Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the iRobot Roomba i4 and the iRobot Roomba E5.
But before checking out explanations regarding their design, cleaning performance, battery, and feature, here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 robot vacuums:
iRobot Roomba i4 measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 12 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba E5 measures 13.45 x 13.39 x 3.65 inches and weighs 8.6 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 1800 Pa, Roomba i4 has a noise level of 68 dba. The Roomba E5 has a suction power of 1700 Pa and a noise level of 65 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, iRobot Roomba i4 of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm). The Roomba E5 has a climbing ability of 18 mm.
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i4 and Roomba E5 both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba E5 can hold a little more dirt than the Roomba i4, which has a capacity of 400 ml.
iRobot Roomba i4 and Roomba E5 cannot automatically remove dirt in the dustbin, it will stop cleaning and notify you when the trash needs to empty.
The Roomba i4 has been designed to work with iRobot’s Auto Clean Base® technology. But then it doesn’t come with the Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Handler, so you’ll have to buy it separately.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Roomba i4 has a sensor that can recognize carpets. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum. Imprint Link Technology allows Roomba i4 & Braava jet m6 robots to automatically clean in sequence – vacuuming & then mopping.
With 2210 mAh Lithium-Ion, Roomba i4 can operate for about 100 minutes and takes 120 minutes to charge. Roomba E5 uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 1800 mAh that can work for about 90 minutes and takes 120 minutes to fully charge.
If both robot vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock but when fully charged only Roomba i4 can return to where it left off to continue cleaning. clean. Roomba E5 doesn’t, so it’s not suitable for large houses
The Roomba E5 cannot map the layout of your home. Roomba i4 uses an iAdapt 2.0 navigation technology to map your home layout
Roomba i4 cannot store maps in memory.
Both only have basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba i4 and Roomba E5 does not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone
If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i4
- 20% LARGER BATTERY – Larger battery for extended runtime. Compared to other Roomba i series Robot Vacuums
- EMPTIES ITS VACUUM BIN, SO CLEANING IS OFF YOUR MIND - Cleans up after itself, emptying its Vacuum Bin into an enclosed bag that holds up to 60 days of debris, which means two whole months of not thinking about vacuuming.
- CLEANS THE ROOMS YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT - iRobot OS learns and personalizes your cleaning with Imprint Smart Mapping technology so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment.
- SWEEPS UP DUST, DIRT AND DEBRIS WITH EASE - Experience a comprehensive clean with the powerful 3-Stage Cleaning System that pulls in dirt, debris, and pet hair from wherever it hides.
- PRECISION CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When it needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba E5
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 5X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust & flex to stay in constant contact with carpets & hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat & dog allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant & Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under & around furniture, & along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- SENSES & ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, & cleans them more thoroughly.