JET and Laguna are two prestige brands in the woodworking industry, and the battle of Jet Jwbs-14SFX Vs Laguna 1412 has been around for quite some time. Which unit will be the one to meet your needs and budget? Read on our in-depth comparison to find out!
Differences Between Jet Jwbs-14SFX and Laguna 1412:
When you leave all the features of the two products aside, the $200 price gap will be what to make consumers think twice before making a purchase. Jet 714400K Jwbs-14SFX comes to the market at $1200, while Laguna Tools MBAND1412 costs slightly around $1400.
So, that’s one plus for Jet’s product. Let’s see what the things they share in common, as well as the differences in terms of design, are.
The Laguna Tools MBAND1412 appears to be a bit bulkier than its competitor with measurements of 46 cm x 64 cm x 1.8 m. The unit looks somewhat futuristic with the primary color of black and a little touch of red. Jet 714400K Jwbs-14SFX comes in the opposite color of Laguna 1412 – white, but we’d say it looks rather milk-cream-ish.
For that reason, Laguna 1412 is slightly more lightweight than Jet 714400K Jwbs-14SFX, but since they’re both standing models and much likely to be fixed in one position, there’s nothing much to discuss.
However, it’s a different story if you’re a professional or a shop owner that requires portability from the product; in that case, Laguna 1412 would make it less of a pain in the neck to move around.
The first major difference is the resaw capability. Laguna 1412 has a resaw capability of 12” while Jet Jwbs-14SFX offers over 13” of that for cutting large wood planks as well as book-matched panels. The 1” gap seems minor, but it will come in handy in certain situations, especially if you’re a serious woodworking hobbyist or a pro who knows what you’re doing.
The next thing to mention is the blade guides. Laguna 1412 is equipped with ceramics blade guides, which are highly appreciated by the pros due to the effectiveness in adjusting the blades as well as the ability to hold up very well. As for Jet 714400K Jwbs-14SFX, the process can be done at ease thanks to the Jet’s special easily adjustable blade guide system.
The blade is sold separately and will not be included when you purchase both Jet Jwbs-14SFX and Laguna 1412. You can buy a blade from Jet, Laguna Tools, Timberwolf, or any other brand, just make sure you get the right size: 116” for Jet 714400K Jwbs-14SFX and 115” for Laguna 1412.
Quick Rundown Of Jet 714400K Jwbs-14SFX
- Deeper table with a massive 360 square inch of cast iron work surface for greater work piece support
- Over 13” resaw capacity for cutting large pieces of wood, slicing veneers, and cutting book...
- Heavy duty tubular steel welded construction with a total weight of over 300 pounds
- Dual 4” dust ports for maximum dust collection efficiency
- Blades not included and sold separately
- A heavy-duty machine with high-quality tubular steel
- Hassle-free in adjusting the lower and upper bearings (no tools needed)
- Can cut through large stocks of wood without hesitation
- The cast-iron table features up to 360 square inches for greater work support
- 5-year warranty
- Clear and easy-to-follow manual user
- Has no miter gauge
- You’ll need to make additional purchase on the blade
Quick Rundown Of Laguna Tools MBAND1412
- Motor: 13/4HP, TEFC, 60Hz. , Voltage: 115V, amperage: 14/7 (115/230V), 6' Cord with NEMA 5-15P plug
- Csa certified, Illuminated on/off direct start switch with safety key, Pre-Wired 115V outlet for...
- Steel frame construction, pyramid spine, cast iron wheels, cast iron 211/2" X 16" Micro-polished...
- Resaw capacity: 12", throat capacity: 13 5/8", blade length: 115", aluminum rip fence: 18" X 5 1/2"...
- Heavy Duty Cast Iron Trunion 8" X 13", Table Tilts Right: 45Degree, Left: 7Degree, Positive Stop at...
- Space-age looking design that delivers a great touch to your workstation
- The compact size makes a great addition to limited-working space
- Tool-less ceramics bearings
- Effortless assembly
- Effective dust collecting
- Large aluminum rip fence measures by 18″x 5 ½” x ½”
- The blade is not included
- Short warranty of 1 year
Jet Jwbs-14SFX Vs Laguna 1412, it is indeed a tough call to make. But when it comes down to the winner, we’ll have to go with the Laguna Tools MBAND1412 despite the $200 price gap. The construction quality, as well as key features, make this machine an absolutely worthwhile investment.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: