Wen is a world-renowned company that designs and manufactures high-quality power tools. Founded in 1951, Wen has proven its status with powerful products such as saws and electric engraving machines and gained affection from millions of users worldwide.
Wen’s wood saws are also appreciated. In this article, we will compare Wen 3420 vs 3421 vs 3420t. Let’s read this article together!
1. WEN 3420 Benchtop Wood Lathe
Wen 3420 has a structure of monolithic cast iron with high durability. This device can be placed on a bench for more convenience at work. Besides, it has dimensions of 26 inches x 10 x 12 and a weight of 44 lbs.
Overall, this is a compact, small-sized device suitable for DIY tasks or small-scale projects. It also goes with the 8-inch rotating working area on the top of the machine and the movable dock made of wood, with 12-inch clearance.
Wen 3420 provides a powerful energy source to handle woodworking jobs more quickly. The machine’s capacity is up to 1/3 of the horsepower in the engine size of a 2 amp.
Adjustable speed control: The carpenter can control the Wen 3420’s engine. It has two types of speeds: fixed speed and variable speed for better accuracy. Moreover, the speed control is also solidly built. So it can be stable when you are working at high intensity.
Spindle and versatile: The Wen 3420 model comes with flexible motors, allowing users to adjust, and an MT1 spindle and tailstock.
- Adjust the variable speed anywhere from 750 to 3200 rotations per minute
- Includes 5-inch faceplate for turning bowls, cups and other non-spindle workpieces
- Attack workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- Soft start motor maximizes safety and helps protect the machine from damage
- Features a 2A motor, a MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, two interchangeable work rests and a two-year warranty
2. WEN 3421 Benchtop Wood Lathe
The WEN 3421 measures 28 inches x 13.2 x 7.3 and weighs about 44.9 pounds, making it a relatively small, compact machine.
The wood saw comes with an 8 inches x 12 desktop wood lathe with an MT1 axis, tapered tail, and two 2 inches and 7 inches tool holders.
The Wen 3421 provides a large amount of power for machines with up to 50% capacity for the engine of 3.2 amp.
Change speed: The Wenling 3421 offers several speed changes for even greater accuracy and precision. Starting at 750 RPM and operating at full capacity up to 3,200 RPM, the cameraman can get the exact spin speed they want for any job they can think of.
Soft start engine: One of the safety features implemented on the Wen 3421 Lathe is the soft-start motor. For inexperienced people, it might be startling to start the engine at full speed. Soft start allows for a slow start and a greater degree of comfort.
- Perfect for pens, bowls, cups, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- 3.2-Amp motor provides over 50% more power than most 8-inch wood lathes
- Adjust the soft start variable speed motor anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
- Features a 2.3-Inch face plate, an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, and two interchangeable tool rests
3. WEN 3424T Benchtop Wood Lathe
The WEN 3420t measures 26 inches x 10 x 12 and weighs about 41 lbs, making it one of the most compact and lightweight wood saws on the market.
The 3420t model also has a convenient exterior design that reduces wood dust. Furthermore, as made of steel and cast iron monolithic and coated with quality paint, the machine has high durability and certainty.
The Wen 3420t supplies a large amount of power to run high-powered machines with a 2 amp engine size.
The device includes a flat wrench, center clamp spindle, cup center with a pin, cups, an impact bar, 5” faceplate for turning bowls, and some non-spindle workpieces.
Speed adjustment: The variable speed lets you move from 750 to 3200 RPM. It has a slow-start engine for greater safety and less engine wear. You will not experience sudden shocks.
Movable Dock: An adjustable dock that allows you to work with wood up to 12 inches long.
- Attack work pieces up to 18 inches long and 12 inches wide
- Switch between five different speeds: 520, 900, 1400, 2150, or 3400 RPM
- Includes 3-1/8 inch Faceplate for turning bowls, cups and other non-spindle work pieces
- MT2 tailstock and headstock tapers allow for compatibility with a wide variety of Lathe Accessories
- Features a 4. 5A motor, an MT2 headstock spur center, an MT2 tailstock live center, an 8-inch tool rest, and an on-board accessory holder
Wen 3420, 3421, and 3420T: Which One’s Best?
Among Wen 3420 vs 3421 vs 3420t, which one should you choose?
In terms of design, all three machines above are sturdy and highly durable. But if you need a small machine for simple DIY tasks, you can choose the Wen 3420.
Regarding the machine’s power, all three machines have large power, but Wen 3421 is the strongest.
In the end, Wen 3420 and Wen 3420t share some similarities in features, but the Wen 3420 is better. Three types of Wen can be used for small projects, so to choose the best Wen depends on your preference and working purposes.
Below is a summary of the specifications
Therefore, the article has given you information about Wen 3420 vs 3421 vs 3420t as well as their pros and cons. You can rely on that to choose a type that fits your needs. We hope you succeed in getting a machine you like. Thank you for reading our article!