Laguna 14bx Vs 1412, the battle of two powerful siblings from the same manufacturer, each packed with their exceptional characteristics and functions, has grasped the interest of many saw seekers.
If you want to quickly find the victor of this battlefield, dig in my article to see how each unit’s features and differences are going to be analyzed right here.
Differences Between Laguna 14bx and 1412 BandSaw
Although the Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 and Laguna Tools MBAND1412 share many things in common, I believe that the differences are what decide each unit’s performance. All the things setting them apart from each other are all written below, give them a look, and they may help you decide the tool taking the lead.
Both are equipped with a 3.5 amp motor, which is suitable for DIY projects or small scale production. The blades feature a minimum width of 1/8 inches and a maximum of 3/4 inches. However, given their impressive motor’s output, a wider blade will excel more significantly at cutting lumbers.
Although both saws come with such similarities, Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 is still proven to be more durable than its rival, when featuring a heavier one-piece frame. What’s more, this tool is also equipped with a first-of-its-kind disc brake, which is shown to be more efficient to stop the blade at a fast pace.
These two machines aim at light-duty projects, thus it’s vital to consider whether it is portable enough for wood makers who often need cutting at different places.
The Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 is much lighter than its counterpart. Specifically, it weighs 260 pounds, 6 pounds lighter than the MBAND1412. It is also furnished with a set wheel attached at the bottom for more constant transport.
However, the Laguna Tools MBAND1412 has a separate base, which enables you to install different bases for different functions.
Quick Rundown Of Laguna MBAND14bx110-175
- 12" Resaw | height: 70 1/4" 21 1/2" X 16" | table height: 38"
- 7Degree table tilt left | 2 x 4" Dust ports | blade length: 115" | cast iron wheels
- Magnetic starter | dual light mount | 45Degree table tilt right max. | blade width: 3/4" | pyramid-shaped spine
- Min. Blade width: 1/8" | Footprint: 17 1/2" X 22 1/2" | Quick release tension | magnetic blade guard
- Laguna Ceramic Guides | Hi/Low aluminum Fence | Worm Gear Rack & Pinion | Massive Cast Trunnion 8"X13"
- Durable cast iron table and bevel
- Easily adjustable and tool-less blade
- A set of wheel available
- Strong motor, which can handle up to 3 hours running continuously
- Provide the table dimension at 21 ½ x 16 inches, which is more than sufficient for a comfortable working space.
- Noble dustless collection
- Comes with a hefty price
Quick Rundown Of Laguna Tools MBAND1412
- Motor: 13/4HP, TEFC, 60Hz. , Voltage: 115V, amperage: 14/7 (115/230V), 6' Cord with NEMA 5-15P plug
- Csa certified, Illuminated on/off direct start switch with safety key, Pre-Wired 115V outlet for light
- Steel frame construction, pyramid spine, cast iron wheels, cast iron 211/2" X 16" Micro-polished table surface
- Resaw capacity: 12", throat capacity: 13 5/8", blade length: 115", aluminum rip fence: 18" X 5 1/2" X 1/2"
- Heavy Duty Cast Iron Trunion 8" X 13", Table Tilts Right: 45Degree, Left: 7Degree, Positive Stop at 90Degree with Micro Adjust. Min. Blade Width: 1/8 inches
- Equipped with a separate base
- The heavy-gauge one-piece frame provides greater endurance
- Quick-release blade tensioner for more convenient cutting
- Affordable, which is cheaper more than the average products in the market
- Comes with a disc-brake with micro-switch for a safe and fast cutting process
- Doubtful dust collection
Both Laguna Tools MBAND1412 and Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 deliver excellent merits, cutting every lumber accurately and conveniently.
Despite that, but I still prefer the Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 more as it enables me to finish the task effortlessly. And, in my experience, it lasts a bit longer than the other item.
All in all, I hope this Laguna 14bx Vs 1412 Review would be a great help for you to find your suitable companion.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: