What is the best 14 band saws?
- So here is my list of The 10 Best 14 Inch Band Saw
- 1. Grizzly G0555 14-Inch Bandsaw
- 2. JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw
- 3. WEN 3966 Two-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Worklight
- 4. Shop Fox W1706 14-Inch Bandsaw
- 5. Powermatic PWBS-14CSS Band Saw
- 6. JET JWBS-14CS 14-Inch Woodworking Bandsaw
- 7. RIKON Power Tools 10-326 14-Inch Bandsaw
- 8. DELTA 28-206 14-Inch Woodworking Band Saw
- 9. RIKON Power Tools 10-324 14-Inch Band Saw
- 10. Laguna Tools MBAND144200 14 SUV Bandsaw
So here is my list of The 10 Best 14 Inch Band Saw
1. Grizzly G0555 14-Inch Bandsaw
- Deluxe heavy-duty stand
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides
- All ball bearing construction
- Includes 3/8-Inch blade
- Includes fence and miter gauge
- Powerful motor with dual speeds
- Offer smooth operation
- Easy to use the blade thanks to a handy adjustable knob
- Lack of headlight to illuminate the working area
2. JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw
- 12" DEPTH RESAW CAPACITY: For cutting larger pieces of wood.
- STRENGTH AND RIGIDITY: Upper and lower cast iron frame.
- CONVENIENCE: Quick-release blade tension.
- LONGER BLADE LIFE: Upper and lower ball bearing guides reduce friction.
- STORAGE: Enclosed stand includes a storage shelf and easy access door
- Built-in 12-inch resaw capacity
- 2-speed poly-v belt drive system
- Easy blade tracking window
- Blade guidepost
- Replacement parts are hard to find.
- No headlight
- Manual is poorly written
3. WEN 3966 Two-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Worklight
- 9.5 amp motor creates cuts up to 8.85 inches deep and 13-3/8 inches wide
- Uses 100-3/4 inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1 inches in size
- Spacious 21-1/2 x 15-3/4 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Operates at two speeds of either 1480 or 3280 FPM
- Includes a blade tension gauge, a circle cutting guide, a flexible work light, a 3-in-1 dust port, a fence, a 1/2-inch blade, and a miter gauge
- Lots of power
- Very little noise
- The blade pops off the wheels
- Needs lots of adjustment
- Won’t tension correctly
- Won’t track correctly
4. Shop Fox W1706 14-Inch Bandsaw
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Motor: 1 HP, TEFC, 110V/220V, single-phase, 1,725 RPM, Amps: 14 @ 110V, 7 @ 220V
- Blade size: 93-1/2-Inch (1/8-Inch to 3/4-Inch wide)
- Table size: 14-Inch by 14-Inch by 1-1/2-Inch; Table tilt: 45° right, 10° left
- Cutting capacity (throat): 13-1/2-Inch, Maximum cutting height: 6-Inch (12-Inch with optional extension kit D3348)
- Cast iron wheels with tires already installed
- Easy setup (but you’ll need someone to help lift the unit on the base as this thing is quite heavy)
- Extra storing space in the enclose, solid cabinet
- Hassle-free blade changes
- Solid miter fence
- Multifunctional as it can cut through wood and thin metal (don’t abuse this). Note: this is not a wood and metal bandsaw
- Great customer service
- The rip fence tends not to lock down properly
- The dust port seems to be in an awkward position for collecting dust
- Kind of a pain in the neck when changing speed from 1,800 to 3,100 FPM.
5. Powermatic PWBS-14CSS Band Saw
- PRECISION-BALANCED NINE-SPOKE CAST IRON WHEELS: Reduces vibration and creates smoother blade travel
- EXTENDED BLADE LIFE: CARTER quick tension lever speeds blade changes, and the de-tension setting extends blade life during non-use.
- CLEAN CUT LINES: The built-in chip blower ensures clean, visible cut lines.
- VISIBILITY: 60-watt adjustable lampl, built into the body, provides direct light on blade and work piece while cutting (bulb not included).
- BLADE CONTROL: Has micro-adjustable dual-bearing blade guide system that provides less friction and close blade control.
This PWBS-14CS Band Saw has an extra-large, two-piece cast-iron table. It consists of a 15 in. x 15 in. tilting section and a fixed 15 in. x 5 in. extension for a total working surface area of 15 in. x 20 in.
A balanced, nine-spoke cast-iron wheel makes for smooth blade travel, and a CARTER quick tension release lever makes blade changing easy. A micro-adjustable dual bearing blade guide system is featured above and below the table.
