Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the ProForm Carbon T7 and the Horizon Fitness T101.
But before checking out explanations regarding their specs and features here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 treadmills:
When it comes to purchasing, pricing is the number one requirement. In this category, the Horizon t101 surpasses the Proform carbon t7 by a much cheaper price. In detail, Horizon t101’s selling cost is over 900$, while the Proform carbon t7 is approximately 1000$, about 63$ more.
Pricing might be approximate but let’s see how much weight these two can handle. The Horizon t101 can withstand 300 LBS (300 pounds) and so does the Proform carbon t7. So the Proform hasn’t regained its balance in this battle.
On preset workout exercises, Horizon t101 provides a set of 9 built-in workouts with 30 programs that will check the time, distance, calorie targets, manual, interval, and weight-loss workouts. Similarly, the Proform carbon t7 offers 30 preset workout apps to customize.
Both trainers arrive at about 0.7 inches in terms of deck thickness, which is strong enough to carry a human’s weight. In regards to engines, Proform is equipped with a 2.75 CHP motor while the opponent’s engine is 2.5 HP, much stronger than its rival.
Next, the inclines of both are the same, about 0-12%. This incline helps your workouts become more efficient and burning. Moreover, Horizon t101 speed capacity is 10 MPH, while the Proform is at 12 MPH.
The Horizon t101 has a heart rate checker with a dual-grip monitoring system, meaning you can have a personal trainer for your pulse. Meanwhile, the Proform carbon t7 enables an EKG Grip Pulse to track your heart rate.
Now it comes to the sizing and folding. The Horizon t101’s overall dimension is 73 x 29.5 x 12 inches, weighs 180 pounds, and can be very Portable since it can be easily folded to store and transport. In contrast, Proform carbon t7 size is 77 x 32 x 12 inches, weighs 212 pounds, and its SpaceSaver design lets us fold and store incredibly simply.
The two carry the same running size: 20’’x55″, which is a tremendous enhancement on the previous product with a 17×45 running area. But it’s not large enough for hardcore gymers.
Although both have built-in workouts, their programs are different. Proform carbon t7 uses iFit training; when exercising, it is like having a personal trainer. This unique training feature is great for staying motivated and making progress.
Meanwhile, Horizon t101, as mentioned above, has nine challenging built-in workouts.
Both are provided with touching screens. The Horizon consoles are user-friendly and good-looking, with three data windows, red LED lighting, and a cooling fan. In contrast, the Proform has a built-in 7″ Smart HD touchscreen, so there is no need to bring your tablet for training.
On the audio, Horizon’s updated Bluetooth speaker system allows you to listen to podcasts and stream music while exercising. The Carbon is equipped with a set of 2-inch speakers and an auxiliary audio port; therefore, you can choose your favorite workout playlists through a smartphone.
The Horizon T101 offers a respectable warranty in its price range, a lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, and one year on parts and labor. This is such a good deal for a treadmill with its price tag.
Besides, The Proform Carbon T7 owns a fairly good warranty considering the machine is free. This includes a 10-year frame warranty, a 2-year parts warranty, and one year of labor coverage.
Quick Rundown Of ProForm Carbon T7
- Balanced Nonflex Rollers
- Incline-matching Technology
- EKG Grip Pulse Tracks Your Heart Rate
- 30 Preset Workout Apps Allow You To Customize Your Workout
A built-in 7″ Smart HD touchscreen
a set of 2-inch speakers and an auxiliary audio port for audio
Quiet motor: the 2.75 CHP motor is quiet when in use[/i2pros][i2cons]Weak Motor: Although the 2.75 CHP motor is quiet and long-lasting, it is quite weak for advanced runners. This is a sacrifice for a folding, compact design.
Labor Warranty: this labor warranty is still pretty short for our liking.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Horizon Fitness T101
- BEST-SELLING & MOST-RELIABLE: Horizon's most-awarded treadmill with simple, intuitive controls and durable components. Get started with an exercise routine or train for your next event in the comfort of your home. Easy set-up in 30 minutes.
- COMPACT, FOLDABLE TREADMILL: Effortlessly store this folding treadmill between workouts with a one-step hydraulic folding system. Assembled dimensions are 70" x 34" x 55".
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: Sync your phone or device to integrated speakers to stream media with crisp stereo sound. A built-in device holder keeps your screen in view for entertainment or classes. Includes rapid-charge USB port to keep you powered.
- RESPONSIVE: A 20 x 55-inch deck with responsive, 3-zone cushioned deck so you can work out longer, with less fatigue and more comfort. Horizon treadmills provide responsive cushioning, for ideal flex and support for runners, joggers, and walkers.
- DURABLE MOTOR: Powered by a Johnson Drive System, the T101 stays in perfect rhythm with a durable, innovative system that recalibrates with each footfall so you never feel lags or surges.
Nine built-in workout programming options.
Finance: granting 6, 12, 18, or 24-month 0% APR plans to help pay for your treadmill gradually.
Folding design[/i2pros][i2cons]Short track: the running area is not long enough for tall exercisers.
Motor: The T101’s 2.5 HP motor is only suitable for walking and jogging, not for hardcore runners[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Between the Proform carbon t7 vs horizon t101, it is clear that the Horizon t101 is the better choice in almost all aspects, from the power, size, features, to elements.