Saws-enthusiasts must have noticed the fierce battle between Rikon 10-353 Vs Laguna 14 BX as both deliver exceptional features and functions that will enable a smooth working process. Choosing the best machine would be hard if you are a newbie in this area.
Hence, I have specially written this post to share all the information I found that would be useful in declaring the victor.
Let’s get on with it!
Differences Between Rikon 10-353 Vs Laguna 14 BX
The three main features that decide each unit’s performance are the motor power, the blade cutting ability, and the table tilt degree.
Regarding motor power, it can be seen that the Rikon 10-353 is more powerful with a 3 HP motor implemented. This motor is proven to manage heavy-duty woodwork for 3 hours continuously. On the contrary, although the Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 only features a 1.75 HP motor, it is more than sufficient for any DIY products or small scale projects.
What is more, the blade of the Rikon 10-353 is bigger than its rival, which will apparently solve hardwood issues more efficiently. This machine possesses a blade’s width of 3/16 – 1 inch and a length of 142 inches, 30 inches larger than its opponent.
This industrial machine also comes with a wide range of table tilt degree, providing from -10° to 45° tilting from left to right. The Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 only manages a table tilt left of 7°, so it can’t be as flexible as its rival.
As mentioned above, the Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 weighs merely 260 pounds, 55 pounds lighter than the Rikon 10-353. Besides, it is also equipped with a set of cast iron wheels, which will take you minimal effort and money to transfer.
Quick Rundown Of Rikon 10-353
- 14″ Cutting Capacity
- Patented – Spring Loaded Tool-less Guide System
- Patented – Quick Adjust Fence System With 6″ Tall Rip Fence
- Patented – Quick Lock Cast Iron Trunnion System
- 4,300 FT / MIN.
- The strong motor of 3 HP enables smoother work
- Durable blade provides super fast speed, up to 4,300 FPM
- Large and comfortable cast iron table
- The easily adjusted fence system
- Comes with a long period of a 5-year warranty
- Hefty price
Quick Rundown Of Laguna Mband14bx110-175
- 12" Resaw | height: 70 1/4" 21 1/2" X 16" | table height: 38"
- 7Degree table tilt left | 2 x 4" Dust ports | blade length: 115" | cast iron wheels
- Magnetic starter | dual light mount | 45Degree table tilt right max. | blade width: 3/4" | pyramid-shaped spine
- Min. Blade width: 1/8" | Footprint: 17 1/2" X 22 1/2" | Quick release tension | magnetic blade guard
- Laguna Ceramic Guides | Hi/Low aluminum Fence | Worm Gear Rack & Pinion | Massive Cast Trunnion 8"X13"
- Huge resaw capacity
- Quick-release blade tensioner enables more precise cutting
- Sturdy yet compact
- Comes with a set of wheels
- Quite affordable
- Suitable for small scale only
Both machines have their strength and weaknesses, yet I can assure you that the benefits of the Rikon 10-353 and Laguna MBAND14bx110-175 have outweighed their downsides.
However, the Rikon 10-353 has always come to mind when I want to choose a reliable and robust band saw. What I appreciate most about this tool is its accuracy and safety when it comes to cutting hard lumbers.
I hope that this Rikon 10-353 Vs Laguna 14 BX Review would be enlightening and help you choose the most suitable partner.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: