Which is the winner in the battle between Ryobi P423 Vs P421? Dig into this comparison for more details before giving a choice between them!
Difference between Ryobi P423 and P421
Ryobi P423 Vs P421 possesses three-position side handles for multiple hand placements. Ryobi’s rubberized grip microtextured over-molds give a non-slip cover for frequently sweaty hands, even in humid and torrential conditions.
Besides, Ryobi P423 measures 12.5 x 5.75 x 5.5 inches in size and 4.35 pounds in weight. Meanwhile, P421 has a dimension of 8 x 12 x 8 inches and weighs 5.4 pounds.
It is evident that Ryobi P423 is more compact and lightweight than its brother, so it should be the winner in this round.
For all grinding machines series, it is crucial to mention the grinding wheel first.
P423 and P421 are designed with a 4-1/2 inches wheel in size for general DIY purposes with convenience.
However, there is a difference in revolutions per minute. Specifically, P421 can push 6,500 RPM while P423 is a significant upgrade with 10,400 RPM of no-load speed. This means Ryobi P423 highlights a brushless motor for extended runtime, more energy, and more lasting motor life.
With tool-free adjustments of two grinders, you can adjust your cuts’ depth or angle to suit different materials just with the push of a button.
These products also come with 18-volt Lithium-ion One+HP batteries for better performance and can be effortlessly shifted from cutting to grinding applications.
Thanks to an intuitive trigger switch, the Ryobi brothers also comprise a spindle lock for comfort. Hence, they can get through solid materials such as metals, piping, and PVC.
There are many similarities between P423 and P421, but P423 is more premium than P421 in terms of no-load speed with 10,400 RPM. So, P423 is the champion this time.
The notable feature of Ryobi P423 is its 3 position side handle. Whatever angle you are tackling your job from, you will be able to get the optimal force with the help of the onboard plastic handle that adjusts when you need it.
Meanwhile, P421 is outstanding with the grinding wheel. This is a type 27 grinding wheel, which is convenient for both metalworking and home improvement designs.
Quick Rundown Of Ryobi P423
- ONBOARD SPANNER WRENCH: Simplify your disc replacements. This spanner is stored on the grinder, so you don’t have to worry about losing it when you’re switching discs out for multiple applications
- 3 POSITION SIDE HANDLE: Whatever angle you’re attacking your job from, you’ll be able to get the optimal leverage with the help of the onboard plastic handle that adjusts as you need it
- COMFORT GRIP HANDLE: A rubber overmold covering the grip keeps up the friction between the tool and your hand, allowing for precise work in slippery environments
- TOOL-FREE GUARD ADJUSTMENT: If you need to adjust the depth or angle of your cuts to suit different materials, you can do so with the push of a button
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This 18V cordless power tool from Ryobi works with the 18V batteries in Ryobi’s lineup. These models include the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
3-position ergonomic side handle
Lightweight cordless grinder
Compatible with all Ryobi P100 series batteries
Free protection adjustment tool[/i2pros][i2cons]Warm motor with extended heavy-duty use[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Ryobi P421
- ADJUSTABLE: Side handle works in three different positions and the triggered grip rotates 90 degrees so you can fit this tool almost anywhere you would need to grind
- ONBOARD PIN WRENCH included with the tool so you can easily replace grinder discs
- GRINDING WHEEL INCLUDED: Type 27 grinding wheel for metalworking or home improvement projects
- COMFORTABLE HANDLING: Rubberized notched grip near the trigger allows you to handle this tool in most conditions with grease or oil on your hands
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool works with Ryobi batteries from the One+ Lithium Ion series and also older NiCad Models (Battery models include P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, P108)
Tool-free guard adjustment
18-volt Lithium-ion battery[/i2pros][i2cons]Not battery included[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Now you should know which to buy between Ryobi P423 Vs P421. If you like a grinder that possesses a higher RPM with a brushless motor and incredible durability, Ryobi P423 may be the most suitable option for your demands. Whether you fancy a grinder with a brushed motor with an intuitive trigger switch, Ryobi P421 should be an excellent alternative for your tasks.