When it comes to a reliable tool for working, it is important to weigh between options. If you have ever wondered that between Rockwell RK3440K vs RK3441K, which circular saw will be your best friend in DIY and handy work.
Then congratulation, this in-depth review is what you are looking for. Despite similarities, RK3440K vs. RK3441K still has a list of differences that we will dive into right now.
Differences Between Rockwell RK3440K vs RK3441K
Although Rockwell RK3440K vs RK3441K is from the Rockwell brand, there are some distinctions between the two models regarding power, battery, and design. Here is the examination of these differences.
RK3441K has a 5- amps motor. Meanwhile, the RK3440k VersaCut saw supports a 4.0 amp motor. Both models deliver up to 3,500 RPM. This provides enough power for RK3440K and RK3441K to handle a variety of materials such as wood, flooring, plastic, ceramic tile, and metal.
The RK3440K model is a little cheaper compared to RK3441K. However, at a price of 125$, RK3440K offers not only the saw but also a 3-blade kit, two hex wrenches, and a carrying bag.
On the other hand, with 129$, RK3441K does not include a carry bag but only comes with a vacuum adaptor (Something RK3440K also has) and an accessory kit. You have to pay extra if you want to buy the latter with more blades, unlike the RK3440K VersaCut.
As both Rk3440K and RK3441K are mini circular saws, they are both lightweights in comparison with the traditional heavy circular ones. As a result, users can use them with one hand easily.
However, the RK3441K model is slightly heavier than the RK3440K with 5 pounds in total versus the latter’s 3.4-pound weight. The bigger size of RK3441K comes with a more powerful motor, bigger blade, and beveling mechanism, which is totally worthy.
Quick Rundown Of Rockwell RK3440K
- Powerful, 4.0 amp, multi-functional, ultra-compact circular saw
- Cuts wide variety of materials such as tile, wood, sheet metal, plastics, flooring, and more
- Ergonomic design with slim grip handle improves comfort and enhances grip and control – guide with just one hand
- Built-in laser guide helps you align the perfect cut
- Pivoting metal guard accommodates safe and easy plunge cuts
- Lightweight and easy handling: With the total weight of 3.4lb, this model is an ideal go-to saw for quick projects, working with thin stock, and working on installed material.
- Laser marker: RK3440K has a built-in laser guide that helps you cut more precisely along a long piece of material.
- Comes with many other accessories: When buying RK3440K, you can also get 1 x #60 grit diamond blade, 1 x 44T HSS blade, 1 x 24T Carbide-tipped blade, batteries for laser maker, two hex keys and a carrying bag.
- The laser marker has a separate source of power. Therefore it has to be turned on/off manually
- This model only suitable for short and quick cuts on relatively thin profiles and small projects
- Unlike the RK3441K, RK3440K cannot perform bevel cut, leaving you with only 90 degrees straight cut
Quick Rundown Of Rockwell RK3441K
- [MORE MANEUVERABILITY] All the functionality of a full-size circular saw but in a compact design that’s easier to use, and easier to make quick cuts with
- [REAR MOTOR] For a more balanced feel. With the motor in the handle, you control much of the weight of the saw with just the palm of your hand for smoother movements
- [EASY DEPTH SETTING] The readily accessible adjustment lever lets you change the cut on the fly, and the bevel adjustment lever enables you to make cuts from 0-45
- [SPINDLE LOCK BUTTON] For quick and safe blade changes. Just grab the included blade key and switch out any brand’s 4-1/2” blade
- [IMPROVED BLADE VISIBILITY] The left-handed blade housing allows you to see exactly where you’re cutting, for straighter, more accurate cuts
- Easier to use with thicker materials: Due to the bigger blade compared to Rk440K ( 4-1/2-inch vs. 3-3/8-inch) and stronger motor, RK441K can work with thicker materials and cut deeper than RK440K
- Bevel cut: Unlike RK3440K VersaCut, Rk3441K supports bevel cut like the blade of this one can bevel up to 45°.
- Despite being able to work with various size of profiles, RK3441K does not have the laser guide- a significant setback in comparison to the VersaCut
- For a slightly higher price, when you buy RK3441K, it only includes the saw with one blade and a hex key (case bag is not included)
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
After careful consideration, we can tell you that both Rockwell RK3440K vs RK3441K are excellent products. However, if you only need a mini saw for light DIY projects at home then RK3440K is your best choice.
But if you need a saw for a much more professional and sophisticated works involving thicker profiles and non-straight cut then Rockwell RK3441K is your go-to saw. And with that, we hope you can come to your own decision.