Makita RP2301FC and RP1800 are two high-end power tools with cutting-edge technology to provide smooth and even cut, adjustability, and versatility for woodworking.
The overall specification of both these routers is quite similar. Both are made with the same collector capacities, plunge capacity, and AMPS indicators. However, the rp201fc unit is more outstanding with its new features, emphasizing this powerful tool’s safety and efficiency.
Below we will compare the power, portability, and features of both.
Difference between Makita RP2301FC and RP1800
Makita rp1800 is equipped with a 15 amp motor that can run at 22,000 revolutions per minute (RPM). This power gives a smooth routing and fast action on hardwoods. The reachable plunging depth can get to 2-3/4 inches or nearly 7 centimeters. With this power, it is a handy tool for those that don’t need to route on different materials often.
On the contrary to Makita rp1800, the new model – Makita rp2301fc is a variable speed plunge router with a 15 amp motor. The speed control dial can be adjusted from 9,000 to 22,000RPM effortlessly. This difference helps to enhance the result of the cut and also safety for workers when working on big chunks. It is clear that this router has the upper hand with its power.
Between two models, the manufacturers keep them in Makita’s unique design standard with 12-1/4 height but a slight difference in weight in favor of Makita rp2301fc.
Due to new feature installation, the rp2301fc option weighs 13.4 lbs or 6 kilograms which is 0.2 lbs heavier than the Makita rp1800. For those who like a light tool to hold, Makita rp1800 definitely is an ideal one.
Makita is known for its brilliant additional features, which are constantly evolving to adapt to customer’s needs. Looking back at the Makita rp1800, we can see the features, which make it a most-wanted handy tool for woodworkers.
For a soft and smooth plunging route, it is equipped with oversized ball bearings. For better performance, a quick-release plunge depth adjustment is added with three presets that provide precision when plunging.
When in use, the ergonomic rubberized handle with a built-in large two-finger switch helps workers stabilize the tool from moving up and down often. For continual operation, there is also a lock-on trigger switch.
A built-in fan is also equipped to avoid getting dust inside the tool that lowers its durability. Lastly, the router machine is double insulated to prevent any electricity insulation within it.
As a new model based on Makita rp1800, Makita rp2301fc inherits all of those effective features with a twist of new modern features.
Understanding the customer’s need, this product also adds a new feature, which is built-in twin L.E.D lights for better visibility by providing more light in the working area.
When in use, it was adjusted to a soft start to prevent starting shock. Makita rp2301fc also has an electric brake to maintain the productivity of the tool for a long period.
1/4 collet sleeve and 1/2 collet cone are accompanied by both of these tools.
Regarding features, Makita rp2301fc, which is equipped with new features to fix the problems of Makita rp1800, promises a smooth and safe performance for all users.
Quick Rundown Of Makita RP1800
- Powerful 15 AMP motor delivers 22,000 RPM for smooth routing
- 0" - 2-3/4" plunge depth capacity for easy penetration into work piece
- Linear ball bearings for smooth plunge action and superior performance
- Quick release plunge depth adjustment with micro control along with 3 preset depth stops for added precision
- Oversized ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- A durable and efficient tool
- Easy to use with convenient features
- Equipped with linear ball-bearings enhance smooth performance
- Deep plunging into hardwoods
- Cannot install it as a router table
- Only works with 120 volts
Quick Rundown Of Makita RP2301FC
- Powerful 15 AMP motor delivers 9,000-22,000 RPM for smooth routing
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Electric brake for increased productivity
- Variable speed to enhance safety
- A soft start to prevent starting shock
- Electric brake for a quick stop
- Difficult to turn the router on or off
- No template guidance
- More expensive than other models
When choosing a wood plunge router, many people would consider the Makita 3-1/4 HP Plunge Router model for effective and smooth performance. As there are many models available in the market, it is necessary to know their features and efficiency to purchase a suitable one for your needs.
We hope after the comparison of Makita rp2301fc vs rp1800, you will understand better the similar and unique perks of each tool and be able to pick out the one you need for your work.