- Best Circular Saw Blade For Cutting Aluminum
- 1. Concord Blades ACB0725T060HP 7-1/4″ 60 Teeth.
- 2. DEWALT DW9152 6-1/2-Inch 36-Tooth.
- 3. Oshlun SBNF-100100 10-Inch 100 Tooth.
- 4. TOMAX 7-1/4-Inch 60 Tooth TCG Metal Saw Blade.
- 5. Evolution Power Tools RAGE BLADE
- 6. Diablo D1080N 10″ 80 Teeth.
- 7. HICO 12-inch 100-tooth TCG Saw Blade.
- 8. TWIN-TOWN TTA1296 12-Inch 96 Tooth.
- 9. MASTEC MTA10100 10-Inch 100T.
- 10. COMOWARE 12-inch 100-tooth Saw Blade
- How to choose the perfect blade for cutting aluminum.
Best Circular Saw Blade For Cutting Aluminum
1. Concord Blades ACB0725T060HP 7-1/4″ 60 Teeth.
- Tcg grind: triple chip grind allows for smooth cut on non ferrous and plastic items
- Ultra sharp, hard titanium carbide
- Ideal for cutting Non ferrous metals such as aluminum, brass, copper, bronze and more as well as...
- Equipment Use with circular saw, miter saw, table saw, radial arm saw, etc.
- 2.4 mm kerf design, TCG grind & -5Degree hook
Having 80 TCG teeth, the ACB0725T080HP can cut thin aluminum sheets, PVC pipes, plexiglass, and fiberglass efficiently.
That said, you should only use this saw blade for light-duty cutting jobs.
Besides, owing to expansion slots to excavate the heat rapidly, it will hardly heat up for the light work it is doing, too.
It is cheap, so if sometimes you have to slice thick aluminum pieces, it is okay. You can always purchase a new one if the old one is broken or distorted.
2. DEWALT DW9152 6-1/2-Inch 36-Tooth.
- The product is 6-1/2" 36Tt kerf blade
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Ultra-thin kerf blade for fast cutting
- Anti-stick rim reduces friction and gum-up
Thanks to carbide teeth, this DEWALT DW9152 can slice through hard metals like aluminum, just as if it is slicing plywood.
Apart from superior strength, the carbide material also protects the blade from temperature changes, corrosion, and friction. In other words, the product will stay with you for a very long time.
With only 36 teeth on a 6-½-inch diameter, the blade is ideal for thick pieces of metal.
However, there are two remarkable downsides. Firstly, the kerf is quite thin, which only fits small motors. Secondly, the blade is likely to spray aluminum fragments if attached to cordless saws.
3. Oshlun SBNF-100100 10-Inch 100 Tooth.
- Professional Grade C-1 Carbide
- Negative Hook Angle
- Triple Chip Tooth Grind
- Precision Ground Carbide Tips
- Copper Plugged Expansion Slots
The Oshlun SBNF-100100 saw blade is made out of commercial-grade C-1 carbide for extra durability. Besides, the Chip Tooth Grind design delivers flawless finishes for cutting all kinds of non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, bronze, brass, and copper.
You don’t have to worry about the blade heating up because once the temperature of the blade rises, the copper-plugged expansion slots will allow it to expand effortlessly.
Concerning the price, we know it is a bit pricey to many users, but you are bound to appreciate its performance.
4. TOMAX 7-1/4-Inch 60 Tooth TCG Metal Saw Blade.
- Ideal for cutting Plastic, Aluminum and Non-Ferrous Metals
- Construction grade carbide teeth provide maximum resistance for longer life
- Electrophoretic Coating reduces the rusting and corrosion
- TCG Grind for a durable and smooth cut on non-ferrous metals, aluminum, and plastic items
- Quality Guarantee, Limited Lifetime Warranty by TOMAX
If you are seeking a circular saw blade with maximum longevity and precision at a reasonable price, here it is.
The TOMAX 7-1/4-Inch 60 Tooth TCG Metal Saw Blade is ideal for cutting not only aluminum but also other non-ferrous metals and plastic.
The construction-grade carbide teeth and TCG Grind themselves can resist external impacts very well and ensure a very long lifespan. Additionally, the electrophoretic covering all over the blade helps to fight against corrosion as well as rust.
Are you still unsure about its quality? If so, the limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer will eliminate all of your wonderings.
