Hitachi C12FDH vs C12RSH2 can both satisfy your needs but if you have to choose one, which one is best for you? Here is our comparison of the two products and a quick review of each one’s pros and cons.
Similarities Between Hitachi C12FDH and C12RSH2.
Though Hitachi C12FDH vs C12RSH2 are two different models, they still share some similar features below:
The hearts of these saws are 15 Amp motors, with which they can generate a speed of up to around 4,000-RPM. Therefore, you can tackle any tough cutting jobs smoothly.
Hitachi C12FDH and C12RSH2 are equipped with large sliding fences. Their pivoting fences can raise up to 5 1/8 inch to cut crown molding up to 7 1/2 inch vertically, workpieces up to 2-5/16 inch in height and 5-21/32 inch in depth.
For Hitachi C12FDH and C12RSH2, the blades are stainless, which accounts for their durability. Hence, customers can use these saws for a long time without worrying that they will be downgraded.
Hitachi C12FDH and C12RSH2 are dual-bevel saws, which means that they appear to be a little sophisticated to operate. However, they are capable of cutting two directions simultaneously.
All the similarities between Hitachi C12FDH vs. C12RSH2 have been meticulously illustrated above. How about their differences? Scroll down to figure it out right now with us!
Differences Between Hitachi C12FDH vs C12RSH2
There is no doubt that there are a lot of criteria when we consider buying the two products. Among these criteria are price, versatility, and design of the products. Let’s take a quick look at them before making up your mind!
If your budget doesn’t stretch and your primary concern when purchasing a saw is its price, C12FDH is the optimal option because its price is a bit less than C12RSH2’s.
If you specialize in making wooden goods, you’ll find the C12RSH2 more cost-effective. With C12RSH2, you can generate superior bevel cuts to hard-to-reach angels.
If you only need to make simple things like stuff around your house instead of aiming for complicated things, it’s better to buy the C12FDH. It can still get all the essential functions similar to C12RSH2, which are elementary accuracy and stability.
If you care about the design of the two saws, then you should notice that C12RSH2 weighs 59 pounds, which is 3 pounds lighter than C12FDH. Also, C12RSH2 possesses taller sliding fences and micro-adjustments to set both miter and bevel angles than C12FDH.
Quick Review of Hitachi C12FDH.
- hitachie, hytachie
- 12-inch dual bevel compound miter saw with laser marker
- Miter range 52 degrees right and left; bevel range 48 degrees right and left; 15 Amp; 4,000 rpm
- Micro bevel adjustment knob for fine tuning bevel angles; larger pivoting fence raises to 5-1/8...
- Includes TCT 32-tooth saw blade, dust bag, vise assembly, box wrench, hex bar wrench and holder...
C12FDH has a TCT 32-tooth saw blade, adjustable fence, and laser marker, hence it can serve some essential requirements of you excellently. Accuracy, durability, and portability is not the matter anymore when you have a C12FDH.
- Reasonable price with manufacturers warranty
- Adjustable integrated laser for quick and precise cuts
- Powerful motor and high-quality blade
- Dust collection bag for tidier workshop
- Some flaws with laser light
- Problems with making the vise clamp work properly
- Few malfunctioning parts at times
- No long extension wings
Quick Review of Hitachi C12RSH2
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT; Same great tools, with only a new name
- Compact slide system allows the saw head to slide along fixed rails, for zero clearance. Laser...
- Max Cutting Capacities (HxW) 90 Degree Cross Cut 4 to 3/16x12 ,1/4 inch or 4 11/16x10 3/16 inch. 45...
- Powerful 15 Amp motor to tackle tough cutting jobs with ease
- Large sliding fence raises fence height to 5 1/8 inches to cut up to 7 1/2 inch crown molding...
Hitachi manufactured C12RSH2 to allow users to make both simple and even complex cuttings. Although this saw still has some minor drawbacks, it undoubtedly brings a lot of satisfaction to both amateur and professional woodworkers.
- Affordable price for a compound sliding miter saw
- Broad and silky cuts even with large stock
- Excellent speed rate for most materials.
- Compatibility with the heavy-duty portable miter saw
- Compact footprint suitable for even tight spaces.
- Poor dust collection with no dust port
- A quite tricky maneuver for beginners
- Lack of a swing-out depth stop
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
It is not always an easy task when considering purchasing which one between these excellent saws. In general, C12FDH vs C12RSH2 are both powerful saws by the famous Hitachi company.
C12FDH can serve the basic demands of customers with some remarkable features and affordable price. C12RSH2 is more expensive, but it facilitates more sophisticated work by offering higher cutting capacity with more precision.
As an amateur in the woody making, I think C12FDH is a more suitable choice for me. It stretches to my budget and perfectly meets my basic needs of making some wood stuff at home.
What is your choice after reading the comparison above? Feel free to share with us, and don’t forget to follow us for more helpful posts.