Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the LifeSpan TR4000i and the Sole F80.
Pricing is always the top-concerned matter when we want to purchase something. Today, we bring to you two best sellers treadmills at an affordable price range to consider. Specifically, the LifeSpan’s price is nearly $1800, so the Sole F80 takes the lead in this round since it costs $200 less than the LifeSpan TR4000i.
About the other elements, the LifeSpan TR4000i and the Sole F80 share some similarities. Firstly, both of them can carry a maximum weight user of 350 pounds. That’s a good number for a typical treadmill.
Both of them have the same standard incline range, which is about 0 – 15%. Besides, there’s no decline in these two products.
Besides the price and incline range, there are plenty of differences between both. Although the LifeSpan may be more expensive, you get what you pay for in this instance.
When it comes to the size of the running deck area, The Sole F80 with 22″ x60″ deck running has a wider running surface than the 20″ x60″ of the LifeSpan. However, more surface area also leads to a bulkier treadmill and takes up more space.
In terms of power, the Sole F80 overshadows its opponent with a 3.5 CHP motor which is plenty strong to sustain long-term heavy use. However, the 3.25 CHP motor of the LifeSpan still points out that it is a powerful machine at this price.
If you are worried about the speed range, the maximum speed of the F80 is about 11 mph, while the LifeSpan could allow users to reach 12 mph.
Next, let’s see how many built-in workout programs each trainer has. The TR4000i offers twice as many built-in programs as the F80. With 21 menu items of the LifeSpan TR4000i, you will be able to choose the right program that fits you well. Meanwhile, the Sole F80 only provides you with ten options.
If you’re still wondering which one to choose, you definitely should not overlook the fan system since when all else is pretty equal, the presence of a fan system may seal the deal.
These two treadmills all have cooling fan systems. The 3-speed cooling fan from the LifeSpan TR4000i receives a high rate with its performance. On the other hand, although the Sole F80 features two cooling fans, some people found its airflow a bit faint.
Like any modern treadmill, you can observe your heart rate on these treadmills due to their heart rate monitor. While this function in the F80 provides you two ways to monitor: through the pulse-sensing hand grips or via a Bluetooth chest belt, the TR4000i does not come with a chest strap but the built-in heart rate sensors on the handlebars.
Finally, the treadmill’s size is also an important factor for buyers to choose which trainer is the best fit for them. The Sole F80 measures 82″ x37″ x57″ and that means its dimension is more sizable than the LifeSpan TR4000i, with 74.25 “x 33 “x55”. Therefore, the TR4000i is a great deal for people who are living in small apartments.
As mentioned above, you can easily set the console with the TR4000i. In addition, the console is still equipped with physical buttons to adjust the speed and incline. On the contrary, the F80 is a bit worse in this battle because changes in speed and incline do not occur right away.
As you can see, these two treadmills can fold up easily. But the deck of the F80 is a little heavier due to its extra length compared to the TR4000i, which uses hydraulic shock to fold less exhaust.
What about the speaker system? Both of them are installed with Bluetooth speakers like any other treadmills at the same price. There is no audio accompanying the programs in the Sole F80, but you can play music through the speakers by using an input jack in the console.
The screen is also an essential element that you need to consider when choosing which trainer is most suitable for you. In this aspect, the 6″ LCD easy-to-use touchscreen of LifeSpan TR4000i overshadows its rival with a full-color touch display, three different dashboards, and includes console buttons.
The Sole F80 is a clean, white 9 inch LCD backlit screen with four display options. Although much bigger, it is not as intelligent as the TR4000i.
For cushioning decks, while the F80 has a Cushion Flex Whisper Deck, which reduces impact by 40% compared to outdoor surfaces, many runners appreciate the TR4000i’s eight-point cushioning as well.
These treadmills have a USB port, an accessory tray, an extra bottle holder, and a tablet holder. If you are a fan of that Bluetooth equipment but also fall in love with the LifeSpan TR4000i, you have to buy an adapter to use it. On the other hand, the Sole F80 has it all.
Still, looking for more? Keep scrolling down to find out more outstanding points of each trainer.
Another similarity between these two treadmills is the ability to connect and control via your phone or tablet.
On the one hand, the TR4000i is provided with a safety feature called IntelliGuard. On the other hand, the Sole F80 excels in noise control since it sits closer to the floor, which seems to create noise absorption.
With the LifeSpan TR4000i, customers will get a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, five-year parts, and two-year labor. You could also prolong the warranty if needed.
Meanwhile, the Sole F80 offers you lifetime coverage on the frame, motor, deck, 5-year electronics and parts, and 2-year labor.
Quick Rundown Of LifeSpan TR4000i
- FITNESS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS: The 7'' full-color display features an intelligent color touchscreen with three unique dashboards, and your results are graphically highlighted in the view of your choosing.
- BUILT TO LAST: With a robotically-welded, all-steel frame and 3.25 HP continuous-duty motor, the TR4000i is as durable as the open road itself. It requires little assembly and maintenance and can support users up to 350lbs QUIET AND COMFORTABLE: The sturdy 1” deck is designed to simulate a real road-running experience. 8 independent compression shocks reduce noise and absorb foot strike, taking stress off your knees, back and joints
- TRAIN SMARTER WITH BLUETOOTH: Built-in Bluetooth speakers make sure you never get bored. Burn more calories while listening to your favorite songs and podcasts. You can also charge your smartphone simultaneously by using the USB charger | LISTEN TO YOUR BODY: The treadmill's heart sensors make it easy for you to check your heart rate and stay in your desired training zone. LifeSpan’s exclusive Intelli-Step technology works like a pedometer, automatically tracking your every step
- SAFETY FIRST: The patented Intelli-Guard feature ensures safety by automatically pausing the belt 20 seconds after you step off the treadmill deck | EFFORTLESS STORAGE: The folding mechanism and 4-wheel design makes it easy to move and store this treadmill. Folded size is 40.5" L x 34.5" W x 65.5" H
Included safety feature – IntelliGuard
Equipped with a device charger
The deck with shock absorption
IntelliKey simplifies program setup
Maximum speed up to 12 mph
Full-color touchscreen[/i2pros][i2cons]Short handrails
Not included Bluetooth adapter[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Sole F80
- Folding treadmill with 3.0-horsepower continuous-duty motor
- Vibrant 7.5-inch LCD display with integrated speakers and audio cable
- 6 standard workouts, 2 custom workouts, and 2 HR-controlled workouts
- Easy Assist folding deck design; Cushion Flex shock-absorption system
- 350-pound capacity; measures 33 x 80 inches (W x D); weighs 250 pounds
High-powerful 3.5 CHP motor
Joint impact benefits
Large and convenient 9″ display
Included useful Sole app for free
More affordable price than LifeSpan TR4000i[/i2pros][i2cons]Not appropriate for small living spaces
Only offers ten built-in workout programs
Less modern with white, backlit LCD screen
The top speed is about 11 mph
Lacks in automatic stop[/i2cons][/i2pc]
After discussing LifeSpan TR4000i vs Sole F80, it’s obvious that the LifeSpan TR4000i outperforms this competition. As we have mentioned above, always remember that the cost and quality go hand in hand.
Hope you have gained some useful information to make your own decision.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below!