The list of best generators has shrunk to just two outstanding candidates, Generac GP2200i vs IQ2000. These are products that have made a certain buzz on the market today.
In this guide, we will go through the in-depth comparison between them and recommend you deciding on which is most suitable for you.
Differences Between Generac GP2200i vs IQ2000
Generac has launched many different models of generators with a variety of designs, features, and prices to meet all customer needs. In this comparison review, we will go through the details of these two models on four perspectives: Price, Design, Utilities, and Maintenance.
The two products come from the same manufacturer and are offered at two similar prices with a negligible difference. The price of the Generac 7117 GP2200i at $651.98 is slightly less than that of the Generac 6866 iQ2000, which is at $668.58 now.
The iQ2000 boasts a weight of 46.5 lbs. It is slightly less than the figure 46.6 lbs of the Generac GP2200i.
With the Generac iQ2000, you can enjoy the control centre with a better insight as the machine comes with a data centre. The digital fuel gauge is another plus point, which allows the IQ2000 to be able to show the current fuel level.
The Generac GP2200i provides a running wattage of 1700 W, which allows it to power more appliances when compared to the Generac 6866 iQ2000 with just 1600 running watts.
In addition, with the starting wattage of 2200 W, which is 200 W more than that of its rival, the GP2200i can offer additional boosts required to start more heavy-duty appliances.
The GP2200i overwhelms the IQ2000 when it comes to runtime. At a 25% load of their max capacity, the former can last for 10.75 hours. This runtime is more impressive compared with a modest figure of 7.7 hours its opponent can offer.
Because the fuel tank capacities of the two products are not much different, we can conclude that the GP2200i is more fuel-efficient than Generac 6866 iQ2000. The energy consumption indicators given by the suppliers are 0.11 GPH and 0.14 GPH respectively at 25% load.
Regular maintenance is essential to get the best state of the generators. The Generac iQ2000 offers a one year longer warranty time than the two years provided by the GP2200i.
Quick Rundown of Generac 7117 Gp2200i
- Quiet, Compact, Easy to use. AC rated output running Watts: 1700, AC maximum output starting Watts:...
- Truepower technology provides clean, stable power ideal for sensitive electronics, tools and...
- Built-in handle makes it easy to transport and the integrated OFF/RUN/CHOKE knob simplifies startup...
- Economy mode provides excellent fuel economy and noise reduction while the LED status lights alerts...
- Parallel ready allows you to connect 2 inverters together for twice the power (parallel kit model...
- Compact with a built-in handle
- Long run time – up to 10.5h hours
- Economy mode
- Parallel operation
- At higher loads, the eco mode doesn’t work well
- No remote control
- No wheels
Quick Rundown of Generac 6866 IQ2000
- Quieter than Honda. Smarter. Portable. Run Time (50% Load)-5.7 hrs. Fuel Capacity-1.06 Gallons. AC...
- PowerDial integrates start/run/stop functions into 1 easy-to-use dial / PowerBar monitors and...
- 7.7 hours run time at 25% load. Displacement: 80 cc; Oil Type: SAE 10W-30
- Economy, Standard, and Turbo modes of operation saves fuel and reduces noise
- Parallel 2 units together for twice the power (parallel kit model 6877 sold separately) / Storage...
- The machine is very user friendly
- It comes with three different modes
- Data centre screen helps easily control everything
- Digital fuel gauge
- Parallel operation to double the power you need.
- Lack of a USB port and DC outlet
- No remote control
- It is not equipped with the kit of wheels
Boasting a fantastic blend of performance and price, Generac GP2200i vs IQ2000 is nothing short of exceptional.
However, when competing with each other, we think the Generac 7117 GP2200i will be the winner and will be among the best and most potential projects to invest your money.
The victory is thanks to its long runtime and fuel efficiency. How about your choice? For which one will your vote go to? Don’t hesitate to let us know! Thank you!