Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Makita XVJ02Z and XVJ03Z
Difference between Makita XVJ02Z and XVJ03Z
Makita XVJ02Z features 9 x 11 x 4 inches in size and 4.89 pounds in weight. On the contrary, its brother, Makita XVJ03Z has a dimension of 3.6 x 12.3 x 9.1 inches and weighs 5.73 pounds.
As you can see from the dimension and the weight, the first jigsaw, XVJ02Z, is the winner in the convenience, which means XVJ02Z is lighter and more compact than XVJ03Z for portability.
Makita XVJ02Z and XVJ03Z possess the maximum wood cutting capacity at 90 degrees with 5-5 / 16 inches. With teel, they are similar in the maximum cutting capacity at 90 degrees with 3/8 inches. And, their maximum cutting capacity at 90 degrees in aluminum is 25/32 inches.
Also, the length of stroke of XVJ02Z is 1 inch at 0 – 2,600 strokes per minute (SPM) for faster and more efficient cutting while XVJ03Z’s variable 6-speed control dial is 1 inch at 800 – 3,500SPM, which allows users to match the speed of the application.
Plus, both XVJ02Z and XVJ03Z own 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting with a power supply of 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion with electronically-controlled efficient BL Brushless motor to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run-time per charge. This means Makita technology supplies category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time for charging.
They also equip users with a “Tool-less” blade change system, which permits faster blade fitting and replacement for increasing productivity.
Moreover, both cordless jigsaws are packed with base bevels and locks, which can adjust to 45° right or left and positive stop at 90° for firm cutting practice and more precise bevel cuts.
In general, despite some similarities, Makita XVJ03Z overweighs its counterpart, Makita XVJ02Z, in the variable speed motor for fast and efficient cutting.
Although Makita XVJ02Z vs Makita XVJ03Z share some similar specs, they hold features that make them distinctive.
The first jigsaw, XVJ03Z, is premium with a built-in LED light, which illuminates the cutting length to enhance the cuts’ accuracy.
The highlight of its brother, XVJ02Z, is the BL Brushless Motor. This kind of motor helps eliminate carbon hedges and enable the BL Motor to operate cooler and exceed efficiently for more permanent life. Also, BL Brushless Motor uses energy to balance torque and SPM to the developing requirements of the utilization.
Quick Rundown Of Makita XVJ02Z
- Makita-built brushless motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- Variable 6-speed control dial (800-3,500 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
Quick Rundown Of Makita XVJ03Z
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2, 600 strokes per minute for fast and efficient cutting
- 3 Orbital settings plus straight cutting for use in a wide range of materials
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
After reading carefully Makita XVJ02Zvs XVJ03Z comparison, have you decided which jigsaw is better for you? I would say that the winner in the battle is up to you. It depends on your preference and purposes.
For those who like a compact and lightweight jigsaw, they must go with Makita XVJ02Z. For professional woodworkers, they would prefer the Makita XVJ03Z because of its outstanding BL brushless motor.