5. Evolution Power Tools RAGE BLADE
- Cuts through steel, aluminum, wood, and plastic.
- Anti-kickback system
- 7-1/4-Inch Diameter
- Drycut technology-cutting produces little heat and few burrs
As its name suggests, this multi-purpose blade can tackle a wide range of materials from non-ferrous metals to wood, steel, and plastic.
What we love most is the anti-kickback system, which ensures the safety of users better than most standard circular saw blades.
Moreover, the dry cut technology will help to minimize the heat and burrs when you use it to slice through aluminum.
Unluckily, in spite of all the good things that it has to offer above, you are likely to meet difficulty when finding a saw that fits it.
6. Diablo D1080N 10″ 80 Teeth.
- Laser Cut Stabilizer Vents Trap Noise And Vibration Keeping It Cool And Reducing Blade Warp
- Laser cut heat expansion slots allow blade to expand due to heat build-up keeping the cut true and...
- Durable micro grain titanium carbide for extreme durability, razor-sharp cuts, and long life
- Package height:14.0"
The Diablo D1080N saw blade is one of the leading tools in cutting non-ferrous metals and plastic, particularly the acrylic.
With shock-resistant carbide composition and perma-shield non-stick coating, it will maintain its sharpness in the long term without remarkable rusting and wearing.
The 80 TCG teeth promise to hold well even when used intensively for a long time.
Last but not least, this blade can do one thing that hardly any other blade can do – being compatible with all kinds of circular saws in the current market. Thus, you can invest in this one with peace of mind.
7. HICO 12-inch 100-tooth TCG Saw Blade.
- 12-Inch 100T ultra fine finish cut-off blade with a laser-cut 1-inch arbor
- Ideal for cutting non-ferrous metals such as Aluminum, Brass, copper, bronze and more as well as...
- TCG Grind for a smooth cut on nonferrous metals, aluminum, and plastic items. Hi-Density Carbide...
- Laser cut stabilizer vents trap noise and vibration keeping it cool and reducing blade warp
- Electrophoretic Coating reduces the rusting and corrosion
This product has the perfect combination between the ultra-fine 12-inch 100-tooth blade and the 1-inch laser-cut arbor.
Whether you cut aluminum, copper, brass, plastic, PVC, plexiglass, fiberglass, or acrylics with a circular saw, table saw, or miter saw, the blade will always complete its tasks perfectly.
In addition to hi-density carbide and titanium, the blade is also finished with an electrophoretic coating. Therefore, the inner blade is not only safe from aggressive use but also corrosion and rusting.
Furthermore, the laser-cut stabilizer vents can alleviate noise and vibration as well as regulate the blade temperature and prevent blade warp.
8. TWIN-TOWN TTA1296 12-Inch 96 Tooth.
- Real industry quality level with elegant and simple design, ideal for cutting applications for...
- C4 construction grade tungsten carbide teeth provide maximum resistance for 2X longer life
- TCG Grind for durable and smooth cut on non-ferrous metals, aluminum and plastic items
- 12 inch 96T fine finish cut-off blade with a laser-cut 1 inch arbor
- Laser cut stabilizer vents trap noise and vibration keeping the blade cool and reducing blade warp
Designed for industrial use, this simple yet elegant saw blade is extremely good at cutting aluminum, non-ferrous metals, and plastics when added to a circular saw.
Most noteworthy, all of 96 teeth are made from the C4 tungsten carbide that optimizes the sustainability and even doubles the service life of the blade.
What’s more, the 12-inch cut-off blade is equipped with TCG Grind and a laser-cut 1-inch arbor for added durability and smoother cutting lines on nearly all types of materials.
Once you turn on your saw, you can feel the blade work very quiet and not become so hot. Then, every cutting application is going to be a breeze.
9. MASTEC MTA10100 10-Inch 100T.
- 【Specification】:10-inch 100 Carbide Teeth 5/8-inch arbor
- 【Application】:Durable smooth cutting and clean cutting.
- 【TCG Tooth】:Triple Chip Teeth blade ideal for cutting Aluminum,Plexiglass,Plastic,Non-ferrous...
- 【Machine use】:Widely used in Miter Saw,Circular Saw,Table Saw.
- 【Good Service】:Please contact us if you have any questions about this saw blade.We guarantee the...
