Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Makita 9031 and 9032
Difference between Makita 9031 and 9032
When we are in the store for a belt sander, we always pay attention to the ergonomic product first as we have to utilize this tool for a long period of time.
Luckily, these two models are somewhat lightweight, which might be beyond your expectations. Specifically, Makita 9031 weighs around 4.6 pounds and measures 5.89 x 2.63 x 1.39 inches in dimensions. Meanwhile, its counterpart is in close call with 3.52 pounds of weight and 16.54 x 3.07 x 6.22 inches of sizes.
As such, the crown goes to the 9032 unit, which helps you hold the machine throughout its operation without breaking a sweat.
Moreover, there is still a significant gap when it comes to motor power.
If you go for the 9031 belt sander, you will experience a 5 Amp engine along with a speed range of 656 to 3280 ft/min. As for its opponent, its motor is powered by a 4.4 Amp combining with a variable speed control of 980 to 5600 ft/min.
It can be concluded that both these tools are on the same equal. While the Makita 9031 packs a great punch, the other one allows for high versatility of speed. That’s why we hardly announce the winner here.
But there is one thing we can assure you that both of them guarantee superior performance.
Here are the distinguished points of Makita 9031 vs 9032.
Let’s talk about Makita 9031 first. What catches your attention most might be its ease of use.
Whether you are a newbie or a professional user, it is not a big deal to use this machine in irregular shapes. It is all thanks to a narrow belt and exposed front pulley. Besides, this tool can operate comfortably because of the multi-position side handle.
Most importantly, keep in mind that the 9031 sanders can go with you for a long time since its manufacturer has designed a ball and needle bearing construction. It saves your money and ensures smooth operation as a result.
A whole package of Makita 9031 will include 10 abrasive belts.
Regarding Makita 9032, the first thing to be mentioned is its versatility with an adjustable sanding arm, which can pivot up to 100 degrees. Therefore, you can easily put your sander in hard-to-reach areas.
For increased flexibility, this device is also equipped with three-different size arm assemblies and belts.
What is more, the 9032 model assists you in handling everything at a fast pace with the help of a large belt of 21 inches. At the same time, it is a piece of cake to adjust the belt tracking with only a knob turn.
When you go for Makita 9032, you will get two abrasive belts and an arm assembly.
Quick Rundown Of Makita 9031
- Versatile for use on wood, metal, and fiberglass materials
- Ideal for woodworkers, artists, glaziers, welders, prefinished cabinet installers, and finish carpenters
- Narrow belt and exposed front pulley for use in close quarters or on irregular shapes
- Variable speed control dial (656-3,280 ft./min.) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
Quick Rundown Of Makita 9032
- Versatile for use on both wood and steel materials
- Ideal for woodworkers, artists, sculptors, door hangers and handymen.
- Variable speed control dial (980 - 5,600 ft./min.) to match the speed to the application
- Adjustable sanding arm pivots up to 100° for access to hard-to-reach areas
- Large 21" belt length produces 4-5/16" maximum sanding length for faster work
Indeed, the battle of Makita 9031 vs 9032 has come to an end. Have you made up your mind yet? From our perspective, we would like to choose Makita 9032 due to the balance of design, speed, and comfort.