In the market of the home and construction tool industry, Dewalt has become one of the prominent manufacturers. Among its innovative products, the Dewalt DCK283D2 vs DCK287D2 always gets appreciation from customers.
If you do not know which one to choose, we are ready to help. Below we will compare the power, portability, and features of the Dewalt DCK283D2 and DCK287D2.
Difference between Dewalt DCK283D2 and DCK287D2
Dewalt DCK283D2 runs on a brushless motor with three different speeds. In comparison with the brushed ones, this type of motor gets higher durability and operates quietly. Its max power can reach 460UWO.
The DCK283D2 offers around 57% more runtime than its competitor does. Moreover, with a long-lasting 2Ah battery, you can use the DCK283D2 for a couple of weeks without charging.
Dewalt DCK287D2 owns the same power as its brother, Dewalt DCK283D2. It is a brushless-motor tool kit operating by 2.0 Ah of the lithium-ion battery. For about two weeks, you will not need to charge the device for sure. Also, there are three different speeds for you to choose this model.
Dewalt DCK283D2 is a kit of a DCD791 drill driver and a DCF887 impact driver. Both of them own a compact size. For more detail, the drill driver gets the length of 6.9” and weighs 3.4 pounds, while the impact driver is 5.3” long and only 2 pounds heavy.
How about Dewalt DCK287D2? It includes an ALT DCD796 20V hammer drill and a DCF887 impact driver. The former gets 7.5” front to back and weighs 3.6 pounds. And the latter has the same measures as the ones of the DCF887 impact driver.
Overall, in terms of design, the Dewalt DCK283D2 is superior to the DCK287D2 because of its lighter weight. Honestly, a small difference in length makes no sense. But a heavier tool may cause some aches or pains on your hands when holding it.
In addition to a compact design and powerful operation, both machines feature some other convenient parts. The most impressive one is the rapid charge of the DCK287D2. It takes only 35 minutes for the tool to get full of battery.
Additionally, they have LED lights with three different modes. This design allows you to use the tool kits even in the dark space. These smart lights will automatically switch off if you do not use them after 20 minutes.
The same is also for the DCK283D2 with a LED light. It offers three different modes of brightness to support users well even when working in a dark place. You can adjust from the dimmer to brighter light by an on-off torch.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DCK283D2
- Brushless motor of cordless drill combo kit delivers up to 57% more runtime over brushed
- XR Lithium Ion batteries with fuel gauge in cordless tools combo kit provide 33% more capacity over standard packs
- DCD791 20V max 1/2-inch Drill/Driver in the drill/ impact driver combo kit has a compact (6.9-inch front to back) and lightweight (3.4 lbs.) design to fit into tight areas
- DCF887 20V max 1/4-inch Impact Driver has a compact (5.3-inch front to back) design to fit into tight areas
- DCD791 features a 3-mode LED with 20-minute trigger release delay in Spotlight Mode, providing increased visibility in dark or confined spaces
A package bag and belt hook
A cordless operation
Three different speeds[/i2pros][i2cons]Vibration
Heavy tool bag[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DCK287D2
- Brushless motor delivers up to 57% more runtime over brushed
- Lithium Ion batteries with fuel gauge provide 33% more capacity over standard packs
- DCD796 20V MAX* 1/2 in. Hammer Drill has a compact (7.5 in. front to back) and lightweight (3.6 lbs) design to fit into tight areas
- DCF887 20V MAX* ¼ in. Impact Driver has a compact (5.3 in. front to back) design to fit into tight areas
- DCD796 features 3-mode LED with 20-minute trigger release delay in Spotlight Mode providing increased visibility in dark or confined spaces
Less maintenance needed
Perfect operating balance
A rapid charger included[/i2pros][i2cons]Smoke emission while operating[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Compared to Dewalt DCK283D2 vs DCK287D2, it seems to be hard to conclude which one is better. The two come with excellent features and powerful operation.
But in case that only one option can be chosen, the Dewalt DCK283D2 is worth being the winner. It gets the lighter weights and owns a rapid charger.
So, what is your choice? Let’s share with us!