Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Milwaukee 2630-20 and 2730-20
Difference between Milwaukee 2630-20 and 2730-20
The technical summary sheet for Milwaukee 2630-20 and 2730-20
The Milwaukee 2630-20 and 2730-20 are relatively similar in weight, closely 7 pounds. Yet Milwaukee 2730-20 is more compact. Its dimensions are 6.5 x 13 x 7.5 inches compared to Milwaukee 2630-20’s 8 x 12.2 x 10 inches. Regardless of being lightweight, they are extremely durable. Both feature the magnesium lower and upper guards.
The shoe of 2730-20 is also made from magnesium, while its brother only uses aircraft aluminum. This doesn’t increase the weight; on the contrary, it extends the lifespan of 2730-20 further and improves durability.
Another winning point of Milwaukee 2730-20 over Milwaukee 2630-20 is the LED light and a rafter hook. Unexpectedly, the light works. It assists users and adds visibility to a dire situation. The hook, which can be folded when it isn’t needed, allows the rig belt to be attached. Quite convenient, right?
Obviously, Milwaukee 2730-20 wins when it comes to convenience.
Coming from the M18 FUEL power tool, Milwaukee 2730-20 hosts a brushless, 5000 RPM motor. It has enough torque to pierce through numerous types of material. Milwaukee 2630-20, on the other hand, possesses a brush engine of speed up to 3500 rotations per minute.
In terms of cut depth and bevel, both can tilt up to 50 degrees and can make 1.6 inches cut at 45 degrees angle. This is because they feature the same 6-1/2 inches diameter blade. Yet, due to having a high-power motor, Milwaukee 2730-20 can cut more efficiently.
In terms of power, Milwaukee 2730-20 one, Milwaukee 2630-20 zero.
The battery is where both units shine. They can utilize several M18 battery packs from Milwaukee and third-party manufacturers like ARyee. Yet again, having a brushless engine means Milwaukee 2730-20 can make more cuts than Milwaukee 2630-20 assuming they consume the same energy amount.
Here we see a winning point of Milwaukee 2630-20. It is the presence of an electric brake. The perk of the electric brake is that there is no need to wait for the blade to slow down, as it’ll stop almost immediately. Job downtime would no longer be a problem.
However, it can’t beat Milwaukee’s REDLINK intelligent system of its younger brother. Milwaukee 2730-20 which owns this innovative feature, has optimized the performance and delivered protection from overheating, over-discharging, and overloading.
Compared to the electric brake, the intelligent innovation on 2730-20 is appreciated more.
Quick Rundown Of Milwaukee 2630-20
- ELECTRONIC BRAKES will stop your blade quickly when you’re finished with your cut. You won’t need to waste time waiting around for the blade to slow down, so you can get back to work quickly
- SOFT GRIP HANDLE provides maximum comfort so you can work with precision in slippery environments
- BEVEL AND DEPTH ADJUSTMENT: You can adjust the depth up to 1 1/2" and the bevel up to 45 degrees, giving you a huge degree of versatility in your cuts
- MAGNESIUM GUARDS on the top and bottom of the blade well keep the unit protected from impacts like bumps and drops of several feet. This will allow you to work confident in the safety of your tool and yourself
- M18 COMPATIBLE: This cordless circular saw is compatible with Milwaukee M18 18 Volt Lithium Ion batteries. Compatible models include the 48-11-1860, 48-11-1850, 48-11-1828, 48-11-1815, 48-11-1840, and 48-11-1820
Quick Rundown Of Milwaukee 2730-20
- M18 Fuel 6 1/2 Circular Saw Bare
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: The advanced electronic system maximizes performance
- The product is highly durable
Regardless of what is said above, both Milwaukee 2630-20 vs 2730-20 are reliable circular saws. I prefer the younger brother, Milwaukee 2730-10, as it features more power and convenience.
If you prioritize safety, then Milwaukee 2630-20 with an electric stop is the one for you. Its motor is enough for most tasks, and the ergonomics is great with the soft handle. Unless you’re ready to trade more cash for extra value, then go with Milwaukee 2730-20 like me.