Dewalt has never been out of the list of prevalent brands that manufactures high-quality power tools. Apart from impact wrenches and bandsaws, Dewalt is also famous for a series of wood planers, and Dewalt DW734 vs DW735 is its most sought-for products.
How do these units differ from each other? We have summarized some specific features to point out their dissimilarities as well as the pros and cons of each unit. Stay tuned and scroll down to find out the answer.
Differences between Dewalt DW734 Vs DW735
To begin with, let’s take a quick glance at these units.
Introduced by the same manufacturer named Dewalt, both Dewalt DW734 vs DW735 will definitely share some specs in common. Anyway, DW735 is claimed to be the improved version of DW734.
In today’s article, we will compare these two units in terms of price, design, and utilities.
Both Dewalt planers come to the market at a reasonable price range of $450 to nearly $600, and the DW735 is the more expensive product in this case.
As such, DW734 can be the best option for low-budget customers. However, it will be a big mistake if you overlook the other choice as it has many innovative features that we have not discussed yet. Keep following to know more.
At first glance, you can notice that these two items are quite different in terms of design, and the overall build of the new DW735 model looks tougher.
To be specific, the DW734 planer is designed to weigh 80 pounds and its dimensions are 24 x 17 x 21 inches, making it a compact and portable planer.
Yet with the Dewalt DW735 item, it is 10 pounds heavier than its opponent. Specifically, this DW735 has 90-pound weight and 24 x 22 x 19 inches of dimensions. Moreover, the housing in the old DW734 has been replaced with four adjustments on each corner.
Featuring the rugged motor of 20.000 RPM and 15 Amp and the blade speed of 10.000 RPM, Dewalt DW734 vs DW735 work excellently in any heavy-duty lumber project you throw at them.
However, DW735 is still outstanding on another level in this case. It is equipped with a two-speed gearbox at 96 and 179 CPI, providing you with better control of the cuts.
Hence, you can experience such a nice and smooth finish thanks to these speed options. Unfortunately, the DW734 comes with a single-speed option of 96 CPI.
Besides, DW735 gives you 0.5 extra inches of blade size compared to its opponent. But this slight difference does not affect the cutting capacity at all.
What is more, it must be mentioned that the dust management system in the DW735 model has been upgraded.
Dewalt has added a built-in blower other than the dust hood in the old version to shoot the wood shaving far from your working area. As a result, there is no need to worry about dealing with clogged wood shaving flow.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW734
- Three-knife cutter head with 10,000 rpm cutter-head speed provides 96 cuts per inch, one of the...
- Disposable, reversible knives deliver 30% more knife life and make knife change fast and easy.
- Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2" of material support.
- Powerful 15 amp, 20,000 rpm motor handles larger, deeper cuts in hardwoods.
- Compact design for ease of transport
- Easy setting and adjustments
- Effortlessly replaceable blade
- Suitable for low-budget users
- Limited speed
- Additional fee for blade replacement
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW735
- Powerful 15-AMP, 20,000 RPM motor (10,000 RPM cutterhead speed) handles larger cuts in wider...
- Three knife cutter-head delivers 30-percent longer knife life and makes knife change faster and...
- Two speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chips off of the cutter-head and exhausts them out of the machine
- Friendly to use
- Robust motor and rigid build
- Larger blade for a wider array of timber
- Two-speed gearbox for better control
- Better dust disposal
- Heavier than the old model
- High expense
Can you make up your mind between Dewalt DW734 vs DW735 after consulting our in-depth comparison yet?
As an advisor, we recommend you go for the DW735 which promises to provide productivity and ease of use. But Dewalt DW734 still meets the demand of low-budget customers for sure.
That’s why you should consider your individual needs and budget first. And do not forget to tell us if you have made a buying decision.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: