Dewalt DWS715 vs DW715? Which one is better? If you are interested in cutting woods into pieces accurately, a miter saw is what you should not miss.
Dewalt DWS715 and Dewalt DW715 can both meet your needs, but if you have to choose one, which one suits you better? The following comparison of the two products and a quick review of each one’s pros and cons are going to shed some light on your confusion.
Differences between Dewalt DWS715 and DW715
To see the differences between Dewalt DWS715 and Dewalt DW715, we will make a comparison of these two devices in terms of price, utilities, product dimensions, and portability.
Both Dewalt DWS715 and Dewalt DW715 belong to the $200 to $300 price range. The price of the two models, depending on the sales promotion campaign, can fluctuate a little bit
Overall, the price of the Dewalt DWS715 seems to be $30 to $40 higher than its predecessor-Dewalt DW715.
The two models are powerful tools at 15 amp with up to 4,000 rpm motor, which can perform many complicated tasks of cross-cutting, miter cutting, molding, and frame cutting.
Both models are single-bevel (the blade is tilted to one side only) compound miter saws, which allow you to cut miter and bevel cuts with perfect accuracy and angles.
Specifically, Dewalt DWS715, with its stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops, shapes the cuts with more productivity and accuracy compared to 11 positive stops of its predecessor-Dewalt DW715.
Furthermore, the Dewalt DWS715 gives us smoother cuts on most pieces as it goes with a powerful blade – a 12″ Carbide Tipped one.
Dewalt DWS750 is a bigger model with 26.77 inches in length, 21.85 inches in width, and 18.9 inches in height, while the DW715 model is 26.1 inches long, 19,6 inches wide, and 17.2 inches high.
Hence, Dewalt DW750 shows its superiority over Dewalt DWS750 when it comes to easy transportation, storage, and packaging.
Another criterion to measure the portability of the two models is how heavy they are. If you prefer a lighter miter saw but powerful and versatile enough, Dewalt DWS715 is a suitable choice you can not miss.
Although the Dewalt DWS715 has a bigger shape than its original model, the materials attached to it seem to be lighter.
When putting Dewalt DW715 vs Dewalt DWS715 into comparison, the former weighs 48 pounds – 6 pounds heavier than the latter. So, if you have to carry your saw on a daily basis, we recommend choosing the Dewalt DWS715.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW715
- Includes: a carbide blade, dust bag, blade wrench and comfortable side handles in the base
- Miter detent override that allows you to override the miter stops and adjust to the desired setting...
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops
- Tall sliding fences that support crown moulding up to 5-1/4-Inch. nested and base moulding up to...
- Crosscut capacity up to 2x8-Inch dimensional lumber
Let’s have a look at some striking points in Dewalt DW715’s pros and cons.
- Reasonable price
- Performs accurate cuts
- Highly versatile with different tasks
- Small dimensions
- Safety control
- Long-term warranty of 3 years
- The dust bag is limited
- Lack of laser for 100% accurate cuts
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DWS715
- Power and Durability: 15 Amp, 4,000 Rpm Motor
- Miter Detent Plate Improves Productivity and Ensures Cutting Accuracy: Adjustable Stainless Steel...
- Miter Dentent Override That Allows You to Override the Miter Stops and Adjust to the Desired Setting...
- TALL SLIDING FENCES that support crown molding up to 5 1/4 Inch nested and base molding up to 6 1/2...
- Cross Cut Capacity Up to 2x8 Inch Dimensional Lumber at 90° and a 2x6 Inch Dimensional Lumber at...
We have just quickly run over the pros and cons of Dewalt DW715. How about Dewalt DWS715? Let’s check how this model plays its role.
- Reasonable price
- Produces clean and accurate cuts
- Handles different types of cuts with high flexibility
- Super sturdy
- Lightweight to move around
- Small dustbag to carry sawdust
Hopefully, you have equipped yourself with some basic knowledge about Dewalt DWS715 vs DW715 after reading our comparison.
Each of them does have its own pros and cons. Hence, depending on your budget and work requirements, we do hope you can choose a more suited one.