You might have come across both Dewalt DW734 vs Ridgid R4331 while seeking a compact yet robust and affordable planer. However, you’re finding it challenging to choose one between these two because they are both excellent tools in the field.
Well, let us help you decide through our comparison between the two machines and their pros and cons. Stay tuned!
Differences between Dewalt DW734 and Ridgid R4331
Dewalt and Ridgid are considered the prestigious brands in the planer manufacture, and their typical products must include Dewalt DW734 and Ridgid R4331. Do you wonder what their dissimilarities are? We would like to discuss in terms of price and utilities.
Speaking of the compact design, Dewalt DW734 gains the advantage over the other unit on this review. Its weight is about 80 pounds, making it a more suitable choice in terms of portability.
On the contrary, the R4331 item weighs nearly 115 pounds. Therefore, you can hardly hold and move it around, but a heavier tool can ensure the higher stability on the workbench in return.
While both models are powered by a 15 Amp motor, the DW734 planer features a superior maximum speed of 20,000 RPM. What a remarkable number!
It means that this tool can effortlessly handle even larger and deeper cuts in hardwoods. Meanwhile, its opponent, R4331 planer, boasts a limited maximum speed of 9,000 RPM.
However, the innovative chip impeller dust removal system that Ridgid R4331 provides will definitely surprise you. It is capable of pulling wood chips out of the working area to ensure cleaner cuts and spotless workplace, which beats out the dust hood in the DW734 planer for sure.
Most notably, Ridgid has added the Ind-I-Cut depth gauge and 8 depth stops for its product that you cannot find in the Dewalt DW734 model.
These additions assist you in instantly measuring the cutting depth before each stage as well as planning several workpieces precisely to get the consistency desired thickness. As a result, the cutting performance is enhanced to bring customers a satisfactory outcome.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW734
- Three-knife cutter head with 10,000 rpm cutter-head speed provides 96 cuts per inch, one of the...
- Disposable, reversible knives deliver 30% more knife life and make knife change fast and easy.
- Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2" of material support.
- Powerful 15 amp, 20,000 rpm motor handles larger, deeper cuts in hardwoods.
Let’s move to a quick review of the Dewalt DW734 benchtop planer to find out its pros and cons.
- Portable conveniently
- Affordable price
- High power motor operation
- Four-column carriage lock
- Three knife cutter-heads
- Additional fee for blade replacement
Quick Rundown Of Ridgid R4331
- This item is PLANER, R4331 13" 3 BLADE 27263
- This product is used for woodworking-project-kits
- This product manufacture by China
Here is the pros and cons of the Ridgid R4331 planer:
- Prevents excessive vibrations
- The effective dust removal system
- 8 adjustable depth stops
- Has the Ind-I-Cut depth gauge
- Delivers reliable deep and accurate cuts
- Quite heavy
- Comes at an expensive cost
That is the wrap up of our comparison of Dewalt DW734 vs Ridgid R4331. Have you distinguished between these two planers and made up your mind to buy which unit yet? We do hope that you can!
The final buying decision depends totally on your preference and your budget, but rest assured that they all work well in your woodworking DIY projects, indeed. Hence, do not hesitate and grab one item right off the bat!
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: