When it comes to picking out a reliable amp planer to fit woods or fix doors, Bosch PL1632 vs PL2632K are obviously the two most top-shelf candidates to consider.
It doesn’t necessarily mean that one might be superior to the other one. The twos both have their pros and cons and might be suitable for different purposes. To know which one will work better for your own needs, let’s get into my comparison and find out!
Differences between Bosch PL1632 and PL2632K
Now I am going to guide you through some key differences between these two guys in terms of price, cut quality, and durability. Hopefully, you will find it helpful and refer to it when making your buying decision.
After consulting the prices of the two products, we can say both the Bosch PL1632 vs. Bosch PL2632K belong to the budget-friendly category.
However, Bosch PL2632K is a little bit more expensive than the other one. It is mainly because the PL2632K is the newer model with some additional features.
Both the Bosch PL1632 and the Bosch PL2632K provide users with a powerful and effective operation. They are all equipped with a 6,5-AMP motor producing 16.5000 RPM cutting speed, which is ideal for quick stock removals and even finishes.
However, the Bosch PL2632K comes with some updated features that can noticeably improve the cutting process.
This product is designed with a versatile two-blade system that can be converted for use with high-speed blades, helping to tackle even the most hardened hardwoods or large materials.
Additionally, the PL2632K amp planer also includes one chip-ejection switch that can be moved to discharge the shavings left or right, which will make the process much more enjoyable and effortless.
On the other hand, Bosch PL1632 uses a single-blade system. Although this feature might slow down the planning process and you can run into trouble using this model to handle tougher materials, the machine still does its job perfectly and effectively.
This single-blade design of the Bosch PL1632 can automatically adjust to find the most suitable cutting angle and prevent cutting accidents like uneven planing for you.
Durability And Maintenance
Regarding durability and maintenance, both the Bosch PL1632 and Bosch PL2632K won’t fall short of your expectations.
These two products both have spring-loaded standing and a firmly built-in elevator that can optimize the blade protection against the test of time. Besides that, they are built with a Micro-V belt than can enhance the belt durability for the planers.
The Bosch PL2632K is also equipped with a reversible micro-grain carbide two-blade, which is super long-lasting and up to 30% more durable than the standard carbide blades.
However, the Bosch PL2632K might require more blade maintenance in the future compared to the Bosch PL1632. The main reason for this is that dealing with hardwoods and sturdy materials can easily make the blade dull faster.
Quick Rundown of Bosch PL1632
- Powerful planer with 6.5 Amp rating and 16,500 RPM speed for fast stock removal and smooth finish in...
- Spring-loaded stand elevates tool to protect blade and tool resting spot; special shape allows easy...
- Dual-mount guide fence with protective shield for steady planing of door edges with plastic overshoe...
- Separate inch and metric depth scales for easy setting of planing depth
- Optimally-angled handle for forward motion of tool with soft grip for comfort
- Durable blade
- Fast operation
- Smooth cutting
- Adjustable wood depth
- Drag reduction
- Affordable price
- Not suitable for hardwoods
Quick Rundown of Bosch PL2632K
- Power: the Bosch PL2632K Jointer Planer features a 6. 5 amp Planer and 16, 500 RPM speed for fast...
- Convenient: our electric Planer is the first-ever power tool to have ambidextrous lock-off release...
- Protection: features a spring-loaded stand to elevate tool and protect blade and tool resting spot....
- Accuracy: The aluminum front and rear shoes are precision-machined together for accuracy, and the...
- Versatility: The versatile two-blade hand plane system can be converted for use with large...
- Two-blade system
- Maximum speed
- Durable V-belt
- Protective features
- Tool setting spot included
- Micrograin carbide blades
- Accessories required
- More expensive
It might take quite some time to compare and evaluate things before you can make a final decision. But it shouldn’t be too challenging, especially after you have read our informative comparison between the Bosch PL1632 vs PL2632K.
On our sides, we will choose the Bosch PL1632 out of the two products, mainly because of its ultimate efficiency and maximum speed. How about you? Will you pick the same one?