Shop Fox W1837 vs Grizzly G0771Z, how can you tell which one is of greater value? Which one best fits your budget? No worries, this article is going to fill you in on the properties, pros, and cons of each product. And in the meantime, be sure to take some good notes.
Differences Between Shop Fox W1837 vs Grizzly G0771Z
Whether you’re a carpenter, a craftsman, or a lumberjack who deals with woodworking on a regular basis, a well-functioned table saw is always your big buddy.
Now let’s take a closer look at the Shop Fox W1837 and the Grizzly G0771Z to find out why.
Both the Shop Fox W1837 and the Grizzly G0771Z fall into the category of a hybrid table saw, which is the combination of the contractor and cabinet table saw.
In other words, they can serve valuable 2-in-1 functions of heavy cast-iron trunnions plus powerful motor in the cabinet saws and at the same time have the convenient lightweight design of its contractor counterpart.
In fact, these woodworking machines might first seem to strike you as hefty and heavy beasts. Yet, the Shop Fox W1837 is equipped with the distinct kickstand and wheelbase underneath, which allows the operator to haul them back and forth his home shops.
However, the Grizzly G0771Z is not sold with a built-in mobile base.
In reality, these two guys have been dubbed two of the most trustworthy table saws under $1000 for quite a while. Concerning their greatly coordinated designs and working efficiency, they’re just too good to be sold at such a reasonable price.
Here is our quick summary of their specifications:
You can see that they do share a lot of similar specifications, which we’ll break down little by little.
Both the W1837 and the G0771Z run on a two-horsepower motor system and can be wired to both the 120-volt and 240-volt circuits as a special feature of hybrid table saws. This means they can draw to sockets anywhere between 18 to 24 amps easily.
Also, these buddies are fitted with a 4-inch dust port below to keep your workshop spotlessly clean of any scattered wood chips during your work sessions.
Thanks to the adjustable blades which can be adjusted up to 45° to the left, the blades now can send a quick-release, deep and precise rip onto the plywood. Hence, with the W1837 and the G0771Z, cutting beveled edges, chamfers and compound miters is as effortless as ever.
Speaking of safety, the W1837’s got a paddle safety switch and a split blade guard to keep you from any too-close contact with the cutting blades. As for the G0771Z, it also has a safety switch with a removable start key.
Both of these products come with a two-year warranty from the dedicated manufacturer, so be sure to take note of that.
Quick Rundown Of Shop Fox W1837
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Precision ground and polished cast iron table and wings and massive cast iron trunnions
- Quick release riving knife, blade guard and splitter assembly
- Wide span easy glide T-fence system with positive camlock and phenolic face and smooth gliding nylon runners
- Adjustable T-slot miter gauge with anodized fence extension and flip stop
- Convenient portability from workshops to workshops
- Provides a precise cut into plywood
- Quick and easy assemblage
- Well-aligned miter gauge
- Can be used for years
- The start button requires a certain amount of force to kick-off
- Does not work well on thick pieces of wood
Quick Rundown Of Grizzly G0771Z
- Motor: 3HP, 240V, single-phase, 14A, 3450 RPM
- Solid cast iron table is first heat treated for strength then milled perfectly flat and ground to a mirror like finish
- Table has T slots so your miter gauge will not fall off the table when retracted
- Easy and straightforward assembly (under an hour)
- Has an accurate dial indicator
- Has holes to attach another router table to
- Rigid locking and customizable T-shaped fence
- Does not have a mobile wheelbase
- Does not work effectively on the thick oak
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
We assume you’ve had the slightest ideas of what you’re about to purchase, haven’t you? Because we have. We would say the Shop Fox W1837 is our last answer, for their convenient mobility and user-friendly designs to hobbyists like us.
However, it’s up to you to decide between the Shop Fox W1837 vs Grizzly G0771Z. Choose smart!