Delta 22-590 vs Dewalt dw734, which one is better? Both Delta and Dewalt brand is famous for its top power tools and high standard materials. But which product will meet your needs with regard to its maintenance, features, operation, durability, pricing, and portability?
We are here to give the briefest comparison of these two pieces of equipment and a quick review of each one’s pros and cons.
Differences between Delta 22-590 and Dewalt DW734
First, let’s have a look at the differences between the Delta 22-590 vs Dewalt dw734 and see whether you can find the best planer.
Although the two models look basically the same, they have some differences in utilities.
Delta brand has gained its reputation in making a fully-featured piece of equipment. With the Delta 22-590, you can turn your workshop into a productive woodworking place.
As this Delta planer is indicated to be a portable model, while it does weigh 76 lbs, it is easier to move around with the top and bottom handles.
The tables on each side of the machine are made of thick sturdy metal and there are two support screws to make minor height adjustments. The outstanding material removal gauge also presents the amount of material being removed and allows users to utilize the entire wire of the cutter head.
However, the average family woodworks cannot withstand the power of the planer, so the household use of this product is not recommended.
On the contrary, if you are looking for a piece of equipment that is suitable for work involving heavy power and a large amount of force, then the Dewalt dw734 can meet your needs. This model comes with such a powerful three-knife cutter-head with 10,000 RPM which provides the finest finishes in the end.
The Dewalt dw734 features two feed speeds that can be used for both quick thickness planning and detailed finishing.
One dominant feature this planer has which you cannot find in Delta 22-590 is dust collection. The machine is added a built-in blower which will do a great job in clearing dust and shavings from the blades.
Quick Rundown of Delta 22-590
- Three Knife Cutter Head provides an ultra smooth finish and up to 3 time longer blade life than...
- Full with material removal gauge allows utilization of the entire width of the cutter head
- Inf between 1-1/4-Inch and 1/8-Inch innate micro-adjust depth stop allows user to select a specific...
- Snipe reduction features a patented cutterhead lock system
- infeed and outfeed table reduce snipe
Let’s take a look at some features that make the Delta 22-590 truly stand out from other planer models from the same brand.
- Open design for quick adjustments and changing knives
- 13 inches stock and 6 inches height capacity
- Adjustable depth stop for smooth handle
- Cutterhead lock provides stability and reduces snipes
- Full-width removal gauge included
- Has only 2 disposable knives to use
- Not suitable for harder woods
Quick Rundown of Dewalt DW734
- Three-knife cutter head with 10,000 rpm cutter-head speed provides 96 cuts per inch, one of the...
- Disposable, reversible knives deliver 30% more knife life and make knife change fast and easy.
- Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2" of material support.
- Powerful 15 amp, 20,000 rpm motor handles larger, deeper cuts in hardwoods.
- Ensures both portability and transportability
- High RPM makes the final finish professional-grade
- Large-sized infeed and outfeed tables
- Up to three years of warranty
- Dust collection technology for hassle-free clean-up
- Capable of cutting 13’’ boards
- May fail at some hardwood like maple or oak
- Automatic feed breaks down quite easily
- High charge for replaceable parts
We guess that you are now able to choose the best wood planer for yourself after reading our comparison article on Delta 22-590 vs Dewalt dw734.
Each one has its own pros and cons but we do prefer the Dewalt 734 for its versatile use and portability. How about you? We hope that this post can help you find out the answer. Don’t hesitate to purchase one and enjoy the outstanding utilities.