Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Xterra Fitness TR150 and the Horizon Fitness T101.
Budget is the first aspect to encounter when considering purchasing any products. Let’s look at their price tags. The XTERRA Fitness TR150 will cost quite a bigger budget than the Horizon Fitness T101.
As a result, the Horizon can impressively bear up to 300 lbs, while the Xterra’s capacity is smaller at around 250 lbs.
The Horizon generously offers 30 training programs with time, distance, and calorie targets as well as manual, interval, and weight-loss attributes. Outweigh the XTERRA Fitness TR150 with 12 workouts with no additional attributes.
Powering these programs on the Horizon is the robust 2.5 HP (DC) motor running at low RPM with noise reduction and efficiency stimulation. Such a sturdy engine reinforces its position since the Xterra TR150’s engine only generates 2.25 HP and doesn’t have these useful features.
You can adjust the incline degree to 0.5, 1, or 1.5 on the Xterra to increase their workouts’ levels. If you want intense exercises, the T101 steel model with the 10% inclination settings will help.
Are those challenges still lame to you? Try changing their speed that both range from 0.5mph to 10mph for more challenges.
In addition to those features, a nice running surface will elevate your experience. We witness a tie in this aspect where the Horizon T101’s deck measures 0.7 inches, slightly thicker than the Xterra’s, with approximately 0.6 inches.
Supporting Horizon’s deck is the 3-zone Variable Response Cushioning System and the XTRASoft deck cushioning technology on the Xterra. These advanced elements will minimize impacts on the user’s joints.
However, the Horizon would provide a better experience thanks to its larger running space of 20” wide and 55” long, compared to 16” wide and 50” long of the Xterra.
Furthermore, to assure your safety, they apply heart rate monitor handlebars on the T101 and the Hand Pulse Sensors on the TR150 for you to track heart rate while exercising.
Other than heart rate, maintaining stable breathing can considerably bring about notable assistance. Therefore, the T101 includes a built-in cooling fan to aid runners during training.
It’s time to get back to their dimensions that will decide whether you can take it home or not. Scoring the first point, the Xterra has a smaller unfolded dimension of 63.4’’ long, 28.75’’ wide, and 51.4’’ high, compared to the Horizon’s unfolded dimension of 73’’ in length, 29.5’’ in width, and 55’’ in height. Weighing 180 pounds makes it bulkier than the TR150 which measures 114.4 pounds.
The good news for you is that these models are foldable for saving home space. The Xterra and Horizon’s folded dimensions are 28.5’’ x 28.75’’ x 61’’ and 46” x 34” x 61”.
In terms of the console system, both the Xterra and the Horizon have nine to ten direct speed buttons to reduce distractions on the runs.
Because the T101’s cooling fan has one speed and no direction changing, it doesn’t grant any settings here.
Then what about changing the incline levels? While our T101 attaches the inclination system on its screen, the TR150 model owns a manual one. That means you can’t change it without stepping out of your machine, creating disruptions to users’ training programs.
All the adjusting buttons above are available on Horizon’s 3” LCD screen with LED lights. Although Xterra’s console is bigger at 5″, it doesn’t have any backlit supporting viewing in dark places.
Their consoles also display updated information on your running progress, incline, distance, and heart rate. Nevertheless, it can read the pulse and calories when you grip the handrail’s sensors.
Quite enough talking about functions, let’s see what great utility there is. The Horizon brand equips its model with Bluetooth connectivity and built-in speakers capable of streaming content and even syncing with workout programs on your device to integrate into this advanced era. This aspect alone disregards the TR150 efforts in winning this game.
The Horizon continues to score with a USB fast charging port, enabling you to extend training time without running out of battery.
You can even put your device on the device holder of both models. They even have a water bottle holder and a table track. How convenient is that!
Gaining the upper hand in this sector, the Horizon Fitness T101 covers a lifetime warranty on both frame and motor and a one-year guarantee on parts and labor.
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 modestly offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, one year for the motor, and 90 days for other parts and labor. To make up for it, the Xterra brand has hotlines available for you to troubleshoot errors on your own.
Quick Rundown Of Xterra Fitness TR150
- Large 16" X 50" Walking/Running Surface Accommodates Users Of Many Sizes And Stride Lengths.110V Cord/Outlet Power Source. LCD Silver / Not Backlit Display.
- Intuitive 5" Lcd Display Is Easy To Read And Keeps You Updated On Speed, Incline, Time, Distance, Calories And Pulse
- 12 Preset Programs And 3 Manual Incline Settings Offer Unmatched Variety For Your Workouts
- Easy Pull Knob Releases The Deck To Fold Or Unfold For Convenient Storage When Not In Use
Low power consumption
Lighter and smaller[/i2pros][i2cons]Manual incline settings
No Bluetooth or charging ports[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Horizon Fitness T101
- BEST-SELLING & MOST-RELIABLE: Horizon's most-awarded treadmill with simple, intuitive controls and durable components. Get started with an exercise routine or train for your next event in the comfort of your home. Easy set-up in 30 minutes.
- COMPACT, FOLDABLE TREADMILL: Effortlessly store this folding treadmill between workouts with a one-step hydraulic folding system. Assembled dimensions are 70" x 34" x 55".
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: Sync your phone or device to integrated speakers to stream media with crisp stereo sound. A built-in device holder keeps your screen in view for entertainment or classes. Includes rapid-charge USB port to keep you powered.
- RESPONSIVE: A 20 x 55-inch deck with responsive, 3-zone cushioned deck so you can work out longer, with less fatigue and more comfort. Horizon treadmills provide responsive cushioning, for ideal flex and support for runners, joggers, and walkers.
- DURABLE MOTOR: Powered by a Johnson Drive System, the T101 stays in perfect rhythm with a durable, innovative system that recalibrates with each footfall so you never feel lags or surges.
Easy storing and delivering
Convenient quick speed and incline control[/i2pros][i2cons]Unadvanced screen
After considering many aspects between the Xterra Fitness TR150 vs Horizon Fitness T101, it’s obvious that Horizon won the battle. The T101 model proved itself a more advanced model with practical functions to effectively support users during training. We believe that the Horizon Fitness T101 can satisfy your needs and objects at such a reasonable price.