Below I will compare the power, portability, and features of the Ridgid R8653 and R8652
Difference between Ridgid R8653 and R8652
The technical summary sheet for Ridgid R8653 and R8652
What you need to check first while buying a machine is its design. It is ideal for picking up a lightweight model helping you grip the saw with less fatigue for a long time. And both Ridgid R8652 vs R8652 is more than enough not to let you down.
Specifically, the R8653 weighs about 10.1 pounds, and its sizes are 15.32 x 9.13 x 8.98 inches. On the contrary, its opponent has a weight of 8.5 pounds, making it lighter and more portable in the work area. Of course, this R8652 saw will be the winner in terms of portability.
When it comes to motor power, there is a slight difference between them. They all share the 18V lithium-ion engine in common, and we bet that the robustness will incredibly amaze you with their robustness.
However, Ridgid R8653 pushes out up to 3.800 RPM at no-load speed, which is 100 RPM higher than its opponent. You should appreciate this powerful motor and acceptable speed, which incredibly suits for almost all of the woodworking applications.
First and foremost, both R8653 vs R8652 devices feature the effortless bevel adjustment from 0 to 56 degrees. Thus, you can make more slanted cuts at optional angles up to 56 degrees instead of cutting simple straight planks.
Plus, it is worth mentioning the depth adjustment as well. You need to loosen the onboard knob and then modify the depth of cuts in the blade range of 7 1/4 inches.
No doubt, the combination of bevel and depth regulation contributes significantly to cutting precision as your desire.
But what happens if you have to work in poor lighting conditions? Well, do not worry too much as these two circular saws come with a built-in LED light to illuminate the work area. That’s why you can make the most of them even at night.
Besides, you can improve visibility while cutting thanks to a dust blower, keeping dust away from the path. As such, it is a piece of cake to see the direction and cut the perfectly precise lines without distraction.
The notable dissimilarity here is that Ridgid R8652 is equipped with a brushed motor, while the other one has a brushless one. Of course, you can benefit from the brushless machine more as it provides longer runtime and lifetime.
Furthermore, you can notice that the design of their handles is quite different.
In more detail, Ridgid R8652 has an additional handgrip that is located in front of the saw for better stability during cutting. However, the R8653 model is only equipped with a rubberized grip to avoid slippery conditions.
Quick Rundown Of Ridgid R8653
- DEPTH AND 56 DEGREE BEVEL ADJUSTMENT: Cut at choice angles and reduce kickback by positioning the...
- LINE OF SIGHT BLOWER: A blower on the side of the tool keeps dust and debris away from the saw. This...
- MICRO TEXTURE GRIP: The rubberized grip on the handle allows you improved handling, even in slippery...
- LED LIGHTING: Working in sub-optimal lighting conditions is simple with the help of the LED light...
- COMPATIBLE BATTERY MODELS INCLUDE: AC840089 (5 Amp Hour), AC840087 (4 Amp Hour), AC840086 (2 Amp...
Quick Rundown Of Ridgid R8652
- EASY HANDLING: The main handle is comfortable for nearly any sized hand. There is an additional...
- EASY DEPTH ADJUSTMENT: Simply unscrew the onboard knob to adjust the depth of cuts suited for a 7...
- EASY BEVEL ADJUSTMENTS: Another knob is located on the side which you can loosen to adjust the...
- STAY CLEAR FROM DEBRIS: A dust blower attached to the tool clears your path so you can see the...
- LED LIGHTING turns on as you activate the circular saw, allowing you to see your work in poor...
Can you decide on which tool between Ridgid R8653 vs R8652 after consulting our comparison above? Hopefully, the answer is yes.
In our opinion, Ridgid R8653 still catches our attention more. But it is okay if you might think differently. You will surely find out the one meeting your demands at last.