
- 3 Position Over Mold provides gripping area on the front, middle and rear to improve comfort
- 10-Foot Cord minimizes the need for extension cords
- Powerful and efficient motor
- Three-position handle for extra comfort
- Adjust the speed easily with variable speed dials
- Loud noise when running
2. Porter-Cable PCE606K Oscillating Tool Kit Review.
One of the appealing features of the Porter-Cable PCE606K is its smart design with the tool-free system blade change, which allows users to change the blade quickly and easily without the support of wrenches or bolts.
Also, its ergonomic design is an upside to this product. Its weight of 6.5 lbs makes it comfortable and controllable to move around and to stay longer on the jobs. This tool comes with a 3-Amp motor that works quite smoothly and efficiently.
In addition, its effective gripping area enables users to use the tool comfortably without creating annoying vibration while performing the project.
This porter cable is featured for its power, precision, and stability in performing heavy-duty requirements such as sanding, cutting, plunging, or scraping that can support your work effectively.
However, for various work purposes, this equipment’s 8-foot cord may not be sufficient for some specific tasks. Therefore, users may need to buy an extension cord for this tool depending on the project type.
Also, the body of the tool may get really hot after continuous use, hence, users should be careful when holding it to perform their work.
- 3 Amp Motor delivers power to complete applications fast
- TOOL FREE SYSTEM blade change allows quick changes and adjustments for specific applications without wrenches and bolts
- Variable Speed Dial (10,000 - 22,000 OPM) optimizes performance and control across a complete range of applications
- 3 Position Over Mold Handle provides gripping area on the front, middle and rear to improve comfort by reducing vibration
- 8 Foot Cord minimizes the road for extension cords
- Excellent tool-free system blade change
- Provides stable and precise cutting
- Minimizes the vibrations during work
- An extension cord may be needed
- Easy to get hot after continuous use
Porter-Cable PCE606K vs PCE605K: Which One’s BEST?
Even though Porter-Cable PCE605K is not as strong and precise as PCE606K in cutting, creating holes, or making some undercuts, it is highly recommended for occasional home users or DIY enthusiasts due to its comfortable design with three handling positions.
However, the heat that the porter-cable PCE605K creates after constant use is less than the PCE606K model. It bothers users a little but it is very minor.
Moreover, because the porter-cable PCE605K offers 31 piece toolkits more than PCE606K with an 11-piece toolkit, the former tool is suitable for more diverse purposes of work such as grinding, scraping, cutting, and sanding.
Last but not least, the depth cutting guide of PCE605K supports stability and steadiness when making long cuts and enhances control while plunging.
Overall, PCE605K is a better tool for various applications. This porter cable is used for the various projects and is featured for its comfort and versatility for complex cuts and contour sanding.
We hope that you’ve already got your ideal tool to buy between Porter Cable PCE606K vs PCE605K after reading this review.
This multitasking equipment not only supports your cutting work at home or job site but also provides a comfortable and effective working experience for both beginners and skilled workers.