Dewalt DW716 vs DW716XPS can both satisfy your needs but if you have to choose one, which one is best for you? Here is our comparison of the two products and a quick review of each one’s pros and cons.
Differences Between Dewalt DW716 and DW716XPS
If you have a tight budget and price is a top priority when buying a saw, the DW716 might be beneficial for you. The DW716 XPS is more costly
You may wonder ” Why do they have different prices ?”. The answer lies in an LED lighting equipped with the DW716XPS double-bevel saw.
Maybe a miter saw with the LED inside may be funny to you. The XPS lighting module is the primary distinction between Dewalt’s DW716 XPS miter saw and the lower evaluated DW716 miter saw. The XPS module helps give administrators away from the edge’s kerf and how much material will be expelled.
So, if you work in low light, this LED will help you cut the material more accurately. I think this LED is like an iPhone camera flash. It helps you to have beautiful and clear photos in low light conditions.
Whether a saw can move easily or not is something to consider before buying it. In this case, the DW716 49-pound saw is perfect for movement. Due to having more additional parts than DW716, DW716 XPS is 2.5 pounds heavier.
Notwithstanding, the thing that matters isn’t the primary concern. They have a convey handle that will allow you to move it across your working area effortlessly.
Miter and Bevel Capacities
On the one hand, the cutting ability of the DW716 is excellent. It helps you to make quick cuts without any hassle. You can tilt the saw in both directions (left and right) with a maximum oblique angle of 48 degrees.
On the other hand, the DW716XPS compound miter saw has the most extreme mitering limit of 50° in the two bearings. The mitering framework has 11 pre-introduced positive stops to help make rehashed cuts at the regularly utilized points.
The DW716XPS additionally has an angling head that can tilt in the two bearings at up to 48°. Aside from the 0° position, every bearing has three positive stops at 33.9°, 45°, and 48°.
Quick Review of Dewalt DW716
- POWER AND DURABILITY: 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor
- MITER DETENT PLATE IMPROVES PRODUCTIVITY AND ENSURES CUTTING ACCURACY: Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- MITER DENTENT OVERRIDE that allows you to override the miter stops and adjust to the desired setting without the saw slipping into the miter detents
- EASIER BEVEL CUTS: Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 6-5/8-inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2-inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- CROSS CUT CAPACITY up to 2x8-Inch dimensional lumber at 90° and a 2x6-Inch dimensional lumber at 45°
DeWalt DW716 is such a great cutting tool because it has enough torque to control every job you do with it. It lacks a gliding arm so it is not suitable for large woodcuts.
- Strong motor
- Make accurate cuts
- Safe and easy to use
- Can cut wood and metal
- The cutting guide is not available
- Doesn’t have XPS LED lighting
Quick Review of Dewalt DW716XPS
- Integrated XPS cross-cut positioning system of the 12-inch miter saw blade provides adjustment free cut-line indication for better accuracy and visibility
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability for the mitre saw
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy for DEWALT miter saw
- Precise miter system and machined-base fence support optimize cutting accuracy
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 6-5/8-inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2-inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
This saw is known for its colossal force, fast cutting edge, and astonishing situating framework that ensures you make precise cuts without fail.
DEWALT’s ingenious system – the XPS module – projects a splendid LED light on the two sides of the edge, making a shadow that obscures and turns out to be increasingly characterized as the cutting edge draws nearer to the workpiece.
- Effective motor
- Makes precise cut
- Safe and easy to use
- Has XPS module
- Can cut iron only
Frankly speaking, it’s extremely difficult to confirm which one is better between these two saws. Both of them have their highlights and some drawbacks.
If you need a saw for cutting wood and metal, you should choose DW716. If you want a saw with a larger cutting angle and use it to cut iron, you may choose DW716 XPS.
More: Best miter saw under 150