Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Dewalt DW756 and DW758.
Difference between Dewalt DW756 and DW758.
Dw756 has a dimension of 16.75 x 11.38 x 9.44 inches and weighs 10.4 ounces. Meanwhile, Dw758 measures 17.75 x 12.63 x 10.75 inches in size and 7.7 ounces in weight.
It is apparent that Dw756 is packed with a narrower design but a heavier weight than Dw758. Hence, while Dw756 is for those who prefer a compact bench grinder, Dw758 is more fitting for those who want a lightweight one.
In short, the winner in this course should be judged by you, depending on your preference and usage purposes.
First, Dewalt DW756 is designed with an induction motor at peak horsepower of 5/8 HP and a spindle diameter of 1/2 inches. With these specifications, it is considered a powerful motor for heavy-duty grinding operations.
Meanwhile, DW758 possesses a 3/4 HP induction motor and a 5/8-inch spindle diameter for excellent power for industrial grinding purposes.
DW756’s motor runs at 3,450RPM, while DW758’s runs at 3,600RPM, which is a little bit higher and more effective in high-speed material removal.
Moreover, both are equipped with rear exhaust ports in wheel guards for smoother performance and precision machined aluminum tool holders, enabling users to precisely position the job.
Last but not least, thanks for the 12-1/2-inch distance between wheels for extended grinding demands.
In conclusion, with outstanding no-load speed and horsepower, Dewalt DW758 wins in this engine power battle.
The outstanding feature of Dewalt Dw756 lies in its durability from rugged cast iron base to last lifespan. Due to this feature, it is ideal for large grinding applications.
For the same purpose, Dewalt Dw758 is a significant upgrade of the Overload Protection Mechanism to maximize motor life. This means that Dw758 is more durable and suitable to work for a long time.
When buying the two kinds of bench grinders of the Dewalt brand, you will receive the same attachments such as 36 grit wheel, 60 grit wheel, Eyeshields, Spark deflectors for safety, and Tool rests for convenience.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW756
- Powerful 5/8 HP induction motor of the bench grinder is made for heavy-duty grinding operations
- Industrial cast iron base and motor housing of the 6-inch bench grinder provide durability and prolong life
- Table grinder motor runs at 3,450 rpm for high-speed material removal
- Precision-machined aluminum tool rests allow the user to accurately position work
- Rear exhaust ports in wheel guards for smoother operation
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW758
- Overload Protection: Maximizes motor life
- Tool-Free Adjustable Guard: Provides quick guard installations and adjustments
- The product is durable
- 3/4 hp induction motor provides superior power for industrial grinding applications
- Rugged cast iron base and motor housing provide durability and prolonged life
This is the end of the Dewalt Dw756 Vs Dw758 comparison. After this review, you may have an in-depth insight of the Dewalt bench grinders and can tell them apart from each other.
Dewalt Dw756 is suitable for people who prefer a compact bench grinder while Dewalt Dw758 goes with workers who want a grinder with a powerful motor.