Today, let’s have a look at the combat Makita RT0701CX7 vs Dewalt DWP611PK! We are going to compare the power, portability, and other outstanding features of these two.
Difference between Makita RT0701CX7 and Dewalt DWP611PK
The Dewalt DWP611PK Router combo kit features a 1.25HP motor. This powerful range can help with the toughest applications. Besides, according to different speed modes, users can easily pick up the most suitable with their working target.
The Makita RT0701CX7 has a similar feature with its rival in terms of the max horsepower. Not yet, both of them use electric-power sources, with a voltage of 120 Volts.
On the other hand, the two Router kits differ in variable speed control dial. If the Makita RT0701CX7 motor speed ranges from 10,000 to 30,000 RPM, its competitor only features a range of 16,000 – 27,000.
The wider range of speed control, the larger number of possible applications! Hence, the modern model from the brand Makita has an obvious victory in the first battle!
Of course, you want your tool to be less bulky or space-taking! The more compact your router kit is, the more convenient to relocate it or bring it along!
First of all, let’s talk about Makita RT0701CX7! The kit only weighs 3.9 pounds and a dimension of 17 x 10 x 7 inches. Meanwhile, the Dewalt DWP611PK model takes up to 19.25 x 10.25 x 6.7 inches of space and 8 pounds.
Now, it’s easier to decide who’s the winner, right! Once again, the candidate from the brand Makita’s just got an outstanding performance!
With the Dewalt DWP611PK model, there are several kit styles for you to choose from: router bits, compact router, dust collect adaptor for the fixed base, dust collect adaptor for plunge base, edge guide for the fixed base, round sub-base. Hence, their combo kit features and accessories you may get will greatly depend on the style of the router kit you pick!
In general, the Dewalt DWP611PK kit features LED light and a clear plastic fixed base, which ensures the visibility in operation to the max level. With the fixed base style, the kit has adjustment rings to change the controlled bit depth to within 1/64 inches. With the plunge base style, the machine can travel to 1.5 inches deep to the materials.
How about our Makita RT0701CX7? This model, like its rival, features a base that can transform into other bases quickly. Apart from its powerful aluminum motor, electronic speed control, the Makita also features a quick-release cam lock system for simple depth changes and base removals. Its smooth rack, together with pinion fine depth adjustment systems, helps you get more correct settings.
In the Makita RT0701CX7 kit, you will get a compact router, a plunge base with 1-⅜-inch depth capacity, 1 collet, 1 straight guide, and 2 spanner wrenches.
The Makita is more versatile, while the Dewalt offers more choices. If we appreciate the diversity and number of possible applications, the latter comes a better option.
Quick Rundown Of Makita RT0701CX7
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 to 30,000 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Smooth rack and pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body for increased comfort and control
- Quick release cam lock system for easy depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- Variable speed control dial
- Compact size
- Precise settings
- Complete and versatile kit
- The router gets hot sometimes
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DWP611PK
- Durable 1.25HP motor of DEWALT router delivers the power to meet the toughest applications
- Variable speed control feature of DEWALT plunge router enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64-inch (fixed base only)
- Variable speed control
- Soft-starting motor
- LED light available
- Various styles of kit
- Depth ring and clamping mechanism
- Less compact
- A narrower speed range of motor
Even though the competition of Makita RT0701CX7 vs Dewalt DWP611PK was tough and very close, we still see that the Makita presents more outstanding features. It is less bulky and more versatile, with a larger speed range. Hence, you can probably consider it for your future purchase! Good luck, and see you next time!