Like other models with TCG and carbide teeth, the MASTEC MTA 10100 can smoothly slice through aluminum, non-ferrous metals, plastic, plexiglass, and the list goes on.
The customer care service of the company is very appreciable, too. If there is any issue, you can call their hotlines, and they will solve your problems within 24 hours, guarantee 100% replacement if necessary.
However, according to customers’ reviews, there is almost no complaint about this blade.
10. COMOWARE 12-inch 100-tooth Saw Blade
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Silencer groove, reduce vibration and noise, Smooth Cutting, High Hardness Carbide...
- HIGH QUALITY CARBIDE MATERIAL: Provide the best cutting experience, with good cutting performance....
- WIDELY USE: Ideal for cutting Aluminum plate, extrusion, angle, tubing, and other non-ferrous...
- FIT SIZE: 12 "100 Tooth aluminum saw blade. Diameter: 12-inch.Arbor Diameter: 1 inch.
- USE GUIDE: The equipment should be equipped with safety protection device. When not in use, hang the...
The last product on our list gets a unique design that is unmistakable.
It is engineered with a silencer groove to eliminate noise as well as vibration. Meanwhile, the super hard carbide tips come with TCG and a 15-degree hook angle so that you can cut aluminum cleanly and precisely.
For its fabulous performance, this 12-inch 100-tooth COMOWARE blade is widely used in all light-duty workshops.
Still, be aware that it is prone to become dull if you often use it to handle solid wood pieces.
How to choose the perfect blade for cutting aluminum.
Simple as these saw blades may look, there are quite a lot of things you need to know before rushing and buying the wrong product.
Here we will give you useful tips that are short but sufficient for you to pick out the right circular saw blade for cutting aluminum.
1. Types of blades.
When it comes to saw blades, there are plenty of models. However, you just need to focus on the following two main types of saw blades for cutting aluminum:
- Metal Cutting Blades.
This kind of saw blade features segregative tiny teeth with sturdy slots between them.
That special design helps these blades to slice through metal sheets or pipes efficiently. However, they can only cut metal sheets of up to 11-gauge thickness but not thicker ones.
- Abrasive Blades
Carved from fiberglass, these blades get better durability and higher power.
As such, you can use them to cut through metal tubes, bars, and plates of moderate thickness.
Kerf can be understood as the blade’s thickness.
As a rule of thumb, thick blades can be sharpened better and combined with robust motors to cut through things more quickly.
On the contrary, a thin kerf is weaker, more flimsy, and suitable for saws with smaller motors.
With that being said and the fact that the blade will inevitably suffer from wear and tear over time, a thicker kerf is better.
Nonetheless, because each saw merely match blades within a certain thickness range, you should only aim for the thickest kerf that your saw can fit.
Another critical factor that you cannot overlook is the tooth count of the saw blade since the number of teeth determines the nature of the cut.
While more teeth make smooth cuts, fewer teeth deliver stiffer cuts. As a result, the thicker your aluminum workpieces are, the fewer teeth your saw blade should have, and vice versa.
We can give you a straightforward formula to calculate the suitable tooth count as below:
- If you usually cut aluminum objects that are less than 1/16-inch in thickness, purchase a saw blade that features more than 10 teeth per diameter inch.
- When you cut materials of roughly 1/8-inch thickness, buy a saw blade that features 10 teeth per inch of diameter (e.g., a 12-inch x 120-tooth or 10-inch x 100-tooth blade.)
- Any aluminum piece that is 1/4-inch in thickness, 8 teeth per inch of diameter is ideal.
- Anything made of aluminum that is thicker than 1/4 inches should be cut with blades that have 6 teeth per diameter inch.
The gullet is the little area lying between two teeth to remove chips.
The bigger chips your aluminum objects generate when being cut, the deeper gullets your saw blade should have, and vice versa.
5. Hook Angle
Hook angle or “rake”, is the angle of the blade’s teeth with respect to the blade center.
If the tips of the teeth are away from the blade motion, your blade has a negative hook angle. This negative design will reduce the feed rate dramatically.
On the other hand, if the tips of the teeth are is in the direction of the blade motion, you can perform more aggressive cuts.
We have just summarized the most important knowledge that you need to know when buying a circular saw blade for cutting aluminum.
Hopefully, with our guide and review, you can find out the best circular saw blade for cutting aluminum for yourself.
Leave your questions below this post if there is any.
Thanks for reading!