Bosch is undeniably a well-known manufacturer in the router industry with its series of high-quality products. Bosch MRC23EVSK vs 1617EVSPK are among the sought-after machines that will catch your attention at first sight.
If you are confused between these two options, do not hesitate to give our comparison a check! Let’s get started!
Difference between Bosch MRC23EVSK and 1617EVSPK
It is worth mentioning that Bosch MRC23EVSK and 1617EVSPK are quite the same in terms of power.
To be more specific, the MRC23EVSK router is equipped with a mighty motor of 2.3 HP and 15 Amp and a variable speed range of 10000 to 25000 RPM. As such, you can easily undertake almost all tough routing tasks.
And its opponent is less impressive with a 2.25 HP and 12 Amp engine. However, it produces a wider adjustable speed dial between 8000 to 25000 RPM, which helps you set the optimal speed for each particular project.
For this reason, we cannot appoint the winner title in this regard.
When it comes to design, we have to emphasize that there is a significant difference here.
Bosch MRC23EVSK is quite heavy and bulky, with 26.8 pounds of weight and 22.7 x 15.25 x 9.75 inches of dimensions. On the other hand, the 1617EVSPK unit weighs only 18.2 pounds and measures 6 x 11.5 x 11.6 inches in size.
As a result, you are able to hold and move the latter around your working space without breaking a sweat.
Coming from the same brand, these two Bosch routers share many features in common.
For example, they have been designed with a fixed base, including threaded holes in order to mount to router tables in a common three-hole pattern. It contributes greatly to the extra stability that you will love, we bet.
These tools also deliver you more protection and battery handling to cut wood smoothly thanks to a soft-start function. Especially, microfine bit-depth adjustment on the base includes accurate and fast changes as well.
Most importantly, the MRC23EVSK unit will satisfy you with its always-on dual LED lighting. From now on, rest assured that you can clearly see the cutting line and bit area for improved accuracy.
Besides, you will easily control the device with the help of a trigger control system located in the handle.
Buying MRC23EVSK from Bosch, you will receive a plunge base, fixed base, collet chucks, collet nut wrench, shaft wrench, chip shields, and a carrying case.
Of course, the remaining candidate, Bosch 1617EVSPK, is not as bad as you imagine. It comes with a dust-sealed power switch that makes this device more durable to go along with you.
And you will get a fixed base, a plunge base, self-releasing collets, bit wrenches, hex wrench, and a carrying case in a toolbox of the 1617EVSPK unit.
Quick Rundown Of Bosch MRC23EVSK
- PRECISION: trigger-control system located in handle for enhanced control; precision-center design makes it easy to keep bit on cutline
- SPEED: features fast, 2.3 Horsepower, soft start motor; variable speed dials let you set the speed you need for the job
- POWER: power through tough routing tasks with a 15 Amp variable speed motor, 2.3 Horsepower and a variable speed range between 10,000 and 25,000 RPM
- VERSATILE: fixed-base depth adjustment features 1-5/8 in. continuous microfine adjustment range
- COMPATIBILITY: router table compatible with threaded holes make fixed base router table moun
- Has an incredibly robust engine
- Easy to control for higher routing precision
- Improves your visibility
- Bulky and heavy
- Limited speed range
Quick Rundown Of Bosch 1617EVSPK
- VERSATILE: kit can be used for a broad range of applications, including precise bit plunging, edge forming, slot cutting, laminate trimming and dovetail cutting, making it one of the most widely used routers for wood working
- DURABILITY: aluminum construction makes this one of our most durable wood routers yet with wooden handles on a fixed base and a soft grip handle on a plunge base
- EASE OF USE: rounded hardwood handles maximize user control; microfine bit-depth adjustment
- CONVENIENT: with the built-in constant response circuitry, our 1617EVSPK wood router will maintain a constant speed throughout the cut, so you get cleaner, more accurate results
- 12 AMP MOTOR AND ADJUSTABLE SPEED DIAL: user can set the optimal speed (8,000-25,000 RPM) for more or less power
- Portable enough
- Wide adjustable speed settings
- Durable and comfortable
- Lacks power for some toughest tasks
Here is the wrapping up of our comparison between Bosch MRC23EVSK vs 1617EVSPK. Have you made up your mind about choosing which router to serve your needs? We do hope that the answer is yes. If we have to choose, Bosch MRC23EVSK will be our priority as it has many stunning features that function well.