A bandsaw is the valuable power tool that you ought to have in the shred no matter if you are a professional woodworker or DIY lover. However, a large number of band saws on the market sometimes make you puzzled to choose the most proper one.
Have you ever heard of Grizzly in the bandsaw world? This brand is quite prevalent and reliable enough to provide an excellent tool for your work. And do not miss out on our Grizzly G0555 vs G0555lx review for a better decision.
Differences Between Grizzly G0555 and G0555LX
In fact, there are not many considerable changes between Grizzly G0555 vs G0555LX. However, Grizzly G0555LX is believed to be the advanced version of G0555 with some innovative features.
But the matter is that G0555 has been extremely popular for a long time. How can the Grizzly G0555LX be superior to the already famous one? Let’s take a deeper dive into these specifications of price, weight, build, and utilities to see the differences.
In terms of price, the deluxe bandsaw of Grizzly G0555LX costs $780, which is $275 higher than the ultimate G0555. If you are on a budget, take G0555 which is very capable and useful for your woodworking or DIY projects.
On the contrary, Grizzly G0555LX is still an excellent option that you can take into account. Don’t worry, it brings a lot of value for that price range.
When it comes to a much more compact bandsaw, G0555 definitely wins as its weight is about 195 pounds. On the other hand, the LX version weighs about 246 pounds when fully assembled.
For this reason, you will find it challenging to move a Grizzly G0555LX product around your working space.
The Grizzly G0555 is naturally famous for its precision-balanced aluminum blade wheels to avoid vibrations. But the Grizzly G0555LX version is still on another level with its computer-balanced cast-iron one. Most notably, the manufacturer has assured that the cast-iron wheels do bring stability and offer smoother performance.
Although both units come with a 1HP motor, their blade speeds are what set them apart. Specifically, Grizzly G0555LX’s engine delivers 1800 and 3100 feet per minute (FPM), while the G0555 gear is about 1500 and 3200 FPM.
It means that the low speed is improved to be a little faster than the G0555, and the amped-up rate shows a little slower. This alteration does not affect the resawing capability drastically, as they still provide you with some flexibility to dial in for any specific tasks.
Besides, Grizzly has added the rack-and-pinion guide post adjustment for the top blade guides to Grizzly G0555LX.
Quick Rundown Of Grizzly G0555
- 1 HP motor, pre-wired 110V / 220V compatible, single-phase (11A at 110V, 5.5A at 220V)
- Max cutting height: 6"
- Cutting capacity at throat: 13-1/2"
- All ball bearing construction w/ Upper & lower ball-bearing blade guides
- Includes 3/8" blade, extruded aluminum fence and miter gauge
Above are all the dissimilarities of both Grizzly models. Now let’s move to the detailed review of Grizzly G0555 bandsaw.
- Powerful motor with dual speeds
- Offer smooth operation
- Easy to use the blade thanks to a handy adjustable knob
- Lack of headlight to illuminate the working area
Quick Rundown Of Grizzly G0555LX
Are you curious about the pros and cons of Grizzly G0555LX? Keep scrolling down for further information.
- Motor: 1 HP, 110V/220V, single-phase, TEFC, 1725 RPM, prewired 110V
- Amps: 11A at 110V, 5.5A at 220V
- Table size: 14" x 14" x 1-1/2"
- Table tilt: 45 deg. right, 10 deg. left
- Floor to table height: 43"
- Computer-balanced cast-iron blade wheels around by rubber tires
- Powerful motor enough to deliver high-level performance smoothly
- Include the rack-and-pinion for the upper blade guides
- Hard to transport due to its bulky build
- Poor-quality blade alignment bearings
When you look for a good-quality bandsaw on the current market, you cannot get wrong with the Grizzly products, especially the Grizzly G0555 vs G0555LX units.
But have you determined which tool is better and suits your demand more yet? Hopefully, you can find out the answer after consulting our review today.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: