Dewalt DWS715 vs DW715? Which one is better? If you are interested in cutting woods into pieces accurately, a miter saw is what you should not miss.
Dewalt DWS715 and Dewalt DW715 can both meet your needs, but if you have to choose one, which one suits you better? The following comparison of the two products and a quick review of each one’s pros and cons are going to shed some light on your confusion.
Differences between Dewalt DWS715 and DW715
To see the differences between Dewalt DWS715 and Dewalt DW715, we will make a comparison of these two devices in terms of price, utilities, product dimensions, and portability.
Both Dewalt DWS715 and Dewalt DW715 belong to the $200 to $300 price range. The price of the two models, depending on the sales promotion campaign, can fluctuate a little bit
Overall, the price of the Dewalt DWS715 seems to be $30 to $40 higher than its predecessor- Dewalt DW715.
The two models are powerful tools at 15 amp with up to 4,000 rpm motor, which can perform many complicated tasks of cross-cutting, miter cutting, molding, and frame cutting.
Both models are single-bevel (the blade is tilted to one side only) compound miter saws, which allow you to cut miter and bevel cuts with perfect accuracy and angles.
Specifically, Dewalt DWS715, with its stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops, shapes the cuts with more productivity and accuracy compared to 11 positive stops of its predecessor-Dewalt DW715.
Furthermore, the Dewalt DWS715 gives us smoother cuts on most pieces as it goes with a powerful blade – a 12″ Carbide Tipped one.
Dewalt DWS750 is a bigger model with 26.77 inches in length, 21.85 inches in width, and 18.9 inches in height, while the DW715 model is 26.1 inches long, 19,6 inches wide, and 17.2 inches high.
Hence, Dewalt DW750 shows its superiority over Dewalt DWS750 when it comes to easy transportation, storage, and packaging.
Another criterion to measure the portability of the two models is how heavy they are. If you prefer a lighter miter saw but powerful and versatile enough, Dewalt DWS715 is a suitable choice you can not miss.
Although the Dewalt DWS715 has a bigger shape than its original model, the materials attached to it seem to be lighter.
When putting Dewalt DW715 vs Dewalt DWS715 into comparison, the former weighs 48 pounds – 6 pounds heavier than the latter. So, if you have to carry your saw on a daily basis, we recommend choosing the Dewalt DWS715.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DW715
- 15 amp motor, 4,000 rpm delivers extended power and durability for the 12-inch miter saw blade
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops of the mitre saw improves productivity and ensures cutting
- Precise miter system and machined-base fence support optimize cutting accuracy for DEWALT miter saw
- Tall sliding fence supports crown molding up to 5-1/4-inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2-inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- Bevels 0 degree-48degree to the left and 0 degree-3degree to the right for increased capacity
Performs accurate cuts
Highly versatile with different tasks
Long-term warranty of 3 years[/i2pros][i2cons]The dust bag is limited
Lack of laser for 100% accurate cuts[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DWS715
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate of 12-inch miter saw blade comes with 14 positive stops
- The mitre saw features the precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence of DEWALT miter saw supports 5-1/2-inch base vertically
- Bevels 0 degree - 48degree to the left and 0 degree- 3degree to the right. Tool height-15 inch
- 2-inch x 8-inch dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90 degree and 2-inch x 6-inch dimensional lumber at 45 degree
Produces clean and accurate cuts
Handles different types of cuts with high flexibility
Lightweight to move around[/i2pros][i2cons]Small dustbag to carry sawdust[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Hopefully, you have equipped yourself with some basic knowledge about Dewalt DWS715 vs DW715 after reading our comparison.
Each of them does have its own pros and cons. Hence, depending on your budget and work requirements, we do hope you can choose a more suited one.