Today we are used to using traditional saws that sometimes cause inconvenience and low quality. Knowing this concern, we have written this Skil 3410-02 vs Dewalt DW745 to provide you much information about these two tools.
Basically, both tools are significantly suitable for almost all customers because of their reasonable price and good quality. However, the upgraded version of Dewalt DW745 with its more prominent aspects is likely to satisfy even the most demanding customers.
This review post gives you a general review of the pros-cons and comparison between the 2 tools. Let’s find out!
Differences Between Skil 3410-02 Vs Dewalt DW745
Size and weight
Skil 3410-02 (28.9 x 13 x 20.9 inches) has a bigger frame than that of Dewalt DW745 (22.7 x 29.2 x 16.7 inches). Additionally, Skil 3410-02’s total weight is 67 pounds, heavier than that of Dewalt DW745 (54 pounds).
Having a smaller dimension and lighter weight make Dewalt DW745 more portable and minimize the damage to the tool when transported long-distance.
Produced by a well-known brand in manufacturing mechanical tools, Dewalt DW745’s price is more competitive than that of Skil 3410-02.
The higher price means more customer services including maintenance policy, product return policy, and discount policy when buying more than one product.
Dewalt DW745 runs on power cord at 120V, 3850-RPM speed, while Skil 3410-02 is powered by electricity at 120V, and rotates at 5000-RPM speed.
Dewalt DW745 is also equipped with a 15-amp, high-torque motor, which provides the power for tough tasks such as cutting hardwood or firm lumber.
Dewalt DW745’s warranty includes a 90-day refund guarantee, one year free services, and 3 years limited warranty.
Skil 3410-02, on the other hand, has a less satisfactory warranty policy including a 30-day refund guarantee and a 1-year limited warranty.
Quick Rundown Of Skil 3410-02
- 20-inch x 26-inch cast aluminum table extends to 20-inch x 32-inch for longer work pieces
- 3-1/2-Inch cut height capacity for cutting through 4x materials
- Heavy-duty steel stand for fast setup and easy transport. Bevel angle range:0° to 47°
- Self-aligning rip fence for accurate measurements
- EZ view measurement system for accurate settings. Cord length: 6 feet
Follow these noticeable points to know more about Skil 3410-02’s strengths:
- 10-inch table saw and 20-26-inch heavy-duty steel table stand: Suitable for long cutting work and various multi-shaped materials, even smaller pieces.
- EZ view measurement system and self-aligning rip fence: Assist inaccurate settings, measurements, and minimize the measuring errors.
- Flexible operation design: Make the tool more portable and usage easier and simpler.
- Reasonable price: Suitable for many kinds of customers.
- Outdated design
- Average-quality materials
- Less attractive customer services
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW745.
- 22 kilograms unit weight and optimized footprint make this the most portable saw in its class. Shoe bevels 0 to 45 for beveled cuts
- Steel roll cage protects saw against jobsite drops and impacts, rack and pinion fence system, front and rear fence lock and large, clear scales combine to give an extremely accurate and easy to use saw
- Powerful 1850 Watt motor for high performance in all applications. Max Rip To Left Of Blade 12 inch. Max Rip To Right Of Blade 20 inch
- Fence system provides 610 millimeter of rip capacity in a portable design for cutting large sheet materials to size
- Cast table top design ensures accuracy and precision, Overload protection system ensures powerful performance in hard, wet or frozen woods, Quick bevel lock with large scale for easy, accurate adjustments
Dewalt DW745 ensures its high-quality thanks to the following highlighted characteristics:
- Innovative and eye-catching design: Impress the buyers and build the product image more successfully.
- Small dimensions and lightweight mass: Helps users carry the tool more easily and comfortably.
- Site-pro modular guarding system: Monitoring cutting tasks more accurately and effectively.
- 15-amp, high torque motor, and 20-inch rip capacity: Increase the performance of the tool.
- Dust collection port: Capture dust generated and clean work areas.
- Durable covering: Firm and heatproof, helping to lengthen the tool’s lifespan.
- Warranty policy: Provide many incentive programs and promotions to satisfy more customers.
- High price
- Limited production
- Long repair time if serious damage happens.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
It is clear that this Skil 3410-02 vs Dewalt DW745 description gives you full background information about these two perfect cutting tools. Both of these are suitable for many kinds of users and varieties of jobs, improving the working performance better and better.
With the less expensive price, Skil 3410-02 is likely to bring financial benefits for low or average-income customers, whereas, if you want a high-class cutting tool with a considerably high price, then Dewalt DW745 is a perfect choice.