To be honest, if you’ve narrowed down your choice to these two units, you cannot go wrong either way. But the question is, Generac GP2200i vs Honda EU2200i, which one is better?
For that reason, we’re going to find out the answer to today’s article. Stay tuned!
Differences Between Generac GP2200i Vs Honda EU2200i
Before we come to the differences between the two products, here are some of the things they share in common.
- 2000 start-up watts, 1600 running watts
- Weigh slightly the same at around 46lbs
- The dimension for Generac GP2200i is 48 x 28 x 43 while Honda EU2200i is 51 x 29 x 42, which makes them almost the same in profile
So, what makes a difference between the two products?
The Honda EU2200i costs a little more than the Generac GP2200i, up to $100-150. However, it also depends on where you get the unit from. Amazon often has really good deals to offer, sometimes up to 40%.
Compared with other generators of the same class, the two machines are considered quiet. You can carry a conversation while having them operate.
However, I must say the Generac GP2200i is slightly better than the Honda EU2200i when it is operating with the low power mode. In the regular mode, the noise level will be similar to Honda, which is not too loud.
The GP2200i comes with a fuel gauge for you to determine how much gas you have left while the Honda EU2200i doesn’t, meaning there is no other way to find out the amount of gas left but by looking under the fuel cap, or simply wait for it to be out of gas.
There are other useful features to come with the backlit fuel gauge of the GP2200i, which are current burnt rate, low oil/fuel indicator, and an alarm to tell you when the unit is overheated/overloaded.
Honda EU2200i basically has all the same features, except for the low fuel indicator.
So far, you can see that GP2200i is packed with more advanced features than its opponent – EU2200i.
As for the ease of use, both of the products are user-friendly; all you need to do is to follow the instructions mentioned on the user manual, and you’re good to go.
Both units require proper maintenance for them to be under good conditions. Make sure you turn them on at least once every 3 months. Also, don’t forget to add fuel stabilizers into the tank every once in a while.
Quick Rundown Of Generac GP2200i
No products found.
- Easy to use
- Comes with a fuel gauge for gas determination
- Good values of money
- Powerful motor with 2000 start-up watts, 1600 running watts
- Auto shut off to prevent the unit from working beyond maximum capacity
- There are only 2 outlets available, limiting the application in certain circumstances
- The instruction is not cleared on the use of panel
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2200i
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i for additional power. Two identical models can be paralleled with an optional cable or cord for up to 4400 watts of power, or time-consuming applications.
- Thanks to our exclusive Eco-Throttle System, the EU2200i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank, depending on the load. This makes it the ideal choice for overnight power, or long-time applications.
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. The precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home.
- Very quiet with a noise level of around 55dB
- Lightweight and compact, which adds more portability
- The starting mechanism is easy to understand and operate
- Not very affordable
- Doesn’t have a built-in fuel gauge, making it hard to determine how much gas is left
So, who’s the winner of the battle of Generac GP2200i vs Honda EU2200i? I suppose you already had the answer to yourself after reading this article.
Both units have their pros and cons, and they’re great generators to have in your garage. Whether you end up buying Generac or Honda, I’m sure they will work just fine to satisfy you.