Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the iRobot Roomba 675 and the iRobot Roomba E5.
But before checking out explanations regarding their design, cleaning performance, battery, and feature, here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 robot vacuums:
iRobot Roomba 675 measures 13.4 x 13.4 x 3.54 inches and weighs 6.77 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba E5 measures 13.45 x 13.39 x 3.65 inches and weighs 7.23 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 600 Pa, Roomba 675 has a noise level of 62 dba. The Roomba E5 has a suction power of 1700 Pa and a noise level of 65 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
Both have a cleaning area of 150 m2.
Thanks to the 18 mm climbing ability, iRobot Roomba E5 of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm). The Roomba 675 has a climbing ability of 16 mm.
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba 675 and Roomba E5 both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba E5 can hold a little more dirt than the Roomba 675, which has a capacity of 350 ml
iRobot Roomba 675 and Roomba E5 cannot automatically remove dirt in the dustbin, it will stop cleaning and notify you when the trash needs to empty.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Neither robot vacuum can recognize carpets to switch the suction power to match certain carpet types.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum.
Both use Lithium-Ion batteries with a capacity of 1800 mAh, operating time 90 minutes, and taking 120 minutes to fully charge
If both robot vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock but when fully charged it will not be able to return to where it left off. Is not suitable for large houses.
The Roomba 675 and Roomba E5 cannot map the layout of your home.
Both only have basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba 675 and Roomba E5 does not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone
If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba 675
- CLEAN SMARTER - The 600 series is a great way to begin cleaning your home smarter. Just schedule it to clean up daily dirt, dust, and debris with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant. - for effortlessly clean floors.
- LOOSENS, LIFTS, & SUCTIONS - The 3 Stage Cleaning system & Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from carpets & hard floors, an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners & edges.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant & Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under & around furniture, & along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- SENSES & ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, & cleans them more thoroughly.
Low noise level[/i2pros][i2cons]Weak suction power.
Small trash can capacity[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba E5
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 5X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog dander allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, and cleans them more thoroughly.
Strong suction power.[/i2pros][i2cons]High noise.