A work lamp and chip blower improve the working conditions around the saw. A Poly-V belt maximizes power transmission while minimizing noise and vibration. The saw has a full 6 in. under-guide capacity with a 13-1/2 in. frame-to-blade clearance.
6. JET JWBS-14CS 14-Inch Woodworking Bandsaw
- 6" DEPTH RESAW CAPACITY: For cutting larger pieces of wood.
- 15"X15" CAST IRON TABLE: Gives you more work area in front of the blade.
- CAST IRON FRAME AND TABLE: Minimizes cutting vibration, and enhances work stability and safety.
- EASY ADJUSTMENTS: Micro-adjustable lower blade guide reduces set-up time.
- COOLER BLADES: Graphite-impregnated polymer blade guides with roller bearing thrust guides.
- Comes with the advanced materials
- Durable and reliable product
- Easy to use and user-friendly item
- Included horsepower motor works for fan cooling and dust guard
- Includes a powerful motor and plugin system
- Comes with an attractive and ergonomic designs
- Offers a longer tool life with its superior features
7. RIKON Power Tools 10-326 14-Inch Bandsaw
- Three Innovative, Patent Pending features make adjusting this redesigned band saw easier than ever before!
- Spring Loaded, Tool-Less Blade Guides – easy & fast setting of the guides without wrenches!
- Quick-Adjust Rip Fence – adjusts for drift with the simple turning of a few knobs! No tools needed
- Quick-Lock Table Trunnion System – handy lever and gear unlock and set table angles in seconds!
- Extra Tall Rip Fence – Increased fence and re-saw bar heights of 6” give added support of lumber being ripped or re-sawn
- Has spring-loaded, tool-less blade guides
- Improved rip fence for better adjustment
- Comes with the quick-lock table trunnion system
- Delivers powerful motor
- Excellent cutting capacity
- Quite heavy
- A little bit pricey
8. DELTA 28-206 14-Inch Woodworking Band Saw
- Nine-spoke precision-balanced wheels
- Full 16-inch by 16-inch cast-iron table tilts 45 degree right and 3 degree left for beveling operations
- Quick-release tension lever
- 4-inch Integral Dust Port
- Cast-iron trunnions table support; Capacity to cut stock up to 6-1/4-inch thick (12-1/4-inch with height attachment)
- 1 HP motor features sufficient power.
- Most of the parts & accessories of this Delta 28-206 Band Saw are interchangeable.
- Cabinet doors are on hinges. It can be easily opened.
- The table is much larger than the 14-inch band saws.
- Highly functional blade tension release lever.
- Very accurate height adjustment. Readjustments are no longer required.
- Great & really helpful customer service department.
- Sloppy lower blade support assembly due to the poor, undersized & pretzel-shaped bar it connects to.
- The bottom-hinged door has a tendency to shut tight and bind up. It may also open all by itself.
- The motor can be a bit difficult to align perfectly.
- Stiff height adjuster.
- Cast iron parts are not as refined as those made in the US.
- It is not that vibration-free.
9. RIKON Power Tools 10-324 14-Inch Band Saw
- Ball-Bearing Blade Guides - Upper and lower ball-bearing blade guides and thrust bearings reduce friction, increase blade life and contribute to the smooth operation of the machine during cuts
- Rack and Pinion Guide Post – Adjust the cutting depth easily with the turn of a knob. New inch scale helps set guide heights
- Extra Tall Rip Fence – Increased fence and re-saw bar heights of 6" give added support of lumber being ripped or re-sawn
- Rear 115V Power Outlet – Handy electrical outlet for plugging in lights, radios, phone chargers and more
- Takes 111” Blades – Band saw accepts all styles of 111” long blades from 3/16” to 3/4” in width
- Easy to transport around
- Provides sufficient powerful motor
- Amazing cutting capacity
- Has an attractive price point
- Lacks work light
- Has a weaker open stand compared to its opponent
10. Laguna Tools MBAND144200 14 SUV Bandsaw
- Motor: Volt: 220 1 phase | 30 Amp
- Blade Length: 125"
- Resaw Capacity: 14" | Throat: 13 1/4"
- Foot-brake w/ Micro Switch | Rack & Pinion Upper Guide
- Rack & Pinion Table Tilt | Quick Release Tension | Laguna Guides
- Highest resaw capacity in its price range
- Largest left tilt range in its price range
- Footprint no bigger than most 14″ band saws
- The biggest motor in its price range
- The excellent blade tension mechanism
- Good build quality
- Dust collection works pretty well, even with under-spec dust collection
- Heavy castings
- Difficult shipping grease removal
- No blade included
- No miter gauge included