NitroCat 1200-K vs AIRCAT 1150 which one is the best? If you are serious about vehicle maintenance, you can’t underestimate the importance of air wrenches.
NitroCat 1200-K vs AIRCAT 1150 can both satisfy your needs but if you have to choose one, which one is best for you? Here is our comparison of the two products and a quick review of each one’s pros and cons.
Differences between NitroCat 1200-K vs AIRCAT 1150.
NitroCat 1200-K vs AIRCAT 1150, what are the differences? We will compare them in terms of price, utilities, and maintenance.
Price – Point to the AIRCAT 1150
Both the NitroCat 1200-K and the AIRCAT 1150 come into the impact wrench market at the price point of over $100 and under $200. However, the NitroCat 1200-K’s price strikes a bit higher than that of AIRCAT 1150.
Utilities of NitroCat 1200-K and AIRCAT 1150.
Although the two models look basically the same, they have some different utilities. The NitroCat 1200-K is designed for heavy work while the AIRCAT 1150 is intended for all kinds of automotive work.
The NitroCat 1200-K is suitable for work involving heavy power and a large amount of force. Heavy truck maintenance often involves the use of the NitroCat 1200-K. This model comes with such a powerful twin-clutch design that can produce a maximum torque of 1295 foot-pounds.
Meanwhile, the working torque ranging from 200 to 900 lbs makes the wrench capable of fastening and loosening heavy-duty vehicles. Therefore, heavy truck wheels, tough truck bolts, and nuts can be easily taken apart.
The NitroCat 1200-K is also utilized by professional racing teams for their racing car maintenance. However, the average family car tires cannot withstand the power of the wrench, so the household use of this product is not recommended.
On the contrary, if you are looking for the more versatile use of air wrench, the AIRCAT 1150 can meet your needs. It is built for household use and tire shop use. The AIRCAT 1150 features twin hammer design that also gives the maximum torque of 1295 foot-pounds.
Its working torque is significantly higher than the NitroCat 1200-K, hence making it spin faster than the NitroCat 1200-K. The 1400 lbs working torque is friendly to normal car tires and household use.
Both products last longer provided that you give them basic maintenance. There is no need to purchase any expensive oil, instead, regular oil or grease works well on these two products.
However, the NitroCat 1200-K requires daily maintenance with air tool oil while the AIRCAT 1150 needs less frequent oil maintenance. Instead, you can apply oil to the AIRCAT 1150 once every few weeks and this can help you save maintenance cost.
Quick Rundown of NitroCat 1200-K
Let’s take a look at some features that make the NitroCat 1200-K truly stand out from other Nitrocat air wrench models.
- Powered by air for high convenience
- The item weighs 5 pounds for portability
- The exhaust noise of twin-clutch design reaches 86dBb which is safe for your ears within 8-hour work per day
- Durable ABS plastic for
- Easy maintenance
- Comes with 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Limited workability (only suitable for heavy work)
- More frequent oil application means higher cost for maintenance
Quick Review of AIRCAT 1150.
- sheer power and performance of 1,295 Feet-pounds (ft-lb) of loosening torque and Max. Torque 900 ft-lbs
- 1,400 Blows Per Minute makes this the strongest hard hitting Twin Hammer 1/2 Impact Wrench on the market
- 15-Percent larger rotor creates unmatched power
- Patented quiet technology at 86 decibels
- 2 year parts and labor warranty
The AIRCAT 1150 really makes its name to the top among all the other Aircat products. Let’s check its pros and cons out to see why.
- The item runs on air power
- Works on all car tires
- Lighter weight and more portable (4.63 pounds)
- The noise level also reaches 86 DB which is friendly to your hearing
- Durable aluminum finish
- Easy and money-saving maintenance
- Also comes with 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Consumes more air than the NitroCat 1200-K
We believe that you are able to choose the best air wrench for yourself after reading our comparison post on NitroCat 1200-K vs AIRCAT 1150.
Each one has its own pros and cons but we do prefer the AIRCAT 1150 for its versatile use and portability. How about you? We do hope that our quick comparison can help you out. Make a smart choice. Good luck!
More : Dewalt DCF890B VS DCF883B