Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Grizzly G1023rl and G0690
Difference between Grizzly G1023rl and G0690
Both of the saws are quite big and bulky to move, owning the same dimension of 30 x 30 x 40 inches. Except for the color, the two table saws look exactly the same!
The G1023rl weighs 508 pounds while its opponent is a little heavier, at 530 pounds. So, in this round, the Grizzly G1023rl has a slight edge over its counterpart.
The Grizzly G1023rl and G0690 all have strong engine power with 240V 3 Horse Power engine, helping them slice through the wood pieces easily and smoothly.
Both of the saws have 4200 RPM arbor speed, meaning that their blade’s rotation speed is strong enough to cut things easily.
So, as you can see, their engines are somewhat identical, and they both can create smooth and easy experiences for their users.
So, we could call it a tie in this round. However, let’s have a deeper look at their features and accessories so that we could have more things to take into consideration.
When it comes to table saws, dust collection is one of the major concerns. Wood dust is a pain in the neck for all of us, affecting our health and creating difficulties in cleaning up.
While the bottom of Grizzly G1023rl is conveniently attached to a dust port, it is not the same case for the G0690. The Grizzly G0690 cabinet table saw counts on gravity, which is not very efficient compared to its counterpart. This gives G1023rl a slight edge towards its opponent.
Fence: As for the G0609 model, even though the Cam Lock T Fence shares some similar features with that of the G1023rl, it still has fewer complaints regarding the effectiveness of the saw’s slices.
Quick Rundown Of Grizzly G1023rl
- Motor: 3HP, 240V, single-phase, 14A, 3450 RPM
- Solid cast iron table is first heat treated for strength then milled perfectly flat & ground to a...
- Table size (with 2 solid extension wings attached) is 40" x 27"
- Table has T-slots so your miter gauge will not fall off the table when retracted
- 5/8" diameter arbor is long enough to accept dado blades up to 13/16"
Quick Rundown Of Grizzly G0690
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Precision ground and polished cast iron table and wings and massive cast iron trunnions
- Quick release riving knife, blade guard and splitter assembly
- Wide span easy glide T-fence system with positive camlock and phenolic face and smooth gliding nylon...
- Adjustable T-slot miter gauge with anodized fence extension and flip stop
For now, we think it’s neck to neck as both of the devices have their ups and downs. They both have powerful, smooth cuts with little to none vibration.
After taking all of the above things into consideration, we would go for Grizzly G1023rl. The saw is cheaper, and its dust collection is efficient, which would save us a lot of time cleaning up afterward.