Bosch pr20evs vs gkf125cen are two of the best routers for professional carpenters. Both devices are quite similar in quality and performance. However, there are also core differences between them. So, which one is the right option for you?
Difference between Bosch PR20EVS and GKF125CEN
The GKF125CE is a variable speed router with a 1.25-hp motor, along with optimal speeds up to 16,000 – 35,000 RPM. This set of parameters is almost exclusively for a great deal of power.
The 1.25 hp engine block allows you to perform a broader range of operations than a laminate guillotine can do. Specifically, you can round different surfaces from deck railings, hinges, or create wooden details with unique shapes for decoration.
Besides, its motor has a response circuit to change the rotation speed of the machine shaft, which increases the versatility and accuracy of its powerful engine.
A little more inferior, the PR20EVS is a router that can change electronic speed, but the capacity stops at only one horsepower, 5.6 amp rotating with a speed change from 16,000 to 35,000 pm.
However, this machine is considered a combination of strength, versatility, and high precision. Besides, like the GKF125CE from Bosch, the PR20EVS is also equipped with a router with vital feedback to maintain speed.
While the PR20EVS has a relatively lightweight of just 3.3 pounds, the GKF125CEN is designed with a slightly larger weight of 4.4 pounds. This difference in mass is very noticeable because of the nature of these machines being handheld. So the more optimal their value, the more useful it is to the user. In this case, PR20EVS is more dominant than GKF125CEN.
However, in return, the GKF125CEN has a much more optimal size with a set of 4.13 x 4.13 x 8.25 inches, compared to its competitor, which is 9.41 x 7.43 x 4.7 inches. Thus, although slightly heavier, the PR20EVS has a smaller overall size.
GKF125CEN has a design that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. The grip is quite soft and feels comfortable, making it a bit more convenient to use than large routers. The depth adjustment system is also significantly improved over its old version.
These new features make this router more smoothly and without any sudden changes in spindle speed, which was frequently seen in older versions.
In addition, the bit capacity is up to 1-5 / 16 inches in width. This difference could give it the edge in cutting thicker surfaces and generating a lot less noise than low-bit capacities.
In contrast, the Bit Capacity of Bosch pr20evs is not very impressive when it only works well with bits 1/4 inch in diameter. This small capacity makes the machine at a disadvantage when the blade is not long enough for hard and thick wood surfaces.
However, the bit capacity of this machine can be customized at each level. This versatility can also be a pretty big plus for semi-professional or amateur carpenters because of the diverse needs in your home.
In addition, a noteworthy point is that while the Palm Router GKF125CEN has LED support for night work, the Bosch pr20evs does not have this feature.
Quick Rundown Of Bosch PR20EVS
- Contoured Soft Grip Area: Most ergonomic router in its Class for exceptional comfort
- Variable-Speed Dial: for matching speed to work piece and task
- Quick-Clamp System: Move motor from base to base without tools
- Aluminum non-cantilevered fixed base: Durable, solid and precise
- 7-Step adjustable depth stop turret plus micro fine adjustment on depth rod: for fast, accurate bit depth setting
- Integrated vents
- Integrated lever system
- Speed dials
- The light handle
- Open switch
- Lack of handles
Clamp inch only
Quick Rundown Of Bosch GKF125CEN
- Ease of use: Revolutionary new woodworking depth adjustment system for easy and precise depth adjustment
- Power: Featuring a 1.25-Hp, 7.0 amp motor for compact versatility with speeds of 16,000-35,000 RPM
- Convenience: Wide-bit capacity - fixed base accepts bits up to 1-5/16-in wide
- Consistency: Constant response circuitry - monitors and maintains speed under load for consistent performance - provides overload protection and soft start for reduced start-up torque
- Comfort: Palm-grip design with soft grip and finger support pockets - provides exceptional comfort and control
- Wide bit capacity
- The continuously responds circuit
- Easy to take
- Difficult to adjust the depth
- Difficult to use accessories
Above are our brief analysis and comparison of Bosch pr20evs vs gkf125cen. We hope that, through this article, you can get more useful information and more importantly distinguish the difference between the two products above.
Both have many similarities but also have many differences in the details, so please consider carefully before buying.