Generac IQ3500 and Predator 3500: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between Generac IQ3500 and Predator 3500
Below is a summary of the specifications:
Regarding the power, both generators run on gas.
Generac iQ3500 features a 212cc Generac OHV 4-stroke engine with a running wattage of 3000W and a starting wattage of 3500W (as you can tell from the name). On the other hand, Predator 3500 runs on a 212cc OHV 4-stroke engine with the same running wattage and starting wattage as Generac iQ3500.
Moreover, Generac iQ3500 also outweighs Predator 3500 regarding the running time as it features a runtime of 14.1-hour at 25% capacity while Predator 3500 can only run in 11 hours.
At a 50% load, Generac iQ3500 scores again. The product (0.24 GPH) is more energy-efficient than its competitor (0.18H).
Generac iQ3500 seems to prevail in all aspects. More specifically, Generac iQ3500 offers a super silent operation, a lot less noisy than Predator 3500 (57dBA) thanks to its special noise block system.
Both units all have a low THD (<3% for Generac iQ3500 and <5% for Predator 3500), making them suitable for powering sensitive electronic devices in your house such as mobile phone, laptop, plasma TV.
Generac iQ3500 weighs 109 lbs and measures 23.7 x 18 x 21.7 inches, making it a bit more lightweight than Predator 3500 (110 lbs and 22.75 x 17.3 x 20 inches).
Generac iQ3500 also comes with a handle for easier portability. In contrast, Predator 3500 features four built-in wheels, so it only comes down to a matter of preference to decide which unit do you like better. We would say Generac iQ3500 is on equal terms with Predator 3500 in this section.
You can either start Generac iQ3500 with the conventional pull cord or go straight for the electric start. However, Predator 3500 can only be kickstarted with the regular pull cord, which can be somewhat inconvenient after a while as it will require more than one or two pulls for the machine to work.
Both units have 3 AC outputs, but Generac iQ3500 outperforms Predator when it comes with 2 DC outputs, whereas Predator 3500 only has 1. You can keep track of the wattage, the runtime, as well as fuel level you’re using on both units, thanks to the smart LCD.
Quick Rundown Of Generac iQ3500
- Portable Power Solution: Designed for easy portability, the iQ3500 is both durable and lightweight, making it the ideal power source for your outdoor adventures. From your tailgating parties to camping trips, the jobsite and beyond, it has you covered
- Easy Start-Up: The generator features Electric Start with a battery included and an intuitive PowerDial that integrates start, run, and stop functions into one simple-to-use dial, making startup quick and hassle-free
- PowerRush Advance Technology: This portable inverter generator offers over 50 percent more starting capacity, making it perfect for powering tools and motor-driven equipment, allowing you to accomplish more with ease
- Quieter Operation: The iQ3500 inverter generator offers a 40% reduction in noise compared to other generators, thanks to advanced inverter technology and enclosure design, while also delivering 16% more power, allowing you to accomplish more with less
- Smart and Reliable: Enjoy the convenience of USB ports for charging mobile devices, an Economy Mode for reduced noise and fuel consumption, low-oil level shutdown for engine protection, and parallel-ready capability for doubling your power output
Produces clean power (THD >3%)
Convenient wheels for added portability
Fuel efficient[/i2pros][i2cons]It contains lots of plastic
Quick Rundown Of Predator 3500
No products found.[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Powerful engine
Electronic overload protection
Built-in wheels for more portability
Decent runtime of 11 hours[/i2pros][i2cons]Flimsy wheels[/i2cons][/i2pc]
By now, you must have your answer for the winner of the competition between “Generac iQ3500 Vs Predator 3500”.
From the comparison above, it is obvious that Generac iQ3500 outweighs Predator 3500 in terms of everything. Nonetheless, it only comes down to a matter of preference for you to choose the better product. Some people go for one instead of another simply because they like the design better. How about you? Which unit are you going to support? Let us know in the comment section down below!